Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
No matter what is going on with the economy, I am grateful that there is still one place we can gather for support and encouragement and chase away the mean spirited buliies (lol )!!!
touche'!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:17 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Morning fellow campers, rather quiet here today. Are you all on a cleaning frenzy for all the droves of lookers coming over the weekend???? Yeah I know..............

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi Kristine..oh I am on meds, this has been going on with treatment since 1993, and probably before that thinking back. I was managing ok with meds until I got sick with Epstein Barr Virus in Nov 2002. Chronic fatigue, depression, all goes hand in hand with EBV...I was still working then, and was off work on benefits from Nov 2002 until late March 2003. And even then I should not have gone back but was feeling so pressured from work..long story..anyway, i ended up leaving that job when hubby decded to retire also due to stress and dpression..yes we were the golden couple...then started the moves. I worked in NorCal for a year, 2004-2005 for a junior high, I loved it but the EBV came back..I managed to hang on for the school year, by a thread..then we sold that home, moved to Utah, sick off and on. When I feel good, I am semi good..no energy, lots of body pain..anyway its a long story. I am not lazy, i have always worked. I just can't now. so that's my story..trying to get my paperwork in order, thank goodness it's not in storage, lol.
Barb, I hope everything works out for the appeal. EBV is a b***h.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Depression is such a hard thing and I never really understood it before going through it myself. Just know that you have lots of campers out here routing for you!

Kristine
Depression is a hard thing to deal with. Been THERE!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Hi all just checking in for a few seconds. I sure have a lot of catching up to do!!! Bob is still in critical condition but is getting somewhat better. He is down from 13 IV's to 8 IV's and they finally got his blood to clot so they will be doing surgery on his infected hip Monday and if all goes well he will be on crutches till a later date then his hip will be replaced. His kidneys are doing much better but he is running a slight fever. We have Johnathan ( I wish I had his energy ) so I am very busy as he sticks to me like glue. When we go to bed he has to be touching me and by the morning I am on the edge of the bed on my side and can't even turn over lol!!! I miss you all TC and GB!!!
Judy, glad to hear that Bob is doing somewhat better. Is Jonathan his son?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Painter you are too funny. I could care less anymore.

Mr. L had blood work this morning as the drugs he's on for Crohn's is a cancer med that can ess up your counts. Doctor called and all's fine.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hi there Lacey, that is good news! Glad to hear he is handling the meds well, what a relief.
I have to admit I am cleaning today, one of my boys had 2 siezures last nite and lets just say some of the affects are nasty. He scares me when this happens and thankfully it is not often. Anyway, now I only clean for ME, and the heck with everyone else. I went as far as to unpack some of my photos, so there!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hey Lacey , good to hear Misters labs are looking good. Very imp. to keep track of.

Stoy it is like spring here all wek, but I think it is the calm before a strom kind of nice There was quite a snow here in April 07, so I am not too excited!

Ohh yeah realized we have been here almost 2 yrs. end of the month. Gee time time flies when you are having fun......

Hey Gold don't forget to check out thrift/secondhand shops...if that is your cuppa tea. DD just bought a basically NEW sofa at the thrift for $70 and it is the Corona, 'pear' color that sells at Macys for $899/sale 699
i think i taught that child well I love me thrifts & bargains

Well i need to crack the whip over my back and get busy. Been playing at getting this ottoman covered- got the padding done, now I need to measure , cut & sew the slipcover.Just gonna do that instead of stapling it down...

Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM

LOL-I did too-I put my grands back on the refrig! So there buyers (sticking tongue out).

Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I have no idea. I have always had a really strong sense of smell so I always smell stuff others don't. Now, it is probably worse! LOL

I think I am one of the only ones that does not agree with the salary cap. I really don't think it is a good idea and think it will hurt companies more than it will help. I have the pleasure of working side by side to our CEO who makes well over a million a year and he earns every penny. Yes, there are some that don't and they should be fired. There are always people that don't pull their weight but putting a salary cap will make people look elsewhere and a company may miss out on great talent because of it. I know it is hard to think of someone not being happy with $500,000 a year but it really depends on where you live too. $500,000 in NYC is a lot different than $500,000 in Lincoln Nebraska.

Kristine
Is the CEO you work for looking for money from the stimulus package? If he's not looking for a handout, then I don't think this applies to him...that's his business, and he's obviously running it successfully. If he is going to require a financial handout, I think that he should have to take a salary cap, as an act of solidarity with the rest of us suffering through this difficult economic time. I think some of the people at the bottom of the ladder also work extremely hard for every penny they get, and they are getting screwed. I live in a commutable suburb to NYC.. The median household income for people in this county is $75,000 a year...and we are one of the highest taxed states (property taxes) there is. If we can survive, then they can make it on $500,000 a year. Maybe your CEO is a really good person, and can justify his high salary. Each case is most likely different.

Last edited by tambre; 02-13-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Is the CEO you work for looking for money from the stimulus package? If not, then I don't really care what he makes...that's his business. If so, I think that he should have to take a salary cap, as an act of solidarity with the rest of us suffering through this difficult economic time.

That I agree with, if you took money then no, you should not be able to make whatever. But I am afraid this is just the start of it and that they are going to think they can put these regulations on everybody regardless if they took money or not.

What about someone who comes into these companies and does make the cap and brings these companies out of the dirt, and pays back every cent they borrowed plus interest? I think those people should be able to get paid whaever after they have paid everything back. They took the risk and did the work they needed to do to get these companies back on their feet.

Kristine

Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 AM

I do think each scenario is different. And Hammy in that case yes they should be rewarded.

While we were shopping today it was amazing how people are so upset and feel so used/abused by this package. We have not and won't see the total ramifications for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate