Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM

743 posts, read 2,068,806 times

Advertisements

Realtor and entrepreneur of Exotic World Travel & Tours.

As far as credit rating, it's a 10-year hit. One time, regardless of quantity of defaults. Not sure about the scores themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,647 times
Aw man...not sure if I would have posted that link for the world to see (unless you have it in for your aunt).
I don't think she'll be getting much business from this thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Realtor and entrepreneur of Exotic World Travel & Tours.

As far as credit rating, it's a 10-year hit. One time, regardless of quantity of defaults. Not sure about the scores themselves.
Why am I not surprised.....

This is what is happening in my area as well...mostly realtors/sales rep. for the builders, are defaulting on
the many homes they bought and the greed came to hunt them.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,161,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is her profession?

Does anyone know how it will affect your credit score if you default on more than 1 home at the time...can you have a minus score....
Casey Serin of iamfacingforeclosure.com (who is from Sacramento) saw his score go from the 800's to 350 after he defaulted on eight houses and maxed out about a dozen credit cards, which all defaulted as well, trying to keep up. He finally had to take all the cash out of his bank account because the bank was trying to use it to pay down some of his debts. I think the banks ultimately lost about $350K just because of his six foreclosures, never mind the credit-card writedowns.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:14 PM

930 posts, read 2,424,035 times
Casey Serin !!!!!! Poster child for everything that went wrong with our housing bubble.

I hear they are gonna allow him to buy a house again in 09. 3009.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

743 posts, read 2,068,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
his score go from the 800's to 350 after he defaulted on eight houses and maxed out about a dozen credit cards, which all defaulted as well, trying to keep up
Is there a formula to determine deduction of credit scores? I'm assuming it's cumulative. How much will it be to default on just one house?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 PM

158 posts, read 405,579 times
Default Okay...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sure I can explain it. In the article there is a person who stated he is religous and knew this was not how his religious was standing for, but still did what he did....well Obama's church is preaching hate and that has also nothing to do with religion. For him to sit in a church that is preaching hate while kids are sitting there and not getting it until the media is reporting about it...which took 20 years....well that is IMO such a lck of judgment and the people described in the article are similar...lack of judgment and selfish, and they should be legally held responsible.
sorry but I still don't get your point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate