Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:20 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times

Advertisements

Morning Tambre-yes I did any they were so good.

I sauteed onion and garlic, added a little rice, water-cooked and cooled it.
Put some Panko bread crumbs in a bowl with a little milk for a few minutes, grated lots of fresh parm, salt/pepper, lean ground beef, cooled rice mix and stuffed pepper halves. Layer of good marinara in casserole, peppers, topped with more sauce and grated cheese. Covered and cooked at 300 for 2 hrs.

One pepper was enough as these were HUGE.

Mr. L-sofar so good-I am afraid to pack or plan yet-don't want to jinx us.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 AM

311 posts, read 916,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
....I have a groovy new picture of Halo for you all to see and he is greeting little Willow here:
Attachment 47832
~
OMG...ROFLOL that is a great picture of Halo Barb! Takes me back to the Woodstock days

TGIF..tomorrow I am going to a garage sale to try to find a twin bed for my spare bedroom. My friend Phil is visiting next week for 3 days from Australia and right now, he has no bed to sleep on!

Just got to get through closing and my squeeze-o-gram at the hospital today. Have a great Friday, I am going to dodge the rain drops!

Jody

Old 08-28-2009, 06:54 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Lorrie, what a cutie!!
Joy, are you the type of person (like me) where you are the only one that does things 100% right? without you, no one works and nothing gets done? you need to have your hand in everything??
If so, maybe you need to Let Go, Let Cruise.
(i hope you're not offended by my judgements )

Tambre, all my trainings are done, kids (and me) start Monday.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 AM

486 posts, read 984,353 times
Hey Ladies and TGIF to ya'll. Tambre & Barb: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Sounds like we're all on a roll now! AWESOME!!!
My deal is moving along. Still waiting on the sellers on what do to about the roof situation & waiting for their attorney to send the contract to mine so I can sign it.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Hey Ladies and TGIF to ya'll. Tambre & Barb: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Sounds like we're all on a roll now! AWESOME!!!
My deal is moving along. Still waiting on the sellers on what do to about the roof situation & waiting for their attorney to send the contract to mine so I can sign it.
Thanks gf, Good luck to you too.

On another note, did anyone read about that girl who was abducted by the sex offender (and his wife) and now 18 years later is free and back with her family. OMG, this is at least the second or third case of this sort of thing I've read lately.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning all, Thanks for the concerns, just been busy. All kinds of stuff happening around here, unfortunately nothing good. One of you had posted awhile back about a lady barging into your home trying to sell something, cant remember who but it happened at a friends house here. They were watching t.v. and nappin' when they heard the back door open, turned around and this women was standing behind them! It was around 9:30 p.m., she was holding a bottle of blue stuff and claimed it was a cleaning product she was selling. He pushed her out the door and call the cops but of course she was gone by the time they got there. Then we had a helicopter go down in a field too, still don't know what happened and no one was hurt. Now we have 2 teachers arrested at the high school for having sex with 2 17 yr old boys, that just take it all. Both married and have small children at home. I am afraid our small quiet town has gone down the tubes here.

Lorrie, That little girl is just to dang cute! I know you are excited with her and will smother her with love.

Tambre, Tell us as soon as the ink is put to the paper!

Nothing on my house, no calls or inquiries here.. feed back from showing a couple of weeks ago said the garage needed to be finished out better and they didn't like the flooring. Wants a garage door, well I have what is considered a carport technically, but to make it a garage you just have to install the door. I had a new ceiling put in and wired it for an opener and they were told that I would give an allowance on flooring but...........not interested. To damn bad and so very sad!

Hope all is well every where else in the country, but it sucks to be here, lol...........get me out of here!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Painter-so much despair in your post-so sorry and wow your little town is hopping.

Hang in there.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:17 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Tambre-yes I did any they were so good.

I sauteed onion and garlic, added a little rice, water-cooked and cooled it.
Put some Panko bread crumbs in a bowl with a little milk for a few minutes, grated lots of fresh parm, salt/pepper, lean ground beef, cooled rice mix and stuffed pepper halves. Layer of good marinara in casserole, peppers, topped with more sauce and grated cheese. Covered and cooked at 300 for 2 hrs.

One pepper was enough as these were HUGE.

Mr. L-sofar so good-I am afraid to pack or plan yet-don't want to jinx us.
That sounds delicious!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:27 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So, we were supposed to be signing a contract today, but no word from my realtor. We haven't heard a peep about it since we accepted their offer yesterday. It's not like my realtor not to communicate, so she must not have any definite information yet. I just e-mailed her to find out.

Joy, I loved he video...can relate to that.
Any news yet? How rude to keep you waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Just got home from Alabama and here is Willows debut on CD.Attachment 47831

She was so good on the 6 hour drive home. Amazed me. She is the cavilier king charles that I have wanted forever. Loved my Poms though and paps, schnauzer and doxie's. Luv all dogs. Coco is still with me and in my heart and will be forever as the best dog. Lucy my pom that i got in the late 80's is right up there with my CoCo.
SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Well, that does it. I don't think I'll give her any more canned food. She eats the dry stuff OK, but I really have to watch her because she still hasn't realized that there are no other cats here to eat it up and it's all her's. Of course I bought 12 cans and the woman brought me over about 10. And it's not worth the money in time and gas to return the 11 cans I bought back to Target. The rescue woman came over today because her parents are interested in moving to this community (they were rather late, so I thought they weren't coming). Anyway, when she left she was in tears because of how well Sophie is doing. She never got her to purr and I did in just 1 day. Plus she is playing and walking on the edge of things, which she couldn't do very well before.

If anyone is interested, here is Sophie's blog from the Animal Adoption League: Sophie's Story: Declawing Gone Wrong (http://sadsophie.blogspot.com/ - broken link) Be aware, it is pretty anti-declawing, but at least you can read her story and see more pix. I didn't realize that she had been adopted out already last month and returned. Terry (cat rescue lady) wants to hopefully add the final chapter with me.

And oh..........I gathered her up earlier and put her on the loveseat with me. She napped a little bit, but then woke up and crawled into my lap and fell asleep again for about 2 hours!!! So much fun to try and type with a cat sprawled across your lap, arms and hands. Terry will probably call again tomorrow and I can't wait to tell her that!! But she must have been having a nightmare because she started to twitch around and all of a sudden she jerked awake and immediately wanted down, even hissing at me. After getting down she got more awake and came back and rubbed against me, so we're OK.

Lorrie..........Just saw your post. Willow is adorable! My DH just loves CKC spaniels but they so rarely end up in rescues and that's what I really wanted to do.
Canned food is not good for their teeth either. It makes the tarter build up.

It sounds like she is loving her new home and her new mommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post

Hammy, any news? Another day closer! I'm getting so excited. We should run a contest about how much she'll weigh. Dogmom, maybe you could put up another poll, lol. Winner gets to be WTF Club godmother of the year or something.
Nope, no news as of yet. Now she needs to stay put for at least a few days because DH took Connor up north for 4 days to spend some time at his parents cabin. I hate going up there so, I don't. But I don't want to have this baby when they are gone.

I love the idea of the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Thanks for the concerns, just been busy. All kinds of stuff happening around here, unfortunately nothing good. One of you had posted awhile back about a lady barging into your home trying to sell something, cant remember who but it happened at a friends house here. They were watching t.v. and nappin' when they heard the back door open, turned around and this women was standing behind them! It was around 9:30 p.m., she was holding a bottle of blue stuff and claimed it was a cleaning product she was selling. He pushed her out the door and call the cops but of course she was gone by the time they got there. Then we had a helicopter go down in a field too, still don't know what happened and no one was hurt. Now we have 2 teachers arrested at the high school for having sex with 2 17 yr old boys, that just take it all. Both married and have small children at home. I am afraid our small quiet town has gone down the tubes here.
That was me! The lady who came to sell paintings. She did not just walk into our house though. WTH is wrong with people? Who just walks into someone's house?

Kristine

Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Oh I am so irritated this morning. I ordered some "custom" quilt clips from this lady online. All her pictures were adorable and I loved her stuff. So her quilt clips were $40.00 plus shipping for 2 but I thought they were going to be well worth the price.

I got them yesterday and they are SO UGLY. They are basically a piece of wood that she got from the craft store for .59 (she left the price tag on). she painted them pink, then attached a pink painted clothes pin to each one and then attached a cut out dragonfly to the clothes pin. She painted the dragonfly and then glued it to the clothespin. They are not even glued on straight!

I am so mad. I e-mailed her and told her I was really disappointed in the product and thought that I way overpaid for it. She responded back that people always want custom painted items for Walmart prices. A freakin Walkmart quilt clip would be 100% better than what I got.

Should I e-mail her back and ***** her out about it or should I just let it go?

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate