Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 05:44 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times

Advertisements

Kristine, this article was in the online Sac Bee yesterday...baby names!
The Bee's California baby name database - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,354,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lacey, you are not seeing things, I was thinking the same thing about Obama yesterday..I can't imagine why anyone would want that job..will be interesting to see what happens next. I hope he can get us out of this mess, but I don't know..

Woke up at 3 am thank you dogs. by the time I haul my rear out of bed, find my glasses that have been tossed aside, grab a robe, stumble (literally) out to the living room and let the dogs out, go potty, let the dogs in (if I am real lucky I get them out in one fell swoop, sometimes it's 3 separate trips)..By then I am awake. I am hoping they have not forgotten how to use a DOGGY DOOR because that is one of the firsts things I am buying.. I am not a great sleeper to begin with...now two of them are laying here by me on the sofa sound asleep..something really wrong with this picture lol..

I will probably try to go back to bed, I have a haircut at 12:30..cancelled the one yesterday as my head hurt too much, but if I don't get some sleep I will be a mess later..

I felt real bad last night for my folks, my dad especially is taking losing Cookie yesterday really hard, I called last night and he didn't want to talk. I don't know if he just wasnt talking or not talking to me...our relationship is still really strained. Oh well, nothing I can do from here but call today again..

Later campers..
OMG! Dogmom. I read about your dad's greyhound. I absolutely adore greyhounds...and so do my kids. They really want one. My husband had one years ago and died at 7 due to bone cancer. That is common in greyhounds....sadly.....I am so sorry for your loss! They are precious dogs.... I hope your head is feeling better. Take care of YOU!

Lacey and CraZYma--I noticed too that Obama looks grayer! I wonder if he maybe dyed his hair and now stopped to look more distinguished>>?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:17 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,222 times
Morning campers, I need the campfire today, its 26 out!!!! Had to take a hammer to the barn this a.m. to break ICE!!!!!! Also I lost touch with civiliazation since last nite, could not get on the net, my puter was puter out. Hope the dang thing last awhile longer, its not even 2 yrs old yet.

thought Obama dyed his hair too after seeing him on yesterday. He will look like a raisen in a couple more yrs or is that a prune? He keeps having all the cabinet members fall out, there will be no one left to fill the white house. Wonder if they will take applicants on line?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:18 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,282,742 times
NJ, thank you..my folks will have a hard few days, but they will be ok...we have all been through this before..

Hubby and I have worked with Greyhound Pets since 1995 when we got our first greyhound, an ex racer named Casey.. She was wondeful and yes, they make great, great pets..they are big ole couch potatoes, contrary to what you would think they don't need a lot of room, lots of dogs in our chapter have been adopted out to condo and apartment dwellers. We then adopted Sandy in 1997 and Lindley in 1998...they have all since passed, Casey in 2002, Sandy in 2005 and Lindley in 2006. At one time we had four dogs, our first dalmatian Daisy and the greys....it was a FULL house. We have not had a greyhound or been able to do fostering since we lived in Northern CA in 2005 so would be nice to get back into it. they really are great dogs...

Old 02-04-2009, 07:24 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,222 times
dogmom, They do an adoption here every summer and I always go look (play) with them. They do it in the center of the mall. Most of them come from mobile track, the owners there are horrible. They make the news every yr for something, it is sad how they treat those animals. So sorry for the passing of that baby, it is like losing your own kids. I had to put 2 down after the hurricanes, a long story but it was so difficult for me and my dd. Dixie was 16 yrs and we adopted her at 2 so it was along time family member.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,275,553 times
I like Greyhounds and have thought about getting one someday. Either a Greyhound or a Lab.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM

959 posts, read 1,826,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-Feedback e-mailed last night. Back yard too small for their kids. Oh well it is only 1/2 acre what would I expect.
To small??? WTH do they want? We have 1/2 acre right now and my son can drive his little battery powered 4 wheeler around in it! We have a large rainbow system and two dogs that run around on our 1/2 acre. We are moving to smaller so that we don't have to mow so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

My daughter is in another mag if I didn't mention it! First at the grocery checkout aisle!!! (I believe Walmart/Bj's/Target carry it--besides the bookstores.....Paula Dean is on the top part of the cover.....
She is on page 81 of this mag!! Feb.16th issue.

Also--this Thurs. she is doing a shoot for Target! It should be an online thing through target. com so I will fill you in more as we go along!
Wow - congrat's to her! That is AWESOME!

Quote:
FEEDBACK from realtor: Wife liked the stucco exterior of our home. Husband didn't.
Omg. How sad. That was it!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. AND THESE WERE THE SERIOUS BUYERS WHO WERE DYING TO SEE OUR HOUSE! yea, right. Serious my arse.

I am off to watch the Bachelor soon....and then try to get some sleep.....
Nite all.
They ALL are serious buyers lately aren't they? Only NONE of them are actually serious buyers. That is what those people who did not like Oak, and had to wake me from a nap because they HAD to see my house ruight then and there, said they were. Serious Buyers. What a crock of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I come from Packer country and now that Farve made a media spectacle of himself and sold out to the New York Jets, some of the hoopla has died down here.
I was raised in Packer country as well! I grew up in Green Bay and was born into a family of die hard Packer fans. I cannot tell you how many dogs I had growing up that were named after Packers. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
There's a special place in HEAVEN for you and your hubby. Do NOT CLEAN--Do NOT shovel up dog POOP --so they want to be A**es, so can you!!

I will not accept any offer like that--thank god I don't HAVE to move d/t another mortgage. I do understand your situation though.
Ya know, if we did not have this other house we would have told them to suck wind. But we just want to be done with it.

Quote:
It's good to hear but sometimes I get really tired of being the bigger person. It doesn't always pay off! I am just venting Hammy, sorry!
No need to apologize! I know exactly how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Okay peeps, I know y'all are probably sick of seeing my projects, but I have to share what I have been obsessing over the last few days. I wanted to have these done to ship out tonite- didn't happen. Hubby will be home in an hour!! to eat B4 school and I am still in my jammies!! ( lovely sight) LOL

Found these patterns in a book. The author shall remain nameless, as I would like to kick her and run her thru a sewing machine.The directions were horrible and I had to keep modifying....plus made some changes like the pirate hat, etc. Presenting: The ballerina and the pirate.
Enjoy
Attachment 35441Attachment 35442
You are so dang talented! I got kicked out of Home Ec because I broke the sewing machine needle one to many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
so dashcal (sp.?) couldn't take the heat & backed down so I heard Stick his booty in jail! And did the chosen say he screwed up??? Not as easy a job as he might have thought, huh.
I tell ya what those politicians could screw up a one car funeral. And THEY claim they want to AID the country. Lord help us

and now they want to give tax cuts on new cars!!! WTH? There ya go, get irresponsible people even deeper in a hole.
good grief, if they really want to stimulate the economy, GIVE US back our taxes paid in , in 2008! a TAX free year!!
They are all crooks. All of them. They all make my skin crawl and it drives me crazy knowing there is really nothing I can do about it because they don't give two rips what we think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Thanks!!!

Kristine

Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM

959 posts, read 1,826,499 times
Well, my insection is today from 2-4 so I hope it goes well. My reltor told me that she DARES them to come looking for anything from the inspection. She is so mad at these buyers for being just jerks.

Kristine

Old 02-04-2009, 01:14 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,525,981 times
Default Luv the dolls

Sara are they for your graddaughter or you? I can't even hem up a dress. The one and only time I did it was in home ec and we had to wear the skirts the next day. My hem fell down. Gary is a great sewer. When I need a button or whatever done on my clothes I go straight to him.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:16 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,191,887 times
Dogmom- sorry to hear about your parents dog...I am sure they gave her a wonderful life....speaking of dogs...did they ever find the other one that was missing???

hammy good luck with the inspection- they dare mot complain!! WHAT is a rainbow system????

Niki...are you waiting on the dog until you might move? I remember you have cats, no dog yet??

Oh GUMBY where fore art thou- your campfire mommies want to make sure you stay in line! LOL

BBL- you won't believe what i have been doing last nite & this morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate