Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,873 times

Advertisements

quiet today. home from work. i am completely brain dead. my supervisor wanted me to do paperwork with him 5 minutes before time to leave. i said my brain has been shut off for past hour, it ain't happening.
Painter, good luck on open house tomorrow, i am so excited for you!!
Joy, i like to make to do lists but i tend to do things first, then add that to the list and cross it off! makes me feel like i've accomplished something!!
off to nap before the drill sergeant comes home!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,351,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Good to see and hear from you C'ma Poor Mindy...she must be feeling better. I bet DH is a happy camper after your delicious sounding dinner.

Yep NJ it's the 12 hour shifts that make it seem like Tex is home all the time..that's right she gets 5 days off in one spell. Aww DS doesn't complain that is contrary to most males (JK) That's the thing about the school days they are always getting sick. Poor little one > hope he feels better soon!

Tex did you say you're going with your neighbors from next door to the outer banks? Are y'all renting a beach house or something? What do you do when you're there?

Joy have a great day amiga! Albert will be having fun and games in the house while you are gone seeing how it's Friday!! Arrgg yeah my toe smarts...think I may be wearing sandals when I am out even though it is 49 here right now so the shoe won't rub against it.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!!!!! Hey Lorrie I gave you rep too LoL Have fun at your wedding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks
Hey all!

I have to take my son to the doctors. Keeping him home today. He never complains but can tell his throat is sore...sounds garbly and white spots now ovay.

Dang Annie, poor DS. Let us know what doc says. Tis the season and that's what's bad about school - kids go when they're contaminated and just spread those germs around. Hopefully doc can just give him some antibiotics. Hope the little guy feels better soon.

No word on showings...not after 25 he had to see..I doubt I will hear back. He probably can't even remember which one is ours! I think I will be like Tex and IF there would be an offer I will mention it then LOL>.. Stoy or Tambre did you ever mention that you had a showing and then these were your buyers who put offers in? I think I am hexing myself like Tex so I won't bring it up since nothing ever comes of them LOL...except the crazyiness ....

Well, yeah 25 in one day probably doesn't even remember which state he's in! Shame you're having to wait until November to get rid of that agent. I agree - if you would have known the broad wasn't even computer literate in the 'computer age' I mean, really. Keep up with technology or work someplace where you don't need to know stufff like that.

How about ring and run? JOY? Tambre? Gold? isn't that another one you all played? We did once in a while LOL>>>>>>>>>during Halloween! I should play that with the DOnut man. DOH!

Think Ring and Run is same thing - we just all called it different names and in OK, we didn't call it anything other than just annoying someone and we always picked the meanest person to pull pranks on (like Donut man). Still think either the donut full of or light a flaming bag of dog on his front porch when he's there would get a for sale sign up real quick. "Oh those kids coming over from other neighborhoods - what a world" LOL
Gold and Joy! thanks for thinking of my little Noah! Thank God no strep. They ran a rapid and thankfully negative. I definitely thought it was! She wrote him for an antibiotic if it's not better in 2-5 days...the back of the throat! ugh. She said its viral but if it isnt gone then give it to him. He was so good..and had to wait a full hour to see her for maybe 2-3 minutes! ... She said as long as he is eating and drinking...she wasn't worried.......so hopefully he will ride it out!

Dog**** would be perfect for Donut Man.
OMG, SHEL, I just saw your post about Donut Man spreading the poop and taking the icing off the boston creme donut and putting the **** on it instead LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAme ass calls me for feedback. Ah, they still have a house to sell and just started "looking" *bangs head* They thought it was nice though. Gee, thanks.
OMG. I told her this house wasn't going to sell.........she says to me, oh, the holidays are coming and there are SERIOUS buyers out there during that time.......and by Xmas she told me it would SELL! DOES SHE REALLY THINK I WILL STAY WITH HER AFTER 11/5? LOL. Now that was funny! She must think I will win her over as she tries to tell me to think positively..........I said to her, it's been 501 days !! 501!!She says she has a sixth sense and that it will sell!!!!!!!
LMAO. Now I have really heard it all!

Tex- HOW ARE YOU MY FRIEND?? How is my buddy Watson? OMG! the kids LOVED the Smell of Clean video featuring Watsaboo! LOL>Mia said he's going round and round in circles LMAO. Noah was laughing his little butt off LOL>>>>>>>>they thought he was so precious!

Joy- it's the weekend! Having some cocktails after work?I love your thread too about Panama! Break out the quervo? LMAO @ remembering which state the idiot is in LOL>>>>>>>>>>(Buyer)

Barb- how is that vertigo. Hope you feel better.

Painter- when is the big open house? next weekend???
TAmbre- smooth sailing with contract now?? Sounds better girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHen is closing/

Lacey- windy and dreary here too and it got down to 40's last nite!! ugh! I was freezing! When is the first snowfall there usually???

Old 10-02-2009, 03:14 PM

Nj, remember no dairy for Noah.
well your realtor has a sixth sense, maybe you should reconsider keeping her

Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,132 times
Hi all, been abit busy here today. Just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes! Tomorrow is the day, I am just about ready and ready to collaspe too. Now I am taking bets on if the realtor even shows up.......any takers here? He was suppose to bring out the Ozone machine today and of course I have not heard from him since the beginning of the week. Thought he would at least call and ask if I was still alive and still wanting the open, but............we will see what tomorrow brings.

I am glad the little guy did not have strep, use to suffer from that when I was young, just nasty. My mom use to give me a dill pickle spear to test me for strep. You can not swallow it if you have it, it hurts to dang bad!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Oh its a sight for these old sore eyes to see Sara posting once again..

Feeling better tonight, just layed low all day, DP made me his french toast tonight, he is not a cook, but damn he makes a good french toast!

Shel, Watson is a smart little guy, he is still young and will get the hang of it.
It sure is a sight for sore eyes to see Sara posting again!!! I LOVE french toast...tell Carl to send some my way!! How's the vertigo tonight? I hope you are right abot Watson!! I bought him a KONG toy--filled it with snacks--he isn't interested. Filled it with peanut butter--still no interest!!! I thought these KONGS were supposed to be the best thing for dogs! So he went back to chewing on my leather chair--I resorted to drastic measures--I sprayed Bitter Apple spray on my chair. He hasn't tasted it yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, sorry to hear about your sadness on not moving Yet, i know exactly what you feel, it will happen and when it does Texas will know it!!!!!
Thanks Stoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning from this dreary nasty place. Yes it is cloudy, very still and the rain isn't far off. Sitting here just hoping my ds gets here quick and it holds off for a couple of hours. If we dont get this yard this morning well I am just screwed with it. I have let it go----schedules and lists you know.
I would really hate to be out there at the break of dawn in the a.m..with all the last minute stuff I had planned for Sat.
Praying for sunshine tomorrow for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I have to take my son to the doctors. Keeping him home today. He never complains but can tell his throat is sore...sounds garbly and white spots now ovay.
I think I will be like Tex and IF there would be an offer I will mention it then LOL>.

Gold - how are you?? I believe Tex works 12 hr. shifts 3 days a week...I know you mentioned somewhere about her work schedule? Lucky girl! not like us bahastards who have to work 5 days a week LOL> (obviously when I was working, that is. until I took the sahm mom role for a bit..I will go back I think when we move back to NY.
I hope Noah feels better soon--popsicles help with throat pain!! Hugs from Aunt Shelly!
I swear I jinx myself whenever I mention a showing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Joy thanks for the rep. Willow is great. We have all 4 dogs boarded and are in NH for a wedding. Coming up here was beautiful the leaves are changing.
Elkie our Doxie has a bad cough and after two X rays it still shows nothing. They first gave her antibiotics and then hydro codine. The vet called us yesterday and said they would keep her upstairs until she started to cough after another X ray. A few hours later she started after they ruled out heartworm so she is being given prednisone and another antibiotic. All 4 dogs are in two runs facing each other so NO other dogs can get at them. The girls open the middle door during the day so they can play with each other and at night close it. Amy is with Elkie and willow and billie are together. Forgot to add they think Elkie has bronchitis.
Again thanks for the rep and asking. We also got a check from the breeder for one of the hernias she forgot to mention. $200 for the extra surgery.
Nice to hear the breeder paid you money back for the pre-existing hernias. I have been keeping Amy, Elkie, Billie and Willow in my prayers that they remain safe and free from harm while you are gone! I hope Elkie is soon feeling better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shelly, how's Watson today? Hopefully no more accidents - think that bell thingy would work for him 'cause he's so smart. Dang if I could just use it for Albert but since he's in-door cat, well . . . but no accidents here last night but am going to clean his litter again just to make sure.
I can't find the bell thing in any of the pet stores ....I went to 3 of them and none of them carry it. I guess I might have to order it on line. They make doggie litter....I wonder if I could litter train him???? I am going to research that. Ole Watson boy was charming the pants off everyone in all 3 pet stores!! He had a crowd gathered wherever he went. He was LOVING it! He is pooped....fast asleep at my feet.
Quote:

Yep NJ it's the 12 hour shifts that make it seem like Tex is home all the time..that's right she gets 5 days off in one spell.

Tex did you say you're going with your neighbors from next door to the outer banks? Are y'all renting a beach house or something? What do you do when you're there?
Yep...I work 12 hr shifts 3 nights/week with 4 off!! Sometimes I can log on at work....like last night! That is why it seems like I never work!!!! Hey...someone has to pay for all those pee pads and Natures Miracle (solution for cleaning rugs after Watson decides to pee on them!)

My neighbors rent a 3 story beach house every year in Oct! They have invited me down but I never go, but this year--I'm going! I will try to find the link and post it for y'all to see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey Joy Thanx for asking-he's doing well. And yes it's DARK and gloom for the next week they say-someone here pissed off Mother Nature.
Same here Lace---rain for days on end. Yesterday the sun did show itself, but only briefly.
Quote:
I need to find a way to link my blog here, how do I do that? I have been trying to work on it each day...I love reading blogs..get such great ideas from some talented gals out there.
... just took a pain pill and I am getting sleeeeepy...at least no vertigo today, yay!
Just open up your blog and COPY the whole "http://www........" thing. Then PASTE it here in your post!

YEAH!!! No vertigo today!!!
Quote:
Gold and Joy! thanks for thinking of my little Noah! Thank God no strep. They ran a rapid and thankfully negative. I definitely thought it was! She wrote him for an antibiotic if it's not better in 2-5 days...the back of the throat! ugh. She said its viral but if it isnt gone then give it to him. He was so good..and had to wait a full hour to see her for maybe 2-3 minutes! ... She said as long as he is eating and drinking...she wasn't worried.......so hopefully he will ride it out!

OMG, SHEL, I just saw your post about Donut Man spreading the poop and taking the icing off the boston creme donut and putting the **** on it instead LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex- HOW ARE YOU MY FRIEND?? How is my buddy Watson? OMG! the kids LOVED the Smell of Clean video featuring Watsaboo! LOL>Mia said he's going round and round in circles LMAO. Noah was laughing his little butt off LOL>>>>>>>>they thought he was so precious!
Tell Noah we are so proud of him for being a good little boy at the dr's office! Glad to hear he doesn't have strep.
Poopy donuts!!!!
I am glad Mia and Noah loved the video of Watson. He is a CRAZY puppy!
Quote:
Hi all, been abit busy here today. Just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes! Tomorrow is the day, I am just about ready and ready to collaspe too. Now I am taking bets on if the realtor even shows up.......any takers here? He was suppose to bring out the Ozone machine today and of course I have not heard from him since the beginning of the week. Thought he would at least call and ask if I was still alive and still wanting the open, but............we will see what tomorrow brings.

I am glad the little guy did not have strep, use to suffer from that when I was young, just nasty. My mom use to give me a dill pickle spear to test me for strep. You can not swallow it if you have it, it hurts to dang bad!
Interesting---dill pickle spears---I love hearing about old time remedies that work! We have come a LONG way medicinal wise...but dang--some of those remedies really worked! My grandmother used to have a bottle of whiskey with all these nasty roots /weeds in the bottle. Whenever we had a sore throat, she would make us gargle with that nasty sh*t! It worked--next day--sore throat GONE!! Anyone remember paragoric?!? I was addicted to that stuff. We got it everytime we had a belly ache! I had lots of belly aches when I was young! Now it is off the market--you used to be able to buy it over the counter---it is a NARCOTIC! NO kiddin'!!!

Still praying for sunshine for your open Carol!!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 10-02-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 05:47 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times
Quote:

Joy have a great day amiga! Albert will be having fun and games in the house while you are gone seeing how it's Friday!! Arrgg yeah my toe smarts...think I may be wearing sandals when I am out even though it is 49 here right now so the shoe won't rub against it.

Dear god - can you wear socks with your sandles? My toes are freezing just thinking about that! Best thing is to not wear anything but socks except when you're forced to leave home. Then just throw on some socks with your sandles - hey if some guys can wear shorts, with white knee socks and tennies LOL Albert behaved himself while I was at work or at least cleaned up after his party so all is well. No more accidents - when mama is yelling in English and Spanish, well

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!!!!! Hey Lorrie I gave you rep too LoL Have fun at your wedding!
You too Miss Goldy - I'm going to chill, watch my shows (new episode of In Plain Sight on tonight), drink a few beers and have a burger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey Joy Thanx for asking-he's doing well. And yes it's DARK and gloom for the next week they say-someone here pissed off Mother Nature.
Well that's one girl to not pi$$ off, but dang it gets cold there It was 'cool' (I will not use the big C word LOL) and dreary most of the day. Glad Mr. L. doing good - was kind of worried about him over doing it so happy no adverse effects from lifting.

Quote:
Hey campers, well DP and I are enjoying our cooler fall weather, I honestly didnt think that we would survive the hot summer, it just gets to you day after day after day, and night..the installer is coming this afternoon to install the security screen door, so we can OPEN 'er up and get those evening breezes as of tonight, WOOT!

I need to find a way to link my blog here, how do I do that? I have been trying to work on it each day...I love reading blogs..get such great ideas from some talented gals out there.

Barb, can't you just copy the 'link' to your blog and then 'paste' into a post? I would think that would work. That's great you're getting your security screen door so you can enjoy those wonderful evening breezes! Woo Hoo!

Ok, spent the morning in my office shredding stuff..oh my..trying to sort the the piles of stuff...probably a lost cause but I have this nice office and I would be able to use it more if I could get it cleaned out..I need to set up my scrapbooking corner, and get my files in order too..

Boy does that sound fun - NOT. We have a shredder at the office that my assistant uses (did have to have the talk about removing staples after the first sound of grinding), but I use a Panamanian shredder myself (tear it up by hand LOL). And don't even get me started about needing to get files in order Mine are in order - like both corners of my desk! Hardly any space to work and it's a big desk! I'm so short and it's so big, that with my chair down so my feet are flat on the floor I look like a little girl sitting behind it

But first I need to lay down for a while, was up early, just took a pain pill and I am getting sleeeeepy...at least no vertigo today, yay!
Yea, not vertigo! Shame the pain pills make you sleepy, but better than being in pain. Hope you and Carl have a great friday night and enjoy those night breezes

Quote:
quiet today. home from work. i am completely brain dead. my supervisor wanted me to do paperwork with him 5 minutes before time to leave. i said my brain has been shut off for past hour, it ain't happening.

Don't you just love that? And good for you to tell him it wasn't happening. I hate when I'm just fried and trying to leave the office and someone expects me to like think when brain cells just gone - nope, doesn't happen.

Joy, i like to make to do lists but i tend to do things first, then add that to the list and cross it off! makes me feel like i've accomplished something!!
off to nap before the drill sergeant comes home!!!
Well there ya have it! Used to put lists together for say the store, but then would forget the list at home. Just gave up - now I make them, but that's so my assistant knows what to p/u for me LOL. I use my outlook for my 'tasks' and the bugger pops up and tells me it's time to do something. I've gotten real good at hitting 'snooze' LOL I'll bet you are tired, but happy tired

Quote:

Thank God he didn't have strep. When you first posted I thought it might be, but didn't want to be all negative - just said a few little prayers that something else. Willing to bet the antiobiotics will take care of it and what a good boy he is, waiting for so long. Good boy, Good mommy Sure it is viral - all that stuff going around schools or from that nasty bus driver!

Do it Annie - Just do it LMAO

LAme ass calls me for feedback. Ah, they still have a house to sell and just started "looking" *bangs head* They thought it was nice though. Gee, thanks. Well, at least they didn't have anything negative to say - know it doesn't make up for an offer, but at least they didn't say 'gee we sure would like a pool'

OMG. I told her this house wasn't going to sell.........she says to me, oh, the holidays are coming and there are SERIOUS buyers out there during that time.......and by Xmas she told me it would SELL! DOES SHE REALLY THINK I WILL STAY WITH HER AFTER 11/5? LOL. Now that was funny! She must think I will win her over as she tries to tell me to think positively..........I said to her, it's been 501 days !! 501!!She says she has a sixth sense and that it will sell!!!!!!!
LMAO. Now I have really heard it all!

My god that woman is delusional. Yeah right - on the market since our dear Lord walked the earth, she isn't computer literate, forgets your name sometimes . . . "Yeah, sign me up for another millenia" I'll bet she sees dead people too - pretty sure she was an extra in the movie LMAO

Joy- it's the weekend! Having some cocktails after work?I love your thread too about Panama! Break out the quervo? LMAO @ remembering which state the idiot is in LOL>>>>>>>>>>(Buyer)

Having one now, girlfriend and thanks on thread though must say, credit should go to Amy 'cause she's the one who got me to thinking after giving me a heads up on a post on the world forum. Oh and think he's in Colorado in one of the mountain towns. Got a little CSI and read some of his threads so riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - cost of living there is less than here Uh, don't think so.

Lacey- windy and dreary here too and it got down to 40's last nite!! ugh! I was freezing! When is the first snowfall there usually???
Well I must say I do NOT miss the snow - nope, not at all. Not that I like very, very, very cool rain blowing sideways but at least no snow. Spent too much time in it - I wanna see snow, well I'll look at pictures

Quote:
Nj, remember no dairy for Noah.
well your realtor has a sixth sense, maybe you should reconsider keeping her
Yeah, and like I said she also sees dead people - every frickin' time she looks in the mirror. Really, I know when I watched the movie there was her ugly mug LOL

Quote:

Carol, just do it yourself. You'll do a much better job than those losers. At least you had good enough weather that you could open windows and a bit of Fabreeze would take care of anything else. Then when YOU sell it tomorrow, you can talk to those lame a$$es about a reduction in commission for doing jack

OMG a dill pickle test? I despise pickles; probably would have thrown up. Just try and relax tonight 'cause tomorrow big day and fingers crossed a ton of people come and remember you only need 'one' to put in an offer!

Sara, Lorrie, HDL (yes I will keep pestering you), Amy, Shelly and the rest of the gang, sure you all will be checking in at some point or out having fun (which is a good thing!). Hope everyone is good and I'll be back later - or in a minute. Ya just never know when and where I'll pop up

Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM

I've never heard of the pickle method. i use apple cider vinegar for a sore throat/swollen glands. supposed to mix half and half with water but i can drink it straight. the acid kills the bacteria. (I used to suck on lemons as a kid, too)

Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 PM

LMAO!!! Watson just got a taste of the Bitter Apple spray when he tried to chew on my leather chair!! He is mad at me now--looked at me like "WTF?" Now he will surely not pee/poo on the pad in the room just to spite me!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:41 PM

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,524,251 times
Shelly what is a bell thing. Maybe i can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate