Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 04:00 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Tambre- just caught on to your contract issue-
was wondering though, aren't your buyers represented by an agent?? Unless I am mistaken, their agent should have been the one to present an offer/contract to purchase to you, and then you could review i(with or without an attorney) and make any changes, they would initial those if acceptable, etc. Then that accepted contract would be presented by them to their mortgage lender/title company/closing attorney. I don't understand why you did a contract? am I missing something? Did you not have a listing agent?

also, don't worry about the termite letter. Many states require that, a wood infestation report, pest inspection letter or the like, to be provided by the seller. I believe some mortgage lenders also require one...not to mention a plethora of other things. Like some lenders require flood certification, or survey.

Good luck to you...if it were me I would have your agent, or you yourself, contact their agent and closing attorney to make sure everything is being doen and provded by the correct party in order to expedite a timely closing.

off to bathe the dog- yuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Sara........Welcome Home! Glad you had a safe trip both ways. We all missed you.

Amy........Un-freaking-believeable! Hopefully your new lawyer will be able to do something about him. Unfortunately, unless he actually said he was a lawyer, with several people as witnesses, or he actually wrote it down somewhere, there is probably nothing that can be done. People often allow you to "assume" things if it's to their benefit. That's why we cancelled the contract on the first house down here. We kept telling the sales person that we wanted an age restricted community, but he just kept letting us believe it and never corrected our assumption. I only found it out after reading the CC&Rs and came out and asked. At least we were able to get our hand money back due to what we felt was being misled.
Hey girls, she's in an attorney state (like I'm in an attorney 'country') where attorneys have to draft the contracts. The agent is an entire different issue and I personally think screwed up as well. I DM'd a realtor on CD who practices in another attorney state so she could give advice on the agent's role in 'attorney states' and I posted a link on the thread Amy started so this guy could be reported for practicing without a license. The REAL ones are bad enough sometimes, pseudo ones?????

Amy, would love to see a copy of your listing contract. Don't suppose you have a scanner do you so you could scan/email to me?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Sara........Welcome Home! Glad you had a safe trip both ways. We all missed you.

Amy........Un-freaking-believeable! Hopefully your new lawyer will be able to do something about him. Unfortunately, unless he actually said he was a lawyer, with several people as witnesses, or he actually wrote it down somewhere, there is probably nothing that can be done. People often allow you to "assume" things if it's to their benefit. That's why we cancelled the contract on the first house down here. We kept telling the sales person that we wanted an age restricted community, but he just kept letting us believe it and never corrected our assumption. I only found it out after reading the CC&Rs and came out and asked. At least we were able to get our hand money back due to what we felt was being misled.

I am in a quandry here as I don't know what to do about Sophie. She has started to throw up again....2 days in a row. And this time it's after she eats so it's mostly digested stuff. I changed to a food that is softer and she can chew up rather than swallowing whole, and everything seemed to be OK, but I'm just not sure what is going on. This time it was on the rug again in the hallway into our bedroom. Had I not been going in to clean the bathroom floor, who knows when I would have found it. I haven't officially adopted her yet and I'm wondering if I should. Of course, it would rip out my heart to give her up now. I just knew that I shouldn't have started it........I just knew it. When will I ever learn to listen to my gut feelings as they are always right.
Roth, you would hate to give her up, I know you have had her to the vet, do they recommend a special food? You probably said and I have missed it. She might just be a special needs 'girl' and need you to help her. I dunno, once they are in our homes its hard to think about giving them up....

Old 09-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
i believe Watson's behavior reflects his owner and his bringing up. .
Aaaahhhhh ...thanks Stoy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Holy cow, I am still not feeling good and going back to bed.
Hope you are feeling better tonight. I am feeling much better but just so dang tired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
[b] Ditto what Stoy said - like a child, YOU are raising a well behaved dog, child, 'cause they are like are children. Got home with Albert's food and dang you'd think he hadn't eaten in years - still finishing up on coffee 'cause of MY hangover LOL
Thanks Joy!!! BTW....,the steelers lost today to the Bungals (that roc dude is a bungals fan--I'm sure he will be posting some igonrant crap tonight!)

Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks Joy!!! BTW....,the steelers lost today to the Bungals (that roc dude is a bungals fan--I'm sure he will be posting some igonrant crap tonight!)
Probably just a 'pity' loss to make them feel more confident until they get their A$$es kicked. They still SUCK DONKEY

Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,882 times
OMG JOY!! Send me the link to that photo of the tiger in handcuffs!!!! I HAVE TO HAVE THAT FOR FUTURE ARSENAL!! (you know what I'm talking about!) I have tried to find this on photobucket and can't. What did you type in to search for this image?

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 09-27-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,280,012 times
hey girls, I am heading to bed...took my meds and expecting they will kick in soon. no nausea today so hoping for a GOOD day tomorrow.

I was thinking today that I am going to start working my Mary Kay business again..I have been what we call a 'personal use' consultant for the past 6 years since I got so ill with the fatigue...i cant do the going to someones house for a class or party, but the product is so good and I need something to keep me busy i think I can do more online with it.

What do you all think? I was thinking that I would offer all my current and new customers 20% off on everything until December 31 to try to build my business a little. The tax benefits are pretty good too.

Well thats what I get for sitting around thinking all day..

ok heading for bed girls...love you all hugs

Old 09-28-2009, 06:29 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,449 times
Morning all RISE AND SHINE out there!!! Okey dokie Joy, I beat you in again, whats up with that? Been up awhile, it is nice out and they are predicting only a small chance for rain on the weekend and none all week! Yep the stars are aliegning up for me here............
Any way still have alot to do around here and I lost motivation and the motoration but am going searching for it today. LOL, decided to recover my head board too......oh going for the that "spa" look in there, LOL.............

Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Morning Painter and all to follow. It's like freakin winter here, wind chill 39, 35MPH winds-sucks I tell ya, really sucks and the rest of the week doesn't look much better. Have to look for a condo rental for Dec/Jan in Myrtle Beach!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,448,449 times
WOW Lacey, you poor thing! It seems like your winter just ended and it already hitting the 30's. We were just cheering here last night because there is no rain predicted and the temps are going to be 80' during the day and mid 60's at night this week, lol, they called it a chilly week. Have to laugh at that one!
Myrtle Beach, 2 months?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Painter just checking and rates aren't posted yet but 3 months and you don't pay SC 11% rental tax and $50 of electric is included plus linens,etc. I LOVE NMB!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate