Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times

Advertisements

Ok, that choice is easy. Head east to Tambre's..too hot here and the moving van is unloaded now anyway..now have to go through all the boxes but that is a one box at a time thing...lots of things for craigslist or give away..

Tambre, better to get that stuff done so it's taken care of as they will most likely want it done anyway...hoping that's all it is...again, buyers need to remember they are buying an older home, not a brand new one...

My sisters flight leaves at 9 am tomorrow, need to get some banking done in town and then head back here to start the job of unpacking and sorting....

Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Kristine, can you post a pic of what you thought you ordered and what you got..I am real curious as I am not sure what quilt clips are...
I would but DH left for the weekend and of course, took the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

So we signed the sales agreement (hoping all goes well and the contract comes later). They want a closing date of around or about Oct. 27th, and the inspection is scheduled for Thursday at 10:00am. This feels surreal.

On a side note, we had an outstanding building permit with the town for renovation work we had started over two years ago. So the town building inspector comes out and finds a few things for us to do. Change railings on the deck, put pipe insulation on the copper pipes, etc. So one of the things they called for was insulating the crawl space (28' x 28', about 2 1/2 feet to 3 feet high). But first, the fun part, removing 40 year old insulation covered with styrofoam, with poop on it from some long ago dead animal..squirrel maybe? Actually, lots of squirrels, lol? Too big for mouse poop.

I know you're all wishing you were here to help, lol. Of course, you probably would like to be helping Barb unpack the van in 110 degree heat too, so it would be very hard to decide which way to go.

Hope everyone's having a great day. If we ever do get sold, for real, I'll show you the discouraged e-mail I had sent to our agent right before the offer. If it can happen to us, it can happen to everyone. Hang in there. I'm praying for all of us!
So happy for you. I would help you clean the poop but well, I am pregnant and we are not allowed to do stuff like that. I only can use that excuse for a few more weeks so I am going to use it for everything. LOL

Kristine

Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

LOL JOY--- HERE YA GO., I TRIED POSTING BEFORE BUT COMPUTER ACTING UP...BLOG TOO..

LOOK AT ALL THE AMISH KIDS HANGING OFF THE BUGGY! SURREAL!
These are too cute! I saved both of them for my wall of fame. Thanks for posting! I need to get to Amish country some day. Fasinating culture. So what's up with your computer? Maybe it just needs to be 'sucked' like Lacey's LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Nope, no news as of yet. Now she needs to stay put for at least a few days because DH took Connor up north for 4 days to spend some time at his parents cabin. I hate going up there so, I don't. But I don't want to have this baby when they are gone.

Is this smelly MIL? Was that you? My old brain forgets who had the smelly, no bath MIL.

I love the idea of the poll.

I missed something what poll? Are we gonna have a new one - a fun one - maybe moving furniture in 110 degree weather or squirrel poop? LOL

That was me! The lady who came to sell paintings. She did not just walk into our house though. WTH is wrong with people? Who just walks into someone's house?

Kristine
Well I'll tell ya and it ain't Panamanians. In Bocas I was renting one of our listings that was on the water, beautiful views and right down from my office. The buildings were close together and one night I was working on my computer and of course had sliding glass doors open for the sea breezes and next thing I know I see a guy climbing over from the building next door onto the deck (bldg. next door was owned by a development company and this guy was a friend of the developers). So I'm sitting there, and there he is on the back deck. I said what the are you doing? He said, well I saw it was for sale so I thought I'd take a peek. Told him he was dang lucky my husband (well this was when I thought I was married) wasn't there or he'd be dead - then I asked him if he was raised by wolves to just climb over, at night, to take a peek. If he wanted to see it then come by the dang office as there was clearly a C21 sign hanging. Stupid guy just stood there until I got up and started towards him with my face on, then he hopped real quick back over . Absolute weirdos!

Quote:
Oh I am so irritated this morning. I ordered some "custom" quilt clips from this lady online. All her pictures were adorable and I loved her stuff. So her quilt clips were $40.00 plus shipping for 2 but I thought they were going to be well worth the price.

I got them yesterday and they are SO UGLY. They are basically a piece of wood that she got from the craft store for .59 (she left the price tag on). she painted them pink, then attached a pink painted clothes pin to each one and then attached a cut out dragonfly to the clothes pin. She painted the dragonfly and then glued it to the clothespin. They are not even glued on straight!

I am so mad. I e-mailed her and told her I was really disappointed in the product and thought that I way overpaid for it. She responded back that people always want custom painted items for Walmart prices. A freakin Walkmart quilt clip would be 100% better than what I got.

Should I e-mail her back and ***** her out about it or should I just let it go?

Kristine
Kristine, there's a lot on this thread but Stoy given you good advice and bottom line is she misrepresented what she was selling so call CC company and see what they'll do You used AMEX and I thought they had insurance on their cards for stuff like this. Then send those pieces of crap back to her COD. I've bought a lot of stuff on-line but only like department stores or stuff like that 'cause I hate to shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
kristine, was it purchased in the US? which credit card? and does it look different than what was pictured?

this is what she said:
Yeah, those questions will determine it, basically if it was AMEX, I don’t know, I don’t work for amex, if it was MC, the person likely wont get their money back (MC is very very strict, I urge you not to use them! I don’t!) and Visa, likely can help. If it was outside US, the person MUST return the item back.
And here you have it - I actually think AMEX might work good with you on this.

Quote:

The check we have is a cashier's check from a bank...no not writing any checks against it because for that amount our bank will not release all the funds right away anyway...it better clear because if it doesn't we will both explode..

The a**wipe landlord tried to give our buyer a hard time. Here is is conversation with her, per Carl:

A- how old are you, its a senior park you know
B- I am 61

A-you dont have a dog do you?
B- no

A- you are related to anyone in the park are you (lol)
B- no

haha...a**wipe wanted to make sure she didnt have any relatives around lol.

anyway, carl had the carpets cleaned, which i would have not, but that is him. Yes he is a good guy and you would think after all the sh*t we have gone through over the years, we would learn. but its just our nature I guess...try to see the best in folks until they do us bad anyway..

Ok I am tired, its 110 out and carl and my sis' son are done unloading the moving van..garage is full o stuff, and stuff in the house..oh my.

Joy maybe you should jusst book the cruise and then it will all work out...jusst put a deposit down, share a cabin with sissy and me...just a thought. If we wait until everything is ok to go, we would never go anywhere.. I can book the 3 of us....let me know

Ok going to lay down for a bit. What would I do without all of you? Such wonderfull friends..

PS Halo thanks you for your kudos..He is a handsome little man, lol...
That guy is a real piece of work and I'm being charitable here. Honey I wish I could just say yes I'll put deposit down and all that, but it's too early for me to know if I can get away. Maybe everyone can just pray that things work out early enough for me to be able to get in on the action 'cause I really would like to go. What a blast and God knows I need it.

Quote:
Hi everyone,

So we signed the sales agreement (hoping all goes well and the contract comes later). They want a closing date of around or about Oct. 27th, and the inspection is scheduled for Thursday at 10:00am. This feels surreal.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!

On a side note, we had an outstanding building permit with the town for renovation work we had started over two years ago. So the town building inspector comes out and finds a few things for us to do. Change railings on the deck, put pipe insulation on the copper pipes, etc. So one of the things they called for was insulating the crawl space (28' x 28', about 2 1/2 feet to 3 feet high). But first, the fun part, removing 40 year old insulation covered with styrofoam, with poop on it from some long ago dead animal..squirrel maybe? Actually, lots of squirrels, lol? Too big for mouse poop.

I know you're all wishing you were here to help, lol. Of course, you probably would like to be helping Barb unpack the van in 110 degree heat too, so it would be very hard to decide which way to go.

Squirrel poop - Pff. Sad to say I've cleaned up worse. I'll teleport over there to help you since Barb's already got the truck unloaded. Come on girls, what's a little bit of poop. We all pitch in, well it will be spick and span before you can say poop!

Hope everyone's having a great day. If we ever do get sold, for real, I'll show you the discouraged e-mail I had sent to our agent right before the offer. If it can happen to us, it can happen to everyone. Hang in there. I'm praying for all of us!
IT IS HAPPENING - FOR REAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Tambre decisions, decisions help Barb or you!!!!! Hopefully this will be it.
Lacey I'll meet you at Tambre's house LOL. Come on - a few drinks, some squirrel poop! Sounds like fun to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
hmmm, poop or heat, poop or heat....

Now see, there's 3 of us right now. We could shovel that shat out in no time. Instead of a Tupperware party we could have a Squirrel Poop Shoveling party - even put it in tupperware and send to some of those lame agents out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post

Great about the sales agreement but the poop in the crawl space no thank you. This to shall pass. Ah come on on Lorrie we could have sooooooooo much fun!

Thank you all for loving my Willow. She is 5 mos old and such a good girl. The breeder already crate trains all her new pups and most are already housebroken. Willow is both. It was a real hard choice since she has an umbilical hernia and maybe an inguinal hernia. I had to give that a lot of thought when we saw her and found out. I could have had some younger pups but just that one look and I knew it was going to be her or none.
We went to our vet today and she checked out fine. She will be spayed Tuesday and the hernia's repaired. My mind is at ease now. Our vet said she will be fine.
Poor Amy the pap is out of joint again because of the new pup so I give her extra alone time with only me but the other two dogs are fine with her. They are all just like kids.
I'm so happy she checked out fine and that you picked the one maybe no one else would - your good deed paid off and she's going to be fine. I'm sure Amy will adjust and you're right, just like kids and a new baby, give the other quality time then they love the new kid on the block. I'm really happy for you and Gary.

Well gonna grab some grub - though not nearly as good as what Lacey always posts (girl you've had me starving since this AM) but at least I'm somewhat caught up so when other campers come on and I won't have to go back another zillion pages. See you kids later!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Kristine-use that as much as you can-too bad we can't carry longer than 9 mos-not fair!!! I'd like to use it for 38 yrs.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Roth: Here is some good news for our area!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/flowchar...-recovery.html

Quote:
This once industrial city wriggled out of the Rust Belt years ago, and the economy now revolves around medicine, technology, and higher ed. At 7.7 percent, the unemployment rate is nearly 2 percentage points lower than the national average. Few people got rich in Pittsburgh during the real estate boom, which seemed to pass the city by. But the bust has spared Pittsburgh as well, with home prices remaining more stable than in most other markets. That leaves the Steel City primed for a recovery.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I have a groovy new picture of Halo for you all to see and he is greeting little Willow here:
Attachment 47832

Tex, I would try FSBO, if your buyer is somone your agent brought through, you can either agree to pay commission, or partial commission, or negotiate something, or turn it down....how much longer do you have on your contract?
~
Cute pic of Halo!!!
My contract is over at the end of September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
TEX, if you went FSBO there is always a holdover clause that stipulates that if your agent brought the buyer and normally it says registers in writing any buyers they showed the property to they are entitled to commissions - look at your listing contract to see how many days are in the holdover clause. It was actually put in place to protect brokerages because too many buyers and sellers were meeting after showings and the buyer would like ask the seller 'so when does your listing expire' the seller would tell them, they'd wait it out and cut out the brokerage. I do believe, but different states have different laws, that if you list with another brokerage all bets are off. So if you let the contract expire, then your agent would need to provide you with a list of names of buyers they showed the house to though would only be applicable if a sale occurred during the holdover clause. So if you go this route, then she has to give you a list of people she showed the house to (was the procuring cause) but as lame as she is, well . . . other option is to renegotiate the listing commissions because no offers because she told you 'oh it will sell at this price'. So see when your contract expires and how long the holdover clause is. At this point you've pretty much given up, so if your contract is up soon, let it expire and she can provide you a list with clients she worked with on your house, then wait out the holdover clause (or better yet, get her to agree to reduced commissions FIRST, then let it expire so you could still do a reduction as a FSBO then reduce further after the holdover clause).
Joy, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful free advice. You ROCK! Normally where would the holdover information be in the contract? I have to find that! Normally how long is a holdover clause? So, say the holdover is 6 months, then after that time has expired if someone wants it that my realtor brought through--I wouldn't have to pay her commission? I would only pay the potential buyer's realtor a 3% buyers agent commission, correct?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
It would be so cute to see Watson and Willow together. They would make quite a pair.

Texas, Watson sounds like a character. He also sounds unbelievably good for a puppy. Maybe it's cause he has such a great Mom.

I'm getting so excited. We should run a contest about how much she'll weigh. Dogmom, maybe you could put up another poll, lol. Winner gets to be WTF Club godmother of the year or something.
It would be cute to see Willow and Watson together! He is such a character. He got his rub-a-dub tonight. He is in my arms wrapped in a warm blanket and fast asleep. Thanks Tambre!!
Quote:
On another note, did anyone read about that girl who was abducted by the sex offender (and his wife) and now 18 years later is free and back with her family. OMG, this is at least the second or third case of this sort of thing I've read lately.
Yes, saw that...unbelieveable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Thanks for the concerns, just been busy. All kinds of stuff happening around here, unfortunately nothing good. One of you had posted awhile back about a lady barging into your home trying to sell something, cant remember who but it happened at a friends house here. They were watching t.v. and nappin' when they heard the back door open, turned around and this women was standing behind them! It was around 9:30 p.m., she was holding a bottle of blue stuff and claimed it was a cleaning product she was selling. He pushed her out the door and call the cops but of course she was gone by the time they got there. Then we had a helicopter go down in a field too, still don't know what happened and no one was hurt. Now we have 2 teachers arrested at the high school for having sex with 2 17 yr old boys, that just take it all. Both married and have small children at home. I am afraid our small quiet town has gone down the tubes here.

Nothing on my house, no calls or inquiries here.. feed back from showing a couple of weeks ago said the garage needed to be finished out better and they didn't like the flooring. Wants a garage door, well I have what is considered a carport technically, but to make it a garage you just have to install the door. I had a new ceiling put in and wired it for an opener and they were told that I would give an allowance on flooring but...........not interested. To damn bad and so very sad!
Holy crap...just walking into someone's home--- These buyers want EVERYTHING--I say build a house from scratch if you want it all custom ordered to your liking. You are buying a USED house!!! Fix it the way you want it, but don't expect the sellers to sink a ton of money into it fixing it to your liking!! Unbelieveable.
Quote:
Oh I am so irritated this morning. I ordered some "custom" quilt clips from this lady online. All her pictures were adorable and I loved her stuff. So her quilt clips were $40.00 plus shipping for 2 but I thought they were going to be well worth the price.

I got them yesterday and they are SO UGLY. They are basically a piece of wood that she got from the craft store for .59 (she left the price tag on). she painted them pink, then attached a pink painted clothes pin to each one and then attached a cut out dragonfly to the clothes pin. She painted the dragonfly and then glued it to the clothespin. They are not even glued on straight!

I am so mad. I e-mailed her and told her I was really disappointed in the product and thought that I way overpaid for it. She responded back that people always want custom painted items for Walmart prices. A freakin Walkmart quilt clip would be 100% better than what I got.

Should I e-mail her back and ***** her out about it or should I just let it go?

Kristine
I think you should fight to get your money back!
Quote:
I'll keep the Let Go and Let Cruise in my mind and really wish it would work out 'cause I do need a vacation. My people do a lot of work and are very good especially my personal assistant - there's just so much down here that 'should' be a piece of cake, and then someone, usually an attorney, turns it into a CF so then I have to go into enforcer mode. I can do a lot of my work via cell, email, internet, but some things require face time or rather 'in your face time' LOL

Tex so how's our boy this morning? Bet being a good boy for his good mama So how are the Steeler's doing in pre-season? Been so caught up with unnecessary BS I haven't checked the stats.
Maybe you can instruct your assistant that all legal things must be placed on hold until you return from the cruise and no decisions are made until you return, and they are only to run normal operations--but ALL decisions wait for your return home. It would be so great if you could cruise with us!

My boy is doing good! Although--2 pee accidents today--caught him in the middle of one and took him outside immediately, where he finished peeing.

I don't pay any attention to the pre-season because they don't count, as you know. Our first game of the season is on Sept 10th (Thur night )...that is going to be a tough game.

Oh Joy, you have to check out this thread---BOSCO55 is really hammering that roc dude!!! I love it! I repped him. You should post that pic you have of "8 wins, 8 loses and 8 arrests!!! It would fit perfectly!!!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/footb...ls-chat-6.html
Quote:
Just popped in to post this 'cause was too funny to wait until tonight - or at least with my warped sense of humor think it's funny
HILARIOUS!!!
Quote:
The a**wipe landlord tried to give our buyer a hard time. Here is is conversation with her, per Carl:

A- how old are you, its a senior park you know
B- I am 61

A-you dont have a dog do you?
B- no

A- you are related to anyone in the park are you (lol)
B- no

haha...a**wipe wanted to make sure she didnt have any relatives around lol.

Joy maybe you should jusst book the cruise and then it will all work out...jusst put a deposit down, share a cabin with sissy and me...just a thought. If we wait until everything is ok to go, we would never go anywhere.. I can book the 3 of us....let me know.
What an a**wipe! Still trying to give you and Carl a hard time even while you are selling!
Joy...please say yes!! What fun this cruise will be. I wish I could talk more of you into going.
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Great news Tambre! I think I will pass on the squirrel poop! I have enough puppy poop to clean up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thank you all for loving my Willow. She is 5 mos old and such a good girl. The breeder already crate trains all her new pups and most are already housebroken. Willow is both. It was a real hard choice since she has an umbilical hernia and maybe an inguinal hernia. I had to give that a lot of thought when we saw her and found out. I could have had some younger pups but just that one look and I knew it was going to be her or none.
We went to our vet today and she checked out fine. She will be spayed Tuesday and the hernia's repaired. My mind is at ease now. Our vet said she will be fine.
Poor Amy the pap is out of joint again because of the new pup so I give her extra alone time with only me but the other two dogs are fine with her. They are all just like kids.
Glad everything checked out with Willow!! She is so adorable. What a cute little face. What a bonus that the breeder house broke her! I wish my breeder would have done that!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 08-28-2009 at 08:53 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
again, buyers need to remember they are buying an older home, not a brand new one...

My sisters flight leaves at 9 am tomorrow, need to get some banking done in town and then head back here to start the job of unpacking and sorting....
Exactly Barb--they are NOT buying a brand new home!! Too bad Cindy cant stay and help you sort through the mountain of boxes!!
Quote:
These are too cute! I saved both of them for my wall of fame. Thanks for posting! I need to get to Amish country some day. Fasinating culture.

Well I'll tell ya and it ain't Panamanians. In Bocas I was renting one of our listings that was on the water, beautiful views and right down from my office. The buildings were close together and one night I was working on my computer and of course had sliding glass doors open for the sea breezes and next thing I know I see a guy climbing over from the building next door onto the deck (bldg. next door was owned by a development company and this guy was a friend of the developers). So I'm sitting there, and there he is on the back deck. I said what the are you doing? He said, well I saw it was for sale so I thought I'd take a peek. Told him he was dang lucky my husband (well this was when I thought I was married) wasn't there or he'd be dead - then I asked him if he was raised by wolves to just climb over, at night, to take a peek. If he wanted to see it then come by the dang office as there was clearly a C21 sign hanging. Stupid guy just stood there until I got up and started towards him with my face on, then he hopped real quick back over . Absolute weirdos!

Honey I wish I could just say yes I'll put deposit down and all that, but it's too early for me to know if I can get away. Maybe everyone can just pray that things work out early enough for me to be able to get in on the action 'cause I really would like to go. What a blast and God knows I need it.
I agree--I find the Amish culture fascinating! Holy crap--can't believe someone just hopped over on to your deck like that. That takes nerves! Didn't he see lights on and realize someone was at home!?!? What balls!!

Well I hope you can figure out a way to go on the cruise! Just think how much fun it will be!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:31 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, maybe in yours area since you are closer to Pgh., but no one wants to move to Kittanning Of course this finally states what we have been telling buyer's all along........WE DIDN'T HAVE THE GIANT RUN-UP, SO WE CAN'T SLASH PRICES!!!! And I'm really annoyed that our agents haven't gotten the new pix up yet!

Sophie slept on my lap again tonight after I lifted her up and held and scratched her for awhile. Unfortunately, we have been having a "cattitude" day today plus sleeping most of the day either under the loveseat or in her hidey-hole in the laundry room, and now under the bed. Probably catching up from all the excitement the past 2 days.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Default Bragging rights

Just heard from dd that #2 grandsons team have won all the play off games in Utah and will play in the Babe Ruth world series. We just don't know what team they will play their game is still going on. So I quess missing his first week of HS was worth it. The HS was very supported of him missing a whole week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate