Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:57 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
There should be a national or regional database system that is open to everyone that would list all of the realtors and then annual stats for each realtor, such as number of homes listed, number of homes sold, number of listings expired, avg number of days on market before sold, avg drop in price (list price - sold price), etc. Plus have either a sellers/buyers comments field or a ratings scale (1-5). This would be extremely helpful in picking a realtor and it would be an easy way to weed out the good realtors from the bad realtors.
Check out Google, and their success since going public.

If your idea has merit, run with it, and see if you can't soon hold 10,000,000 shares of stock at $500/share.

Risk, Reward, and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:59 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I think one of the slimiest real estate agents I've ever met is in the top 10 of all agents in our county. I don't consider her to be ethical or honest at all, but she talks a good line apparently and throws a lot of stuff on the wall. She's a listing machine and buys most of her listings. someday when I'm really bored, I'll look at all her listings and track the price drops.
Yes, that's my big complaint. It's almost as if the bad agents, the slimeballs and liars, make more money than the honest ones! And they never seem to get caught or punished. Where's the justice for the good agents who played a straight game? Along with the honest title agents, loan officers, bankers, etc.? Why should the whole industry go to the dogs because of a few bad apples? It's just not fair.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scone View Post
You are confusing two unrelated matters.
I don't think so at all. I have many friends as I am sure you do, each with their own strengths. If I want a certain type of recommendation I go to friend #1, if I want another I go to friend #2.

I guess I give the human race more credit than you do for being able to distinguish how to use their friends strengths to help guide them.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
There should be a national or regional database system that is open to everyone that would list all of the realtors and then annual stats for each realtor, such as number of homes listed, number of homes sold, number of listings expired, avg number of days on market before sold, avg drop in price (list price - sold price), etc. Plus have either a sellers/buyers comments field or a ratings scale (1-5). This would be extremely helpful in picking a realtor and it would be an easy way to weed out the good realtors from the bad realtors.
There are some agent ranking sites right now, but they just aren't very good yet. If there is a system it needs to be like ebay where an agent can respond to negative feedback as well.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I don't think so at all. I have many friends as I am sure you do, each with their own strengths. If I want a certain type of recommendation I go to friend #1, if I want another I go to friend #2.
Thank you for making my point for me. You evidently trust some of your friends to give some sorts of recommendations, others not so much. So you yourself distinguish between trust in the abstract and a judgment about your friends' reliability in terms of making recommendations.

Quote:
I guess I give the human race more credit than you do for being able to distinguish how to use their friends strengths to help guide them.
Before the housing meltdown, I would have said I gave the human race lots of credit. Lots and lots! But that's kind of how we got in this pickle, isn't it? Lots of credit? And I'm sure everybody consulted their friends for advice on the housing market... which as we all know, can only go up and up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate