Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,892,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly glad to hear from you and no surgery yet. Don't know what I should say since we moved but it is always in the back of my mind what do we do if hubby needed to get to a hospital asap. our ins network is almost non exsistant in NC. We did find an ONC close by that accepts Atena but that is not our comfort zone. So we go back and forth to FL. If Hubby needs surgery again we will go to Moffitt again so he could get the best treatment. Then get the chemo from the ONC in NC if needed. Our main ONC would still be in FL. Just trying to think in advance since we never thought that a big ins co would not be in a state.
You do know that you have great ins and a job that gives you time off and most likly you will need surgery.You in my opinion should stay or you can take a chance and move to Texas and when you need the surgery go back up to PA and have it done and pay the difference you would have to pay re the ins. I think you said you have family up there if so you could stay with them.
It is just to bad that the doc would not just give you the surgery now. Why won't he since he said you will need it? That I don't understand.
There has to be a way. Or stay in PA and get your dog train it and when you need the surgery your dog will be trained.
Great idea Lorrie about the dog, it sure would make it a little easier staying in PA if you could get your dog and train it!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,289,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Cute picture dogmom......is that the grand canyon or by little ole St. George?

Hmm...guessing game??? No, that was at Cedar Breaks..

Old 01-27-2009, 12:13 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,199,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
St. Theresa's Prayer
'May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.'

Tambre, I really have to thank you for this prayer. It has been rolling around in my head since you posted it. I feel so miserable here, but this simple prayer really aids in helping me put 'it' in perspective...
one thing I absolutely have to remember is we asked God 2 yrs. ago to please open a way to get us out of Miami, if it was His will. He DID.

I don't know 'why' we are here...but I need to TRUST. I need to open my eyes to the possibilities in front of me and quit bellyaching about what I want.........I have what I need. And for that I should be grateful and humble. I am blessed, if I will only keep my eyes open to see!

Thanks tambre.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Tambre that is a prayer I need to start every day off with, it is good to be reminded we are where we are supposed to be, for the time being anyway. It hit me as I was writing this that if we moved right now it would leave my brother responsible for the upkeep of our parents mobile home we are trying to sell as we would be in a different state and that would not really be fair to him as he has a lot on his plate right now. If that place would sell it would be a blessing both with the money we sink into it every month and just having one less place to sell!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:59 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,030,329 times
Texas, i wish you lived on the other side of Pa, i would love to hang out with you, everyone around me is so blah and not into having fun, ugh! remember things happen for a reason but maybe there is a way to still move???
so talking about pros and cons....
Pros to moving to Co- only 1
it's where my heart is, i've known this since the first time i was on vacation out west as an adult 8 yrs ago, it actually felt like home, and felt weird to come back. has every time since.

Cons to staying in Pa
-see pros above

Old 01-27-2009, 02:15 PM

311 posts, read 917,557 times
Smile Doing the Happy Dance

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Put a contract in the bag last night, with one, possibly 2 more on the way. So yes, Virginia, we are really selling some real estate these days (not short sales or foreclosures either) here in the land of 12% unemployment. Doing the Happy Feet Dance!!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,199,914 times
yay JODY!! send some of that buying MOJO on to our campers who are patiently waiting

Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,454,811 times
WAY TO GO JODY!!!!! Now fill that dang tank up!!!! Hey while you are on a roll sell mine too, ppplllllleeeeeaaasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee. I am just a jumpin up & down for ya.......yeaaaahhhhh

Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM

GG Jody!!! PLEASE send some of that karma out here to California for me!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,395,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Thanks, Gold...I was a typical blonde California girl...this is what I look like now, just remember it's been 25 years and at least 5 moves since!
Actually, this was last year but the scenery is so pretty..
You are still as cute as ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate