Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times

Advertisements

IN THE PINES....

Painter you never know those buyers may look at what is out there in be back!!!

Barb have a great time and a safe trip and enjoy yourself!!!

Glad you all enjoyed Tink!!!

TC and GB you all!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
Anita,
I'm glad your move went well. What part of NC are you in?

Crazyma,
lol I watch American Idol and I don't like Tatiana or "Bikini Girl" (good riddance) either.

In the Pines,
Welcome!!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Here is an update, spoke with agent and those people did not buy that house for 50k more. He is trying to get ahold of the buyers agent to see what they decided, if anything. Maybe they will come back here, doubt it but....

Hammy We are waiting for the update!
What, they don't like the pot field????? LOL

Well they came and went. My realtor said they kept saying "yeah but, you pay so much for a house you expect it to be perfect" and "you expect a house that is new to be in better condition".

She said she wanted to say "if you want a new house, then go spend the money and go buy a new Fing house! This one is 7 year old!" I love her. She said clearly their expectations are over the top and she did not think she got through to them. She is kind of with us with telling them to take a hike. So we will make that decision tomorrow when they come back with the inspection list. The thing that makes me the maddest is that she said they came through one of our very first open houses we had and they loved the house but could not afford it. Back then in was $100,000 more than our current list price. So they knew our original list price and STILL lowballed us. They are getting $140,000 off the current list price and are still bitching.

Kristine

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM

394 posts, read 1,049,465 times
Default Glad to be here!

Wow - thanks for all the warm welcomes! I wish I could figure out how to use the quotes feature - I'm not dumb, I promise.

Painter - we are trying to sell our home in SC and since my husband travels out of town for work each week (he's in Germany this week) I'm not doing anything with my appraisal skills as I am at home with my two little ones. But... I'd love to appraise farm land one day when my boys are in school full time. So... we're trying to sell our home so we can move closer to family as we currently have no family anywhere close to use now and I'm longing for a cooler climate than the Lowcountry of SC offers. We're looking into farms when we sell our home.

I'm staying as optimistic as possible during this whole process b/c I believe consumer confidence is key. I have gotten very frustrated with agents who, though nice, try to contribute to decreasing house values by advising clients to sell low so they can earn a faster paycheck. I understand everyone needs to eat but when an agent told me he flat out he couldn't sell our house for anything over X amount, I was a little miffed and then I actually respected him b/c he knew he client base and his skill level and was honest when he said we perhaps would do better with another agent who could afford to wait longer for the sale. I wonder how many agents pressure sellers to lower the price simply to have a faster sell rather than the best sell?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Default Can I vent??

Well, the nightmare continues...talked to our loan guy today, ok here is what the underwriter needs now.
1. last 2 months ENTIRE bank statements, not just showing beginning and ending balance.

2. 12 months of statements from our retirement savings/investments. We take a small amount monthly for income. I guess they want to make sure we are not going to run out of money.

3. Award letter from Social Security showing the hubby gets a set amount
monthly from Social Security.

4. My first born

5. 2006 and 2007 Fed taxes

6. Letter from us stating why we made two of our son's house payments this year, one was a gift from last Christmas, and the other was for him helping us move in August...We had the money in the bank, it was just a gift. Hubby is the co signer on the kids mortgage, when he bought his townhouse in June 2007, we had no idea we would be moving any time soon. He has the income, he just didn't have the downpayment as a first time buyer and for him to get a good rate he needed a co signer. We don't regret doing it but he does make his payments except for the gifts we gave him. for crying out loud he works for the state as a correction officer. I also put in the letter that he is getting married in 2 months and that will bring in another income to the house.

Previously I had to pull up all my son's bank statements showing that each month he made the payment out of his account. they even wanted the whole statement and we just didn't think it was anyone's business what he bought at the market or starbucks..but we sent it...and he feels bad that we are in a pickle, he thinks it's because of him, its not..we weren't held at gunpoint to help him.

We had to call our investment company in Newport Beach, CA to see if they could get us 12 months worth of statements because I have a few here, but everything is in STORAGE. Thank goodness I have the tax stuff on my computer so I printed that crap out. Well, they could but then we could not get the fax machine here to work so hubby had to go to the next town to have them send the fax..he is back and faxing everything now to our loan guy. We can fax out, we just cant fax in...we are both about to shoot ourselves..

So thats whats going on...I guess I will take my huge file of real estate stuff with me in case we need to refax something. This is just chopping my hide and not making me a happy camper. Can I scream now?????

Oh, our agent emailed me this morning, the escrow company picked up our deposit check yesterday, which is probably why it went pending..and the pest was done and no bugs..so there is some light there..

And I still have to pack all this crap to take. I just wanted to get it over with and relax..rats

later

PS Pines! Welcome, we are a great group..I can't tell you how much I vent here, and it does help...these gals are great.. We do have a token male, Joe, but he hasn't been on in a while. Oh and Gumby..forget him, lol

Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, the nightmare continues...talked to our loan guy today, ok here is what the underwriter needs now.
1. last 2 months ENTIRE bank statements, not just showing beginning and ending balance.

2. 12 months of statements from our retirement savings/investments. We take a small amount monthly for income. I guess they want to make sure we are not going to run out of money.

3. Award letter from Social Security showing the hubby gets a set amount
monthly from Social Security.

4. My first born

5. 2006 and 2007 Fed taxes

6. Letter from us stating why we made two of our son's house payments this year, one was a gift from last Christmas, and the other was for him helping us move in August...We had the money in the bank, it was just a gift. Hubby is the co signer on the kids mortgage, when he bought his townhouse in June 2007, we had no idea we would be moving any time soon. He has the income, he just didn't have the downpayment as a first time buyer and for him to get a good rate he needed a co signer. We don't regret doing it but he does make his payments except for the gifts we gave him. for crying out loud he works for the state as a correction officer. I also put in the letter that he is getting married in 2 months and that will bring in another income to the house.

Previously I had to pull up all my son's bank statements showing that each month he made the payment out of his account. they even wanted the whole statement and we just didn't think it was anyone's business what he bought at the market or starbucks..but we sent it...and he feels bad that we are in a pickle, he thinks it's because of him, its not..we weren't held at gunpoint to help him.

We had to call our investment company in Newport Beach, CA to see if they could get us 12 months worth of statements because I have a few here, but everything is in STORAGE. Thank goodness I have the tax stuff on my computer so I printed that crap out. Well, they could but then we could not get the fax machine here to work so hubby had to go to the next town to have them send the fax..he is back and faxing everything now to our loan guy. We can fax out, we just cant fax in...we are both about to shoot ourselves..

So thats whats going on...I guess I will take my huge file of real estate stuff with me in case we need to refax something. This is just chopping my hide and not making me a happy camper. Can I scream now?????

Oh, our agent emailed me this morning, the escrow company picked up our deposit check yesterday, which is probably why it went pending..and the pest was done and no bugs..so there is some light there..

And I still have to pack all this crap to take. I just wanted to get it over with and relax..rats

later

PS Pines! Welcome, we are a great group..I can't tell you how much I vent here, and it does help...these gals are great.. We do have a token male, Joe, but he hasn't been on in a while. Oh and Gumby..forget him, lol
OMG woman! No wonder you having trouble being happy! These people are making your jump through a gazillion hoops just to buy this house. You try to help the economy by buying a home and they make it damn near impossible!

Kristine

Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Wow - my realtor must have worked some serious magic tonight. She just called me back and said that they already gave their answer. They want NOTHING with the exception of some flashing around the windows that we have to go back to the builder for. Apparently he installed them incorrectly so we are going to make him come back and do it for us. So it looks like things are going to happen after all! My realtor is like some miricle worker!

Kristine

Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

394 posts, read 1,049,465 times
Agreed hammy! Buyers are helping the economy right now - we need more of them. I understand about stricter standards since the whole mortgage mess of the past couple years but did all common sense and faith in people go out the window?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Default Great news, Hammy!

So glad to hear some good news for you, Hammy. It sounds like it is going to work out! Fingers crossed...

Niki, we moved to Winston-Salem, so we are not too far from you! We love it! I must admit, though, I'm still getting used to the cold... brrrrr!!!!

Anita

Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,203 times
Oh Barb I am so sorry to hear about all the hoops you are having to jump through!!!

Well gang I am heading off to bed I feel really yucky and besides my computer is giving me LOTS of problems, it seems to freeze and I can't get anything to work without bringing up the task manager. Computers, it is a love hate relationship!!!

CONGRATS KRISTINE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate