Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:04 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
In Florida, the qualifing broker is the broker of record for the orgainzation. A managing broker is the office manager. They'd be called office manager if they were not a broker. I am the qualifying broker for the organization.

I don't recommend sight unseen purchase either and that is disclosed and signed off on. Many times, the buyers have relatives here that they authorize to walk the property. Most of my buyers, however, know the area personally from previous visits. I usually video the property and send the video over the Internet for them. I have this cool camera called a FLIP that does digital video. It's great, inexpensive and very easy to use.

While buyer remorse doesn't get you out of a contract here either, in the as is with right to inspect contract, the buyer can walk during the inspection period "at the buyer's sole discretion". No penalty and escrow is returned. Typcially, that is 10 days but it could vary as agreed to in the contract. They don't have to give a reason to walk away. The buyer just has to submit the request in writing within the inspection period.
Thanks for clarifying - like I said was just unfamiliar with the designation, as a lot of broker/owners are also the managing broker - not an office manager. Different states have different designations as well as RE laws. And yes, modern technology and the internet does make sending property considerations to buyers very easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:54 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,126,349 times
Yes, I understand that you can run out...but if I see a card on the table after running to the store, I won't stay out of the house the remainder of those 2 hours knowing they have come by. I don't know if they have come by or not.
And what's up with other people's children going into my kids' rooms and getting into their stuff? How rude! My kids hide their expensive stuff. However, we had a Nintendo DS stolen and I had hid it! Often I find my son's trucks and other toys out on his floor when we return. Keep in mind, I keep the house in model condition and all clutter is put away. When I say toys, I mean he has about 4 trucks left and a box of lincoln logs left out and they are set on a bookshelf (no books- packed up). He has to have some toys to play with for the remainder 2 weeks are here. Yet, time and time again I find his toys out. Is it too much to ask that realtors guide parents to not let their children run wild in the house?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Yes, I understand that you can run out...but if I see a card on the table after running to the store, I won't stay out of the house the remainder of those 2 hours knowing they have come by. I don't know if they have come by or not.
And what's up with other people's children going into my kids' rooms and getting into their stuff? How rude! My kids hide their expensive stuff. However, we had a Nintendo DS stolen and I had hid it! Often I find my son's trucks and other toys out on his floor when we return. Keep in mind, I keep the house in model condition and all clutter is put away. When I say toys, I mean he has about 4 trucks left and a box of lincoln logs left out and they are set on a bookshelf (no books- packed up). He has to have some toys to play with for the remainder 2 weeks are here. Yet, time and time again I find his toys out. Is it too much to ask that realtors guide parents to not let their children run wild in the house?
It really seems like the system for showings needs to be perfected as mentioned earlier in this thread...using the lock box system or whatever...a little flag could be put up after someone has left perhaps? The process of selling really isn't a pleasant one, but I guess living with the aggravations to get er done is what it takes ultimately.

The parents should be guiding their children not to play with your sons toys Why does this lack of parental guidance not surprise me?!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I'd have a serious talk with your listing agent about this and have them call all of the agents who have shown your home and let them know they'd better watch their clients. I'd be totally P'od right now. In fact I am and it's not even my house or my kids toys

Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I'd have a serious talk with your listing agent about this and have them call all of the agents who have shown your home and let them know they'd better watch their clients. I'd be totally P'od right now. In fact I am and it's not even my house or my kids toys
Awww if only more realtors were as thoughtful and diligent as you c21, the world would be a better place

Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I had to call my listing agent many times due to agents not locking the sliding doors after leaving, leaving the lights on and putting the A/C so much lower and leaving it on that # after leaving while the homes were brand new and empty.

I even had put on flier askin to put the A/C back, turning the lights off and please lock the sliding doors....and still they left it open. At firt my listing agent didn't call for showings because nobody was living there but soon enough I requested to be informed and given permission for showings upfront so I could drive by later and check if the place was locked, etc....if this had happened once I wouldn't mention it, but it happened so often and on more than 1 home I owned.

Where I live numerous times kids have been going into empty homes without having to do anything to the locks...the sliding doors are left open and kids had on one home taken the screen door off and threw in he pond, did a # 1 in the kitchn cabinets, etc... all because it was made so easy to go in. Just a week ago I called another agent to lock one home since the owner doesn't live here....teenagers are smoking pot in the home and again the sliding door is left open. We don't want to go in and lock the home, since basically itis trespassing if we would do so.

Is it so much to ask for to have respect for other peoples property.
I wrote down on the business cards who did leave it open...although when more than one agent went in on one da I didn't know who it was....and mostly the once leaving it open were the once not leaving credentials!

I have to say that 60% did lock the home....but that is a very low percentage.

I have been doing showings my self and I understand that when the client leaves the agent wants to leave immediately to loose the least time as possible, but it comes with the job....close the doors and have clients not touch other peoples stuff.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
See I don't get this. First of all a two hour window is insanely large. If an agent misses that they have no idea how to use google maps to route a showing schedule and must not show homes very often.

Honestly, if you are gone for two hours during that window, you should come back home and relax. If they are unable to keep a two hour window then it's time for your listing agent to have a conversation with them about basic manners. I am all for making the home easy to show, but I don't tolerate disorganization when it impacts people like that. That's why sellers hire agents...to handle this kind of junk.

I understand you want the card, but things happen...like running out. I don't tolerate that from other agents how show my listings and I can honestly say I have had an agent miss a window once (in five years) to my knowledge.

Silver- we are always stuck with at least a 2 hr. window...I guess that is why I get frustrated too if they have or haven't come by and I am out somewhere for 2 hrs.....
In fact we have a showing tonight with a 2 hr. window at 6-8p so my kids get a free pass and get to stay up later..they are 4 1/2.

BENTLEBEE: Great post above!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
It really seems like the system for showings needs to be perfected as mentioned earlier in this thread...using the lock box system or whatever...a little flag could be put up after someone has left perhaps? The process of selling really isn't a pleasant one, but I guess living with the aggravations to get er done is what it takes ultimately.

The parents should be guiding their children not to play with your sons toys Why does this lack of parental guidance not surprise me?!
Gold- right on!! When we look at homes, my hub and I have one child hand in hand! I always tell them do not touch!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Silver- we are always stuck with at least a 2 hr. window...I guess that is why I get frustrated too if they have or haven't come by and I am out somewhere for 2 hrs.....
In fact we have a showing tonight with a 2 hr. window at 6-8p so my kids get a free pass and get to stay up later..they are 4 1/2.

BENTLEBEE: Great post above!
You know I'd say about 50% of my clients request that I handle appointments for them directly. I have had agents request large times like that and I request they narrow it down for me. They always do.

I had a mom with a little baby and just told agents that she could be gone for an hour but no more due to the baby. I asked nicely and every agent accomodated her. Some even narrowed it down to a 30 minute window for her. Have you tried telling them you have a young child and could they make it 6-7 instead? I bet MOST agents will be courteous and make it work.

Agents aren't mind readers and they give those large time slots in order to not have to call and tell you they are running late. Unless you make them aware of the issues for you and your child, they just don't know. I don't know how areas that use Centralized Showing Services how that works though since the appointments go through a third party.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 AM

With the centralized system we used, I would still be getting an office call from showing line office people calling to confirm the showing time. If you never called back I believe they just came, but you had a chance to fine tune the appt. It was nice because it was standard for them to use a one hour time frame.

You should try narrowing the time down like suggested NJ. Does an office person call you to confirm the time? I can see where you would have difficulties though, the way you have described your agent.

I know YOU would take charge of your kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate