Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Hi there, I am not sure but I just finished watching More to Love...have you seen that. Finally I picked the winner of one of those shows.
I am pretty hooked on another season on So you think you can dance right now. I swore I would never watch another bachelor show, but I am sure I will.
However, I will not watch American Idol again

CHick!! I started the MOre to LOVE thread LOL>>>>yes! Did you see who he picked!!!!!!!! yep, I liked her!! not the other one. THe Mom didn't like the blond girl either loll

I do not watch the dance show...... We will both watch Bachelor again lol You wait!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:00 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You are going to sell soon...I just feel it in my bones! Watson is doing well. I went to the vet today to discuss the "snipping">.....$300.00 for a neuter of a 4 lb puppy!! That doesn't include pre-blood work. If I want that done, it's an extra $75.00. Don't y'all think that is a bit much. I can have it done at a neuter clinic for $60.00. Lorrie could you weigh in on this for me?

I love this.

What about a baby onesie?

I am going to do the happy dance with you! Yeah Albert!!!

Not sure if this was meant for Joy or for me, but in case it was for me---THANKS LORRIE!!!!

Tell your brother to get that card in the mail pronto!! That is such a cool idea!

LACE: Glad to hear you are enjoying your family and cooking up a storm! How is Mr. L and his health doing with the vacation?

BARB: Imagine my surprise to open up my mailbox and find a birthday card delivered all the way from California!!! THANKS GIRL!!! Hope you are enjoying the cruise and the umbrella drinks!!
Tex!!!!!!!!!! I think it's a bit high...but we had 2 boys....*2 labs at diff. times*............No pre blood work either!

I don't think it';s going to be me next....You will carry the torch!! I bet
We just lowered and not 1 phone call today! I swear I can list this at 199k and we would still have someone wanting closing costs paid for LOL>>>I hate it. I hate this town and I hate that I talk to my hub on the phone more than I see him LOL>>>>>>>>>ugh,

Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Doesn;t it suck Painter? LOL Ok. We can have 3 Presidents (tex too since she has my attitude lolabout our damn houses....

Texaroni---
Hey GIRL!!! Me, you, Painter and Roth are going to be the last one's standing! At least I'm in good company! I have to laugh about it because if I don't, I'll cry!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly we paid a total of $450 and that included the two hernias plus pain meds and spaying. If it wasn't for the 2nd hernia it would have been $200. So I think for them to charge you that much is a bit to high. Boys seem to be less then Girls and Willow being a girl looks like they arre overcharging you for a snip job.

I was wishing you a happy birthday was it Joys also?
Joy's was not too long ago!

Yea....I thought it was way too much. I don't mind paying 150-200, but 400?!?!? Good Lord.
Quote:
I am moving back to Utah (St George) I am from Salt Lake but my dh wouldn't go move to where there is alot of snow, so the closest I could get to my kids without a big snowy winter was St. George.

Good to see you Texas.
That's right---now I remember!! Good to see you too Chick!
Quote:
Tex!!!!!!!!!! I think it's a bit high...but we had 2 boys....*2 labs at diff. times*............No pre blood work either!

We just lowered and not 1 phone call today! I swear I can list this at 199k and we would still have someone wanting closing costs paid for LOL>>>I hate it. I hate this town and I hate that I talk to my hub on the phone more than I see him LOL>>>>>>>>>ugh,
Yep...too much money for a snip job!! Going to check elsewhere!

I really do not think it will be me. Oh well....another damn winter here.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:08 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Tex............Sounds way too much to me for a neuter! I'm sure there are places around cheaper but still professional.

I think those people who can are really upping their fees now. DH and I talked to a CPA down here last week because of our rather complicated situation.....we are both now residents of SC, but he is working in PA and was also paying Armstrong Co. as a resident. Anyway, at the end the guy tells us that to do our taxes for this year would cost $325.........You have GOT to be kidding!! I'll muddle through them before I pay that much!!

It's nice to be in great company, but no offense I would love to NOT be a member of the WTF club!! But I have really given up hope. I was on the PA board and someone was asking about Armstrong Co. and I tried to talk it up hoping that maybe someone wanting to move to the area will see it. It's not a bad area, I just want to be done with it and have my DH, no matter how big PITA he is some times, down here with me. Of course that means him actually finding a job first. So we have 2 battles to fight to get to the end of it.

Oh here's one for you, besides having the hassle of getting the new pix on the C21 site, I discovered that the house didn't even show up as being for sale on Zillow!! Agents claimed they put everything on Postlets and that takes care of all the other sites. Well......not so much, it appears. So I had to reactivate it (I had originally set it up when we had the internet incompetent agent) and re-do all the photos. So who knows where else it hasn't showed up! Although it is on realtor.com and they have been putting it on Craigslist.

Oh.......Gotta go! Bones premiere tonight!!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:17 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hi all, "Good to see ya Chickrae!
Okay, I watch the first and the last episode of More to Love, nothing in between. The first show ticked me off, sorry. On the other the gals come in drinking wine/champagne and acting lady like and then More to Love comes in showing them being handed meat sticks and other drinks and jumping in pools with their clothes on like they don't have any class. Thought they were trying to stereotype and it ticked me off. Now for dancing, nope, not into it. Watched the other one afew times Amer. got talent, liked the outcome and the 3 Tex. boys were really cutie pies!

Tex, YOU need to shop around for the snip job, that is insane!

To many dang boxes to cover, lol, it would be a conference table to sit 10!

Okay all off to relax, take it easy!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Dang, girls had to go back 3 pages - with Albert and all didn't really get caught up. Boy are we talkers or what and they still haven't closed the camp - I personally think it's because we're just so dang popular and such interesting people Tons of 'peeps'

Quote:

It'll sell Annie - just takes that one buyer and losing that lame agent. I'm hoping in the chopper now! Just have food and cerveza ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Shelly we paid a total of $450 and that included the two hernias plus pain meds and spaying. If it wasn't for the 2nd hernia it would have been $200. So I think for them to charge you that much is a bit to high. Boys seem to be less then Girls and Willow being a girl looks like they arre overcharging you for a snip job.

I was wishing you a happy birthday was it Joys also?
Yeah, sounds high to me too even for US prices - and you're right it's always more there for females than boys. Speaking of girls, how's Willow feeling today? Oh - and it was ShellBell's birthday; mine was the 5th. We are both 12 now LOL

Quote:
Just stopped by camp to say hi. I will never catch up with all of your posts. Maybe I will have to wait for another new camp lol. I think I am quitting facebook....way to much time spent on there.

11 months and counting till we move. I hope no ice storms or tornadoes his in Oklahoma this year before we move.....

Just got back from a trip to Utah to check on the house. All is well. Renters moved out on Sept 1 and new ones moved in on Sept 4....so luckily someone is there to make our payment.

Hope you and your are well. I will check back in later
Hey Chick, what part of OK are you in? I was raised outside of OKC in Piedmont. And yeah, the dang ice storms and tornados I do NOT miss! We have the occasional tremor, but I always sleep through them but no tornados, ice storms or hurricanes. At least you'll be moving soon! Yeah, I had/have a Facebook page but literally don't have time to do CD and Facebook so I had to choose - needless to say here I am but still need to drop in and tell people, again, sorry I've been MIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You are going to sell soon...I just feel it in my bones! Watson is doing well. I went to the vet today to discuss the "snipping">.....$300.00 for a neuter of a 4 lb puppy!! That doesn't include pre-blood work. If I want that done, it's an extra $75.00. Don't y'all think that is a bit much. I can have it done at a neuter clinic for $60.00. Lorrie could you weigh in on this for me?

Tex, take him to the neuter clinic - they do just as good of job. I know you don't want to know this - but do you know what you can get a dog spayed/neutered for in Boquete? $10 - cats $5. We have a group of expats who bring in a vet who works in conjunction with our vet in Boquete to make it affordable for people; they just work from morning to night - Now Albert was neutered in Bocas and it was a free spay and neuter clinic (way too many stray animals). A lot of Expat charity groups down here who pitch in to provide the clinics. I made a 'donation' but it could have been free but ya can't own a real estate office and then NOT give a donation, ya know? So yeah, I think that's real high to neuter Watson. Take him to the clinic.

I am going to do the happy dance with you! Yeah Albert!!!

Ah, thanks! I'll post his 'update' at the end, but he's way good today. Thank God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ah the joys of family-you an pick your friends all but we're not that lucky with family.

Hammy our Mom's are related.
Add me to that list and I had '2' losers. Oh, well at least we ended up being a better moms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Here's one for annoying family members- my parents' 40th anniversary is Monday. My sis and I decided 2 months ago to send a card around to all my siblings for my parents. We live all over the country. Didnt think it would work, but as of last week, it was sent to my oldest brother, the last one before me. This was a week ago. I was planning on giving them the card, along with gift certificates to 3 fancy restaurants tomorrow. I still havent received it. My brother lives 2 hrs away, i shouldve gotten it in 1 or 2 days after he mailed it. I am so mad he is messing up this plan that is so close to working. I know my parents would love to see that all 6 of us, in 4 different states, signed one card.
That just frickin' sucks! How dang hard is it to sign 'love you - happy anniversary, X'. I mean really. Wanna borrow my machete to smack the crap out of him

And don't be anxious on the house, as you only countered a little bit more and are agreeable to moving like tomorrow if need be. Since they are motivated for a quick closing, well . . . just make sure your agent knows it can be sooner if need be. I literally went from offer to closing in 7 days - even the other agents I worked with asked me how the he$$ i managed that; said it's called no frickin' sleep and racing around like a mad woman, but similar thing where both people needed quick closing, so quick is what they got! Then I took a very long weekend with a lot of well deserved cerveza

Thanks for the good wishes on my baby! I'll give you all an update and it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

I am glad that you still are calling the vet. It kind of sounds like maybe he had a little infection or something. When animals lick at those parts over and over, there is a reason. Hope he is back to normal really soon!

Thanks Kristine - I'll finish my 'novel' on Albert at the end but he's doing great.

OK so what is with mothers and their sons? Seriously, I am going to have to remind myself of this when my little girl is born and all through her life. I DO NOT want to be like my mother and take DS's side in everything. It just really hurts that she refuses to even see my side of things. And besides that, I just find her to be a very vile person when she is mad at you. She is the type of person that will turn on you in a hearbeat and say horrible things to you. Then act like she never said them. Like I said, I am over it. I did e-mail her today but only to tell her about DH's grandma in case she wanted to send a card to his parents.

Kristine
Kristine, you WON'T be like your mom 'cause you're not LIKE your mom. Guess the only 'upside' to having crappy moms is it makes us better moms ourselves 'cause we never, ever want to treat our kids like ours did us. Glad you let her know about DH grandma and did it via email - that way no BS to listen to. So how is our little 'niece' doing? Aren't you about ready? Well I know YOU'RE ready LOL but what do the docs say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Joy,

That's great news that Albert is feeling like himself again!

Yeah! I'm a happy mama.

So, I need to vent a little here. Our attorney sent our contract to the buyers attorney last week, then went on vacation, travelling home tonight. So every day, I keep getting these frantic phone calls from my agent that the buyer's attorney hasn't received the contract yet. I got a call this morning that destroyed my futile attempts at staying calm. She told me the buyers thought we were playing games, and might walk. So, I asked our agent to please tell me the correct address of the buyer's attorney, and wouldn't you know it, our attorney looked up the address in the Lawyers Diary, whatever that is, and sent it to the wrong address. The buyer's attorney moved to a new office in April, so the Lawyers Diary address hasn't been updated. So now the mystery is solved. Supposedly, tonight the contract is going to be faxed to the buyer's attorney by our attorney. What will go wrong next!

This is exactly why the he$$ I HATE working with attorney's in RE transactions. They can turn a simple thing into a total CF. Just hate dealing with them. Freaks there, freaks here. All this stress for you and the buyers because some lameasz attorney sent the contract to the wrong address Course not sure why your agent was calling you instead of finding out what the hold up was cause that's how I spend a lot of my time - riding attorneys like a racehorse. Now they just 'see' my name on an email and go 'oh , it's HER', but they dang well move their butts.

I'm also having another contract CF at work...the school I've been working at for two weeks through a contract agency, sent the contract back to my boss, with all kinds of changes, and said it was pending school board approval. So, now I'm home, as my boss pulled me off the job. It actually is kind of funny, in an absurd way, how things are going.

Man, is something in the air or what with contracts? I'll work out, but god - contracts here contract there. Ugh.
Carol - same thing here. Had one he$$ of a storm blow in, I mean pouring, raining sideways then blue skys. Literally in a span of maybe 2 hours? From flooding to blue skys. Before I start my novel on Albert LOL here's a pic I took in Bocas (it's in my album) but goes to show how strange weather is. You'll see the rain clouds across the sea and the sun shining on the palms on my side. Was beautiful in a freakish sort of way

Now, my "Novel' about my boy LOL Stayed at the house until at least 1:30 just watching his patterns and think I posted earlier, he ate twice after we got up, know he got up in the night and peed/pooped AND ate, totally 'Albert'. So when my assistant got in early afternoon (had braces put on a while back so had to have an adjustment this morning - OUCH), gave her the bottle of cream I'd put on Albert's pee-pee that made him better (same cream from when he was neutered and hadn't expired), as well as the card-holder thingy the Revolution came in. I knew I was behind on giving him his dosage and had noticed him scratching - so my bad for not getting it sooner.

Anyway, gave her the entire play by play and sent her to the vet - well the vet wasn't there, so she went to pet store 'cause we don't need prescription like in the States for R. Now while I wouldn't have the guy do surgery on an animal, he knows a lot about them - he's the one who told me in the first place that R was the best and really knows his stuff. Anyway, Naiky told him everything, showed him the cream and R card; first thing he asked her was when was the last time I had dosed Albert - well, like I said I was overdue, so he looked at the cream and told Naiky to just give Albert the R and put more cream on his thingy tonight. Already gave him the R and waiting for him to wake up from his normal, pre-nightly 'nap' then gonna swab his thingy. Of course Naiky will confirm with the vet tomorrow, but really think since the cream immediately helped him that a flea bit him when he was peeing. The guy said if he wasn't 100% tomorrrow there's also a pill Albert can take to make sure no parasite or anything, but we'll talk to the vet B4 we do that. He didn't go 'that' long between doses to get a parasite, an indoor cat, but we'll double check with vet and I'm watching him like a hawk.

But when I came home, he was his normal self, meowing hello and totally normal - no licking anything, except me, rolling around like he always does when I come home. So I put the R on cause though not exactly his favorite thing, but no pain, no weird whining/moaning/hurting anything when I picked him up. Sooooooooo, am pretty sure it was just a flea that bit him at the wrong time. I don't care if a 'man' has 4 legs or 2 - they get bit on their well, they ain't gonna be feeling too good.

So thank EVERYONE for all of your prayers, cause I really think they helped both Albert and me Now since I never ate last night 'cause I was crazed, gonna grab my dinner from last night and will check back in.

XXOO to all my friends!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Joy you really want me to have that machete, doncha??!! i dont think i'd get thru our metal detector at work!!
No word on offer. makes me nervous since they want a quick closing but havent responded.
And as for my brother, he DID mail the card, just havent gotten it yet. would be pretty funny if it got lost after travelling all over the country?? not really, but yeah. he's my most responsible brother, too. as for my procrastinating brother? he mailed his share of the gift ($) to my parents, not me. had to come up with a quick story when my mom told me he "mailed me $$. why did he do that??" (notthat their gift was money, just his share!)

Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Tex............Sounds way too much to me for a neuter! I'm sure there are places around cheaper but still professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Tex, YOU need to shop around for the snip job, that is insane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Yeah, sounds high to me too even for US prices - and you're right it's always more there for females than boys. Speaking of girls, how's Willow feeling today? Oh - and it was ShellBell's birthday; mine was the 5th. We are both 12 now LOL
OK---that's it, plus with Lorrie's, Anne's and others posts about it being way too much--y'all convinced me!! I think I am going to look into the clinic ...stop by for a visit and see how things are run there!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
And as for my brother, he DID mail the card, just havent gotten it yet. would be pretty funny if it got lost after travelling all over the country?? not really, but yeah. he's my most responsible brother, too. as for my procrastinating brother? he mailed his share of the gift ($) to my parents, not me. had to come up with a quick story when my mom told me he "mailed me $$. why did he do that??" (notthat their gift was money, just his share!)
Sounds like he needs a good dose of my grandmother. Whenever we would do something stupid, she would say "when you were born, God said "over here for brains, you thought he said trains and you ran like hell!"

Old 09-17-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

So thank EVERYONE for all of your prayers, cause I really think they helped both Albert and me Now since I never ate last night 'cause I was crazed, gonna grab my dinner from last night and will check back in.

XXOO to all my friends!
JOY: I'm so happy to hear that Albert is back to his normal self! And that pic you posted of Bocas.....BEAUTIFUL! I so want to visit you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate