Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times

Advertisements

No Lorriem I heard it the same way, no idea what is going on. He seems to be changing direction every other day

Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey Chickrae, Wondered if you got laid up in the airport!
Yep. Left Tulsa two hours late, which made us miss a flight in DFW, got put on the 9pm flight, loaded the plane, had us sit there until almost midnight, then closed the airport due to ice, told us to get off the plane, no transportation to any hotels, no food in the airport and cots were limited....it was lovely! ` We did meet a nice lady from Vegas and we stayed up all night talking on our cots, so now I have another email buddy.
The flight to Vegas the next day was two hours late leaving which made us miss our walk through on our house in St. George....oh and our luggage never came on our flight. Yep I was crying....but now its all better!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,368,809 times
Quote:
Just wantedd you all to know I am freezin my butt off----down to 15 tonight! So do I really really want to move further north???? Arthur is telling me no right now, lol. Just cant believe it. Oh man Lacey i thought of you when I was out there just now, girl you must be eskimo by now!

Hey Chickrae, Wondered if you got laid up in the airport!
Wow--15 degrees is LOW for Florida!! Bundle up Painter!!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:50 PM

crazyma - that pirate doll with the parrot is so dang cute. You are very talented.
Hammy - hope the inspection went well!
Texas - sounds like you have a lot of constant pain. I am so sorry. Hope the percocets start helping. Those percocets used to make me so sick. I like the loratabs.
Painter -stay warm! I came from 62 degree weather, back to 30 and now it is going to be 70 this weekend in OK....gotta love the ups and downs of temperatures.
Lorriem - that is so exciting. I bet easter will be so fun for you. I wish I could bring my little grandaughter here from Utah. I brought her out last summer and she liked OK but thought it was too HOT.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM

Actually I think the new stimulus plan for homebuyers is a good thing. Here is the link to it.
Senate OKs $15,000 tax break for homebuyers - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090204/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus - broken link)

Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Morning campers, I need the campfire today, its 26 out!!!! Had to take a hammer to the barn this a.m. to break ICE!!!!!! Also I lost touch with civiliazation since last nite, could not get on the net, my puter was puter out. Hope the dang thing last awhile longer, its not even 2 yrs old yet.

thought Obama dyed his hair too after seeing him on yesterday. He will look like a raisen in a couple more yrs or is that a prune? He keeps having all the cabinet members fall out, there will be no one left to fill the white house. Wonder if they will take applicants on line?

did you get alot of ice where you are? This ice is ridiculous. I am used to taking a scraper and scraping frost off and brushing off nice powdery snow. The ice is impossible to get off the car windows. You have to chip it and break it...as you well know.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Texas - sounds like you have a lot of constant pain. I am so sorry. Hope the percocets start helping. Those percocets used to make me so sick. I like the loratabs.
Thanks Chickkrae. I actually was pain free for over a week, but now it's back. I just wish I could have the surgery and get it over with. I don't think this pain is going to go away unless I have the surgery. It's a double edged sword--I'm petrified of having the surgery too.

Hammy, how did the inspection go--any news?? Hold your ground girl!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks Chickkrae. I actually was pain free for over a week, but now it's back. I just wish I could have the surgery and get it over with. I don't think this pain is going to go away unless I have the surgery. It's a double edged sword--I'm petrified of having the surgery too.

!
Sounds awful. I can't imagine living with pain all the time. I would be afraid to have surgery too. What type of surgery is it? I know you posted it on here but I am not sure what page it is on. My dh needs a hip replacement plus a knee surgery and till then I think he will always have pain.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Some great news. Grandkids and Mom will be coming for Easter (son in law has to go to china on the 17th so he will stay home and rest) I found non stop air fare from USair for $149 going and $139 going back. I guess no one is traveling. Now I wish I could sew like Sara and make GD a big bunny instead of buying one. I really hope it is not cold It was 18 the am but I have hopes for April. We will hide a lot of eggs out side and some in the house and get the fake eggs also to put money in and gift cards for the boys. A 17 year old looking for eggs makes it much better if he can find a best buy gift card and the 13 year old will love it also. GD will love the eggs and the money and all will enjoy the candy. I just had to share.
Oh Lorrie, that is not 'off topic' at all...I know you are so excited, especially since you have been missing them so much lately..when is Easter?? that is a great deal on air fare, and I'm sure they are all excited to come see Grandma and Grandpa, and Billie, Amy, Elkie and Coco too..

That's very exciting girl...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Barb I thought you said you were going to let your hubby worry about the house and the loan. Now try it again and it does wonders. I worry also but I am getting so much better letting Gary worry about the major things . Heck even the small things. Practice makes perfect. Say to yourself don't worry, Don't worry.

I know, its just that these people have had us jumping through hoops, and now we haven't heard from our guy since Monday...hopefully he is busy putting the darn loan together..Carl said he would call him tomorrow...our loan contingency has to be met tomorrow, how do I know if anyone else is waiting to put in an offer and sneak it out from under us. Of course it went pending yesterday and i know they would give us 24 or 48 hours to remove that loan contingency. Girls its no better buying than selling....anyway, i was surprised to see the go pending from short active contingent..I wonder if the loan contingency has been met and no one called us..lol, right.. Well will leave to hubby and God..if it's meant to be it will happen, if not then there is something else out there..

You know my youngest had a lot of sleepwalking issues when he was little, and had some other problems, not sure why but anyway someone had given him a 'worry stone'. I need it..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate