Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,882,749 times

Advertisements

Jody-way to go.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,156,433 times
Way to go Jody Glad to hear that people are buying! Glad you found some solace in St. Theresa's prayer Crazyma and Judy. Lacey, Judy and everyone, any feedback from any recent showings? TexasGirl...hope the PT does the trick, with no further need for surgery. What kind of puppy were you thinking of getting? I'm enjoying being not-listed...the house is in a state of disorganized chaos, and I'm not stressing about it. Dogmom, you made such a cute couple then, and now! What's the latest with the short sale?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,390,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Texas, I know you feel trapped now. But Austin is not going anywhere, and you need to take care of your back first. Believe me the alternative is not worth it, a day does not go by that I am not reminded of the bad choices I have made in the health department, do to my wants out weighing the needs. Give it alot of thought and proceed cautiously, time will help with your decisions.
I do feel trapped here. I just know in the long run, the pain is going to come back and I will eventually need the surgery. I just want to get it over with and move on with my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG. HUGE POST AND IT'S GONE.
I am feeling better. Felt like roto rooter went through our home. Ugh. My stomach felt like a balloon. Gross. Trying not to eat anything --just light! havent eaten much in 3 days!

How are you Tex? At least no surgery coming. I hope you feel better soon.. We love ya sister!!
NJ--glad to hear you are feeling better. I always like when I get the flu because I don't eat for a few days and end up dropping a few pounds! I love all you guys too! I am looking forward to the day when we can all meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly glad to hear from you and no surgery yet. Don't know what I should say since we moved but it is always in the back of my mind what do we do if hubby needed to get to a hospital asap. our ins network is almost non exsistant in NC. We did find an ONC close by that accepts Atena but that is not our comfort zone. So we go back and forth to FL. If Hubby needs surgery again we will go to Moffitt again so he could get the best treatment. Then get the chemo from the ONC in NC if needed. Our main ONC would still be in FL. Just trying to think in advance since we never thought that a big ins co would not be in a state.
You do know that you have great ins and a job that gives you time off and most likly you will need surgery.You in my opinion should stay or you can take a chance and move to Texas and when you need the surgery go back up to PA and have it done and pay the difference you would have to pay re the ins. I think you said you have family up there if so you could stay with them.
It is just to bad that the doc would not just give you the surgery now. Why won't he since he said you will need it? That I don't understand.
There has to be a way. Or stay in PA and get your dog train it and when you need the surgery your dog will be trained.
The doctor is being conservative--which I can appreciate--but it is putting my life on hold.
As for the dog...I work 12 hr nights 3 nights/week. You are the doggie queen--any ideas on how I can train it while I'm at work? I don't want a puppie holding his/her bladder that long in a crate. I thought about putting a baby gate in my kithen (there's tile there) and then putting his crate in there and doggie pee pads outside of the crate, and pee pad train him, so when I'm at work he can do his business on the pads. What do ya think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Great idea Lorrie about the dog, it sure would make it a little easier staying in PA if you could get your dog and train it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Texas, i wish you lived on the other side of Pa, i would love to hang out with you, everyone around me is so blah and not into having fun, ugh! remember things happen for a reason but maybe there is a way to still move???
so talking about pros and cons....
Pros to moving to Co- only 1
it's where my heart is, i've known this since the first time i was on vacation out west as an adult 8 yrs ago, it actually felt like home, and felt weird to come back. has every time since.

Cons to staying in Pa
-see pros above
Oh Stoy--that is EXACTLY how I feel about Texas--my heart is there, it feels like home and when I have to leave, I cry the entire trip back to Pittsburgh.
Gosh, I wish you lived in Western PA--would love to hang out with you too. Where at in Eastern PA do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey!
Tex- glad to hear surgery isn't immediately warranted, will hope for the best for you with PT...I don't want you to have to have more pain, but would rather the doc be hesitant than gungho to operate.
Any chance you could get a regular nursing job in Austin- that would give you the benefits you might need? So if you could sell your home, you could move on down there??
Hey ma...I am hoping PT does help. I could get a regular job in Austin to have benefits, but then I would have to find a good neurosurgeon down there. I wouldn't have PTO built up until at least a year. The problem is I TRUST the doctors here and I know practically everyone in the hospital, clear up to the administrators. I just saw the director of all our ICU's--8 of them--he said "Don't worry--get the surgery and we'll take care of you! We'll find you light duty when you can come back to work after surgery." I KNOW that I would be in good hands here. So, I don't think that my Austin insurance would pay for me to fly back to Pittsburgh and have surgery.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,390,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
TexasGirl...hope the PT does the trick, with no further need for surgery. What kind of puppy were you thinking of getting?
I also enjoyed the prayer...I need to find it again on here and print it out so I can read it every morning.
I am thinking a samoyed or a miniture american eskimo.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,286,249 times
Way to go Jody!

Our agent was about ready to run up and down the street when our offer got accepted..she has been in the business for years and has had to take on a part time job for the past year or so, it's been so slow..her agency just asked her to come back to 4 days a week there then our contract happened..she was literally jumping up and down in her office...so I know how you feel. I hope now we can get our financing nailed down so it goes through...but it is a sign of things picking up.

Texas, you are sweet, I guess I am old but still a cutie pie... some days, well, you know how it is, don't like how I feel or look right now...but I am working on it..

CrazyMa, sometimes it just takes one thing to put it all in perspective. I am the queen of bellyaching, believe me..we are all where we are for a reason..I know thats why it took so long for our house to sell, there was some reason..I am here in snowy, rainy WA for SOME reason, it all is out of our hands really, trust goes to God that he knows what he's doing...

Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,196,415 times
Default was messing around with my camera....

remember me talking about fixing up a doll I had back in the late 60's? Well I decided to hold off sending it to DGD. Anyway here is a pic of her before and after. I need to get a wig brush to style her hair LOL. The dress made out of a old blouse.
And the little painting/paper thang for my peep back in Miami Lakes.

your your viewing pleasure...or giggles, haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	paintings 013.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	35016

Name:	paintings 016.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	35017

Name:	paintings 014.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	35018

Old 01-27-2009, 03:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,882,749 times
Texas-you are making a sound decision. Your health is first and in having faith in your doctors, staff that's the most important.

There's always next year and things happen for a reason we can't question or know.

I googled the St Jude Novena and am doing that. After all he is Patron St of Hopelessness.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,286,249 times
I cant believe that is the same doll!!! Awesome! You have so much talent, Sara!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,891,414 times
Crazyma you are a woman of many talents!!! I wonder how you got started in your painting. Did you take a class or just pick up a brush and start on your own. I would love to paint but I can't draw a stick figure lol!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,357,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Texas-you are making a sound decision. Your health is first and in having faith in your doctors, staff that's the most important.

There's always next year and things happen for a reason we can't question or know.

I googled the St Jude Novena and am doing that. After all he is Patron St of Hopelessness.
Lacey- I am trying St. Rita- Patron of IMPOSSIBLE. That's where I am at right now with this house situation. St. Jude is great too.

[quote]NJ--glad to hear you are feeling better. I always like when I get the flu because I don't eat for a few days and end up dropping a few pounds! I love all you guys too! I am looking forward to the day when we can all meet!

texas!! THANKS GIRL! I hope we can all meet up too one day! That would be wondie!!

Dogmom- you are a hot tamale !

Tambre- I LOVE St. THeresa!! She is my patron saint. I love the prayer.

Judy! I love your graphics!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate