Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:52 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times

Advertisements

and it's been about 3 weeks? How depressing. We had a call yesterday from a realtor and she said what was a good time for us for them to see it--we responded right away and said 9am or whatever time they wanted...they were at the beach so she (the realtor)would be calling us back to firm up a time....exactly to come to see it -----and now this realtor never called back!!!!!!!! ouch. I am sad!Maybe the clients got caught in the undertow at the beach! I know tons of people are in the same boat but ugh.....Yes, I am the one in Little Stink Harbor. It is only 4 years old and in excellent condition. We have seen people driving by and doing drive-by's the last week or so and circling around and around.
I guess I better get that St. Joseph's statue out to bury!

We have a realtor and she seems to be doing a good job of marketing it at least..............but nothing!
Maybe I should hold a sign up "free" then they will all come around LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 02:26 PM

247 posts, read 997,902 times
That's pretty typical of the market now. With us it comes in spurts. We'll get 3 to 4 showings one month and nothing the next month. Some people in our neighborhood who has had their house on the market for 3 months or more haven't had a showing yet!

Old 08-17-2008, 02:39 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
I take it you live in a very rural area. We do, too, and have only had 1 showing in two months. It can be as beautiful as anything, but right now people aren't looking at that since they aren't buying the scenery. We had another showing scheduled, but they cancelled at the last minute. I think with the gas prices and everything else people are more leery of buying somewhere that they have to drive a ways to get to work or shopping. It's going to take someone with the exact right circumstances to be interested.

Seems to be par for the course in this time. We just keep packing (we already have our other house bought) and hope for the best. Luckily we are not in such financial straits to have to sell right now. My husband works with a guy who was going to buy a house one street off the beach at Nag's Head, but instead they bought out relatives on a house near Sandusky, Ohio. Everybody is trying to pinch pennies right now.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
We've gone weeks to a month between showings-8 since April. This market's a totally different animal than people have ever experienced.

Rothbear is right about gas, commutes,etc.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:43 PM

92 posts, read 216,097 times
Default crying out loud

dont feel alone....we spent nearly $30,000 updating our ranch home in colorado and had a professional stage our house..it is in good location and very competitively priced...we have had 2 showings since may....i have already moved out of state..so now we have a mortgage and rent...it is just the market..it is very bad...much worse than the media portrays....people dont want to buy a house at a price that will leave them with a home worth less than they paid, so those who make offers are making very low offers....add to that the difficulty in getting a mortgage...good luck...we all need some

Old 08-17-2008, 04:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
All the people who are trying to sell their homes without it being a short sale or a foreclosure are victims of the once who are doing a short sale or a bankowned that is for sale. It is impossible to sell your home for a "normal" price right now.
Even the bank owned have to be priced very low in our area since there are just to many on the market and still more to come in the Tampa area.

I do feel sorry for the people who want to relocate or live in a smaller or bigger home, and just want to sell their house.....I'm not feeling sorry for the others except for the maybe 0.5 % that has to sell due to a health issue or loss of a job and than only if they own 1 home...not for the investors who gambled, or professionals who bought more than 1 with ARM's, etc..., or the people who took all their equity out to buy a boat, fitness equipment, and/or bigger cars,etc.....People who signed the ARM's should have done their due diligence and/or report their professionals if something illegal has done to them.

I hope the people above can have enough time and patience to find that 1 buyer they need to have. Good Luck!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
All the people who are trying to sell their homes without it being a short sale or a foreclosure are victims of the once who are doing a short sale or a bankowned that is for sale. It is impossible to sell your home for a "normal" price right now.
Untrue, If you worked with buyers everyday you would know many of these short sales and foreclosures aren't even in the running for many buyers. The majority of buyers our there are still looking for the "finished product". They all express interest in foreclosures but once they see a few (even some of the ones in better condition) they opt to go with non-foreclosures that show better. They know full well they can get a much better price on the foreclosure and still have some savings if they fixed everything up themselves, but it doesn't matter to them.

Here, many foreclosures are getting bidding wars from "investors" and the higher risk tolerant, handy buyers out there. As long as normal homes are priced within reason they are still selling.

Of course this what I'm seeing here in my market in orlando.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Just remember, it takes only one showing...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,590,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
Untrue, If you worked with buyers everyday you would know many of these short sales and foreclosures aren't even in the running for many buyers. The majority of buyers our there are still looking for the "finished product". They all express interest in foreclosures but once they see a few (even some of the ones in better condition) they opt to go with non-foreclosures that show better. They know full well they can get a much better price on the foreclosure and still have some savings if they fixed everything up themselves, but it doesn't matter to them.

Here, many foreclosures are getting bidding wars from "investors" and the higher risk tolerant, handy buyers out there. As long as normal homes are priced within reason they are still selling.

Of course this what I'm seeing here in my market in orlando.
Agreed.
We are buyers. We looked at several foreclosures and some that were in great shape. We eventually decided on the one that was the best floorplan and maintained well. It was also in good school districts. And we settled on a price that was 7% off asking price, BUT we are paying our own closing costs. Not a lowball by no means.

Don't give up. Our home was on and off the market for 18 months before we sold. It just takes the right buyers. But the way you appeal to that "right" buyer to get sold can vary. It could be price, location, condition, etc, etc.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Well in our neighboor hood and the other communities around here, the only homes sold are either the new construction with very high incentives or short sales, and bankowned....so i guess in this are it is true. I also bought a very nice short sale...good price, great location and it looked very well and only a few yeras old....most other properties aren't even looked at....and also the bank owned sold in my nieghborhood were priced low and the people who bought it were primary home owners who got a good deal and fixed up the rest and had not much to invest to do so. I also have seen very bad looking bankowned and recently the traffic was so high just for seeing the property and it was off the market very fast....so my experience has told me that "normal" priced houses will stay way longer on the market (in Tampa, FL) since there are too many people who need to sell and will have to do a short sale.
Some houses are hardly ever looked at and still have sold, since you only need that 1 person who wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate