Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
NJ, KK is still up and going here. In P'cola they tore down the old building, so sad, and put up a bigger and better on. They have lines standing to get in, real pain in the butt. Then they added a drive thru and they block traffic to get in. It is downtown and on a very busy intersection, which makes it a royal pain getting in and out. You are right though they are good when they first come off the line, the ones at the stations are awful!!!!
I find KK to be way too sweet...give me Dunkin anyday over them. We don't have a Dunkin here anymore just bakeries and KK.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning campers, well i got about 5 hour sleep, thats pretty good for me, the dogs waiting until 4:45 to want out..I'll be so happy when they get to use a doggy door again..

Did I tell you all that we are headed to Vegas tomorrow afternoon? Flying out at 2:30 from Portland, meeting up with my son and his soon to be bride later that night...Saturday we have cake tasting with the cake dude, and going to check out a bbq restaurant to see if it might work for rehearsal dnner. Sunday my future dil and I are having hairdo's done..my hair is pretty short so not much they can do with me, but they are going to do up do run throughs with her...then in the afternoon Sunday the CC where the wedding is going to be is having their annual bride and groom extravaganza..food tasting, drinks, all the tables will be set with different colors, floral vendors will be there, photographers, etc...then they fly back to Sac late in the evening. We are going to then drive up to St. George and stay with our friends until Wed evening when we come back here...this is one reason we would like to get this loan done before we leave, if we are away, and they need paperwork, we are sorry out of luck.

Send positive thoughts my way girls that we get the go ahead today..
Positive thoughts sent! Sounds like you have a packed weekend planned.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,378 times
Hi campers! We are getting settled in our new place - life is already so much better! We have plans to see my dad on Saturday (we never got to see him when he was 7 hrs away), and plans to meet a friend at the park on Sunday - we didn't have many friends where we were living before, so this is such a nice change!

I thought of all of you when I heard about the proposed 15,000 tax credit to homebuyers - I really, really think it will push a LOT of people off the fence and into buying a house. An article from the NY Times said a very similar measure was used in 1975, and it reduced the housing inventory by 2/3!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope that the credit combined with the low interest rates right now will mean ALL of you have SOLD signs in your yards very soon. It has definitely made my husband and I re-think how long we want to rent, that's for sure!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
Hi campers! We are getting settled in our new place - life is already so much better! We have plans to see my dad on Saturday (we never got to see him when he was 7 hrs away), and plans to meet a friend at the park on Sunday - we didn't have many friends where we were living before, so this is such a nice change!

I thought of all of you when I heard about the proposed 15,000 tax credit to homebuyers - I really, really think it will push a LOT of people off the fence and into buying a house. An article from the NY Times said a very similar measure was used in 1975, and it reduced the housing inventory by 2/3!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope that the credit combined with the low interest rates right now will mean ALL of you have SOLD signs in your yards very soon. It has definitely made my husband and I re-think how long we want to rent, that's for sure!!!
Geez I must have missed something...I thought you were still trying to sell

Old 02-05-2009, 09:42 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,378 times
No, we sold - we closed back in mid-January!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Wow Chick hooked up online...you are a woman of the new world!
Ok so I got it straight you are moving to the house you just closed on.
Alot of people are meeting on the internet these days. Our is a success story....so far!

Yes we will move to the house we just closed on. I sold a home in 2007 in northern Utah to move to OK. So when we move to Utah we will be sellers again...having to sell the home here in OK>

Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Chickrae...I have to have a ACDF (anterior cervical disectomy and fusion). They go in through the front of the neck, remove the 2 discs in question (C4-6) and then fuse bone (removed from my hip) to the vertebrae to stabilize the neck. This will relieve the pressure that is causing my spinal cord to compress, which is what is causing all my pain. The left nerve root that innervates my left arm is also compressed (pinched nerve root), causing pain as well.
Oh that sounds so horrible. I can't imagine so much pain. I hope that you will be able to do the surgery even though it will be scary. My prayers are with you!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
How cool! I have done the on line stuff before--No luck.
I had to go on at least 60 dates to find my prince...lol. Didn't plan on meeting one all the way in Oklahoma. Couldn't find any decent men in Utah. Most lived with parents, no job, small children...my 5 kids were all raised, so didn't care to raise anymore. I am not a "spring chicken".

Hang in there.......your prince is out there!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM

571 posts, read 1,050,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I honestly don't even know what to do. If they want them replaced, they can suck wind. That would cost around $6000.00 and there is no way I am shelling out that much for them. We may offer $1000.00 towards fixing it, take it or leave it. Truly, I just don't know what else to do. There is NO MORE MONEY so them asking us to replace them would be a slap in the face after they already got $40,000 off the list price of the house. Thankfully, their agent is gone and cannot show it so it is my realtor who has to show it to them and she is really good at setting people straight.

Kristine
Kristine, I hope these people will be reasonable after all you have done... hang in there, perhaps they will back down... and you will be on your way out of there!

I have enjoyed catching up on all of the posts... glad to hear that a couple of you have sold! And I am sending good thoughts to those still waiting.

Our adventure in selling is still a painful memory... it was only in October that we closed on our house in CA, and early November that we bought here in NC. I'm so glad it's over, it was so stressful!

Have a great day!
Anita

Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Yes all hopefully this incentive will move a lot of buyers. We can only hope. Just read where this credit is applicable for purchases from 4/08 to 7/09.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 02-05-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate