Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
DH just left Dr's, he's fine, no broken bones, no head trauma, no infection. but did get antibiotic in case hand swelling doesnt go down, or turns color.
Great news Stoy---don't you feel some sort of relief after having a dr confirm everything is A-OK?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Anyway if gut feeling and cooincidents have any meaning I should be seeing something a happenin'.
Let me tell you this and then you tell me if I am just nuts or what! Yesterday I had to put down my phone number and I wrote out a TN area code, the person asked me where I lived. Then I went to eat with neighbor and the Lady Titans, softball team from the area I want to move to walked in. I said to the friend Have you heard how the Titans are doing? He laughed and said who the heck are the Titans, I said the girls ball team, you know! Then I realized they were here and I was just loupy for a minute not realizing they were out of place here. Okay then last nite I dreamt about tn, then today my ex called me on the way to the lake not far from where I am wanting to go. WELL????
Sounds like good omens to me!!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Dog- meant to say it sounds like you all had a nice visit with the Kids.

Tex- did you wind the battle of wall paper??

Stoy- glad hubby checked out- better safe than...........

Joy- hubby asked me last night if I was ready to move some place like Panama-just to get away for it all..... I said yes, if he could find a job

Old 07-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Tex- did you wind the battle of wall paper??
I won the battle of the wall paper ...now I am fighting the battle with the drywall. Did you see where I posted that some a$$hole wall papered over large holes in the dry wall, then hung a mirror over it so it wasn't detected? Nice, huh? I have someone coming to repair the drywall on Thurs night.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
ooh, Tex, wish i could help you. for some strange reason i love fixing drywall, it's like doing art. Yes, i told my DH piece of mind. guess he had to decide to go on his own, which is why i didnt push it after the first couple of hrs.
Painter, it's a sign.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Stoy- LOL for some reason I like drywall repair to, 'specially when I win!! lol
OHH Zinnsser makes a great sealer/primer called Guardz, great stuff

Tex- You coulda hung a mirror over it too!!!!!!!

YAY more Craigslist stuff gone...I may have to go buy more to sell!!!!!! LOL

Old 07-21-2009, 05:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Quote:
Bright note- spoke to our realtor from last year. She said under 200k to 125K-ish homes are selling a whole lot better now. Last year the 200k up, especially 300-400k were really selling. She thinks it is due to several factors- people not qualifying as high as they used to with the lending rules changing, the need for higher downpayments and folks don't enough for the higher price homes, and people are actually getting a little more frugal and not willing to spend more for bells and whistles on teh more costly homes. She also said they were seeing more people wanting to qualify safely on one income instead of both. Well that news is certainly encouraging, for us, in this local market.
Told her I had done some repainting, she said why, I liked it! LOL
Sara, that IS good news..cool.. I heard last night on some program that the BIG expensive mcmansions are fading out..folks dont want that much space in a house, folks are downsizing....we did so I totally understand, and pretty much why we did are all the reasons you just quoted..

Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
one Xmas when dd was 4 we were at my parents and santa had gotten her a cassett recorder. She had it on all day long and i did save the tape. I hear her sweet little voice when she had a NY accent which is long gone from living in Ca for so many years. I also hear my mom and my dad and my Nana. I love hearing my grandmother's swedish accent brings back so many memories of her and all my loved ones.
That's such a sweet story, Lorrie - and how wonderful you can listen to their voices anytime you want. Ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, slept decent last night, or did i say that already...i think i did. i need to get to home depot or lowes and get some shelving to put in the 'office' I went in that room to try to put things away, no place to pu them away..I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff, need shelves..tomorrow..i have a 10% off coupon for Lowes, will print it out and go.. Yeah! Decent night sleep and coupons - oooh discounts!

Carl next door babysitting! The couple next door are in their late 20's to early 30's 3 kids, no family around. She has a heart condition and had a dr. appt, hubby has to work at noon so she asked if Carl or I could come over and watch the two little ones for an hour or so until she gets back..so we flipped a coin, carl went. No actually he is sooo good with little ones...and I get the house to myself for an hour or so..win win..nice to have a neighbor who likes us, lol. OMG heart condition at such a young age? That's just horrible, poor thing. Bet Carl had fun, being a kid at heart himself, and you got time to yourself. Yeah!

Never heard another word from A#1. Expecting a letter from his attorney any day with all the complaint letters from our lovely neighbors up there. Whatever.

I have a phone consult with a Social Securty attorney in Olympia on July 30th to go over my appeal for my social security disbility. Maybe I can get this done...I was glad they didn't need me to come up there right now, I am not up to that kind of travel.

Ok back to the paper nightmare...later campers...
Still can't believe they're giving you crap on SS disability - if anyone should qualify it's you. Unbelievable what you have to go through just to get what you DESERVE!

Quote:
Lorrie, my dad has an old reel to reel tape from when I was little and has my grandma on it...geesh I need to find that and see if I can get it converted to something else.... lots of memories there
Cma, yes you can. My mom did same thing and had them put on Video tape but this was many years ago so maybe they can now be put on DVD???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
DH just left Dr's, he's fine, no broken bones, no head trauma, no infection. but did get antibiotic in case hand swelling doesnt go down, or turns color.
it's been a few days since our price drop, no calls...yet
Well, glad the Doc gave him the whole clear and what's up with 'enjoying drywall work' 'cause doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
New gal coming to look tomorrow at 1, she has 35 yrs in RE and judging from the phone contact she knows her sheetttss. So excited, hope she doesn't disappoints ya know. Her husband use to specialize in land and farms, for 25 yrs, so she said she worked with him too and doesnt mind walkin' thru "muck", lol. Guess you figured out she is an older gal, no more in experience for me, lol..... Hon, anyone who will wade through muck will be 'excited' about a property as nice as yours! Good also her husband used to specialize in lands/farms.

Anyway if gut feeling and cooincidents have any meaning I should be seeing something a happenin'.
Let me tell you this and then you tell me if I am just nuts or what! Yesterday I had to put down my phone number and I wrote out a TN area code, the person asked me where I lived. Then I went to eat with neighbor and the Lady Titans, softball team from the area I want to move to walked in. I said to the friend Have you heard how the Titans are doing? He laughed and said who the heck are the Titans, I said the girls ball team, you know! Then I realized they were here and I was just loupy for a minute not realizing they were out of place here. Okay then last nite I dreamt about tn, then today my ex called me on the way to the lake not far from where I am wanting to go. WELL????
Sounds like a sign to me

Quote:

Joy- hubby asked me last night if I was ready to move some place like Panama-just to get away for it all..... I said yes, if he could find a job
Job, no - own a business YES - if my sister wouldn't have been, well my sister, her DH who does (speaking of drywall) that and the best texturing work you've ever seen would have moved down like they originally were going to, until my sis well was my sis, the guy would have made a lot of money - now their area tanked, BIL not having all the big contracts he used to and now they're not doing good financially. Wish she wouldn't have put the brakes on 5 years ago or they wouldn't be in the situation they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I won the battle of the wall paper ...now I am fighting the battle with the drywall. Did you see where I posted that some a$$hole wall papered over large holes in the dry wall, then hung a mirror over it so it wasn't detected? Nice, huh? I have someone coming to repair the drywall on Thurs night.
What a pri#k! But hey there's Stoy and her drywall fetish LOL so there ya have it! seriously though that's pretty dang low covering up holes in the drywall with wallpaper.

Everything pretty much same ole same ole on my front. Finishing up on some work and watching my shows. The girl's tired!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Default The spoiled under-30 crowd

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning Uphill... barefoot... BOTH ways

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in he$$ I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy. I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a dogone Utopia!And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, We had to go to the library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!

There was no email. We had to actually write somebody a letter, with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there. Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass. No where was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself. Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and ruin it all!

There were no CD players. We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone.

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting. If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either. When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was. It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your Bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know! You had to pick
it up and take your chances.

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics. We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square. You actually had to use your imagination. And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever.

And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died. Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on. You were screwed when it came to channel surfing. You had to get off your a$$ and walk over to the TV to change the channel.

There was no Cartoon Network either. You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little carpet monkeys!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The over 30 Crowd

(Though Love Enjoying What the Kids Today Have LOL)

Old 07-21-2009, 07:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate