Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,012 times

Advertisements

Tambre, if you find that Patron Saint of cellulite, I'll take two of them!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,524,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
remember me talking about fixing up a doll I had back in the late 60's? Well I decided to hold off sending it to DGD. Anyway here is a pic of her before and after. I need to get a wig brush to style her hair LOL. The dress made out of a old blouse.
And the little painting/paper thang for my peep back in Miami Lakes.

your your viewing pleasure...or giggles, haha.

Attachment 35016

Attachment 35017

Attachment 35018

I can't believe that is the same doll. A woman with so many talents
I

Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Karoga--we do move fast around here. Jump in anytime, girl!

Painter, I'm not catholic either! I'm Lutheran...but I pray to the saints ALL the time! I pray to the angels as well. I believe in spirits also.
Another Lutheran same as me. One of these days I have to go to church.I have found no Lutheran churches in NC. Baptist yes Lutheran no. But i also believe in saints.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly look into it. We have Atena HMO and I thought I would hate it since we had Blue Cross ppo in CA. But the HMO covered all of our gas money going to doctors and we even had the option of going to Sloan Kettering and they would have paid the air fare. That surprised me also out of pocket was only $1,500 per person a year so for two years we reached that 6 mos into the year and after that Gary didn't have to pay for anything even co pays until the next year.
Pros and cons about keeping a puppy crated for along period I did that with my Lucy. Gary left for work before I did and I left at 9 or 930 Gary would be home about 5pm and then he let her out since I didn't get home until 10pm. If the cleaning lady came which was once every two weeks she would let her out but Lucy was a special dog even as a new puppy she would hold it up. I couldn't do that to Coco or when Amy or Billie were pups. Elkie I always had her gated but she came after Lucy. I would just gate the pup and set up a crate and lay some papers down that seems to work for many. It also seem like you have the perfect set up.
Thanks Lorrie. Do you have a website for that insurance? Can anyone get it?
Yeah, I am going to seriously think hard re: the puppy. I think a puppy would help with my depression.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks Lorrie. Do you have a website for that insurance? Can anyone get it?
Yeah, I am going to seriously think hard re: the puppy. I think a puppy would help with my depression.
Dogs give you unconditional Love.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM

959 posts, read 1,825,907 times
OK - I give up. Got got the feedback already from our showing. She said that everything was excellent and the house was in great condition. BUT she thinks it is priced WAY to high and thinks we need to drop the price $40,000 to get any serious interest. There is NO WAY I would do that. If she wants to play, then she can show me exactly what houses she is looking at that are better priced than mine and better homes. DH thinks they are wanting to put in a lowball offer.

So my price is WAYYYYY to high but you spent an hour here? Then I would really like to know what you were doing in my home for an hour if you think it is so overpriced?

Kristine

Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,890,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
OK - I give up. Got got the feedback already from our showing. She said that everything was excellent and the house was in great condition. BUT she thinks it is priced WAY to high and thinks we need to drop the price $40,000 to get any serious interest. There is NO WAY I would do that. If she wants to play, then she can show me exactly what houses she is looking at that are better priced than mine and better homes. DH thinks they are wanting to put in a lowball offer.

So my price is WAYYYYY to high but you spent an hour here? Then I would really like to know what you were doing in my home for an hour if you think it is so overpriced?

Kristine
You know Kristine I see here on the CD boards people say that sellers are in la la land about their prices, you know I am sick to death of hearing that. It is the BUYERS who are in la la land and think they have given you a great big present by low balling you and think you should be bowing at their feet they gave you an offer at all. It makes me so mad that people try to take advantage of others!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:05 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,012 times
Quote:

Kristine
Kristine, was that the buyers agent that told you that...yeah they are wanting to low ball...you and your agents have researched the market..

I know we had some folks through that stayed and stayed, and came back and came back, i always wondered what they WERE doing in there...snooping? Taking a bath? watching a movie? all the while i am out in the car, HOT car, with three panting dogs..makes me mad all over again..

Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM

959 posts, read 1,825,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
You know Kristine I see here on the CD boards people say that sellers are in la la land about their prices, you know I am sick to death of hearing that. It is the BUYERS who are in la la land and think they have given you a great big present by low balling you and think you should be bowing at their feet they gave you an offer at all. It makes me so mad that people try to take advantage of others!!!
I see that on here too and it just makes me livid. The people who are talking that way don't even know what they are talking about and I bet it asked to back up their "opinions" about prices with real hard facts, they could not do it. Like if my agent told this agent to PROVE IT and we might think about lowering the price, we would never hear from them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Kristine, was that the buyers agent that told you that...yeah they are wanting to low ball...you and your agents have researched the market..

I know we had some folks through that stayed and stayed, and came back and came back, i always wondered what they WERE doing in there...snooping? Taking a bath? watching a movie? all the while i am out in the car, HOT car, with three panting dogs..makes me mad all over again..

Yeah, that was the buyers agent. Oh and we got her feedback like 3 hours after she left our house. She was in such a hurry to write and tell me my house was priced to high. That was the fastest feedback we have ever gotten. And from the people who were in our house the longest out of any showing. Would not be surpirsed if we get a lowball from these people.

Don't you wonder what people who don't like your house are doing in it for so long? I mean seriously, having a snack???? If I don't like I house or think it is priced to high, I get out.

I told my agent that until we move (next weekend) I am not accepting any showings unless they are after 5. I again had to leave early from work today for these dolts today and last week we had the no show. I need my vacation time for maternity leave, not to cater to jerky buyers. If they really want to see it, they can work around MY schedule for a couple of weeks.

Kristine

Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,890,068 times
Quote:
I see that on here too and it just makes me livid. The people who are talking that way don't even know what they are talking about and I bet it asked to back up their "opinions" about prices with real hard facts, they could not do it. Like if my agent told this agent to PROVE IT and we might think about lowering the price, we would never hear from them again.

Yeah, that was the buyers agent. Oh and we got her feedback like 3 hours after she left our house. She was in such a hurry to write and tell me my house was priced to high. That was the fastest feedback we have ever gotten. And from the people who were in our house the longest out of any showing. Would not be surpirsed if we get a lowball from these people.

Don't you wonder what people who don't like your house are doing in it for so long? I mean seriously, having a snack???? If I don't like I house or think it is priced to high, I get out.

I told my agent that until we move (next weekend) I am not accepting any showings unless they are after 5. I again had to leave early from work today for these dolts today and last week we had the no show. I need my vacation time for maternity leave, not to cater to jerky buyers. If they really want to see it, they can work around MY schedule for a couple of weeks.

Kristine
AMEN!!! I don't blame you one bit, save the time to be with your new baby and let the "lookers" come at a time that is better for you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate