Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 09:35 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times

Advertisements

Well, the ham is NOT in the oven yet, the bread is NOT being baked yet, lol..the salads can wait. its naptime here at the farm..in a fair amount of pain and need to lay down...it just catches up with me..

Blessings to you all and so glad you are all part of my life!)))

Old 11-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Hey campers, is everyone enjoying their day..we are getting ready to eat soon..Ham, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, grape salad and dessert..yum..we've been smelling it all cooking and getting hungryyyy.

Cold here today 35 but no snow..I think tomorrow we are heading to a winery about 20 min north of here, just a little field trip, lol. Nothing I need at the mall, I don't do the black friday thing, haven't for years..I wear out enough just waking up and doing day to day stuff, I would probably have to call 911 for me in crowds like that....besides its a lean Christmas and I have most of what I am buying already bought..

Ok need to get dinner on the table..blessings all...

Old 11-26-2009, 04:43 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Hope everyone enjoyed/is enjoying their day. finally wrapped up here and can relax with second glass of wine (second of many probably )
guess my expectations of my last thanksgiving here were too high. dont want to complain, i am thankful for lots, but it was not a good day for me. i can sum it up with this: after showing my mom pics of our new house, she responds with "that's it?", "too small to live in" (1800 sqft, larger than her house) type comments. my brother asked her to say something positive. took her 20 seconds to fake comment, "well, i guess it's nice"

Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
good, this day is almost over. Only 30 some odd days until the holidaze are over. I don't do them well to begin with and this one is among the worst
can you say turkey

Old 11-27-2009, 07:04 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
TURKEY! oKAY I said it!

In my house the fridge is more stuffed than the residents, it looks like it will be a repeat dinner for a couple of days here. We will not be out shoppin' in the craziness, don't do crowds well. It is always insane and the traffic, well lets just say I do not want to contribute to the "rage".
Hope you all had a wonderful day and are on the road to recouperating from binging.

Stoy, Hope you made it to the new home town and found a great meal waiting for you!

Lacey, Anxious to hear about all the winnings when you are up and around!

Old 11-27-2009, 07:34 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, is everyone enjoying their day..we are getting ready to eat soon..Ham, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, grape salad and dessert..yum..we've been smelling it all cooking and getting hungryyyy.

Cold here today 35 but no snow..I think tomorrow we are heading to a winery about 20 min north of here, just a little field trip, lol. Nothing I need at the mall, I don't do the black friday thing, haven't for years..I wear out enough just waking up and doing day to day stuff, I would probably have to call 911 for me in crowds like that....besides its a lean Christmas and I have most of what I am buying already bought..

Hey Barb sorry you were dealing with pain, but so much here and there i hurt just thinking about it. I could smell that ham from here! Gorged myself so much think I ate 3 times my weight lol I never did the black friday thing for one 'cause I'm not a big shopping fan, but the crowds Remember taking DS once to the 'free' day at the zoo forgetting that if it was free then everyone would be taking their kids - was so dang packed and full of whiny kids never did that again.

Hope you all enjoyed the dinner and good company. Lots for us to be thankful for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hope everyone enjoyed/is enjoying their day. finally wrapped up here and can relax with second glass of wine (second of many probably )
guess my expectations of my last thanksgiving here were too high. dont want to complain, i am thankful for lots, but it was not a good day for me. i can sum it up with this: after showing my mom pics of our new house, she responds with "that's it?", "too small to live in" (1800 sqft, larger than her house) type comments. my brother asked her to say something positive. took her 20 seconds to fake comment, "well, i guess it's nice"
Hope you drank the whole bottle Stoy after mom made that comment. How dang hard would it have been to just say, 'oh honey it looks so nice' Period. Just one positive comment Glad your brother had your back, but really . . . . what's up with some people? Like when I brought that coffee all the way from here for some family members and gave mom hers, trying to be nice and instead of just taking it and saying thanks she told me 'well i don't drink coffee anymore' like I'd given her a brick of heroin or something. Needless to say another family member got extra, but don't see why people have to be rude. Sorry she made the day, well . . . unpleasant, but at least you have your brother and DH to be thankful for AND A GREAT NEW HOUSE darn it - don't care what mom said. Are you sure we don't have the same one

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
good, this day is almost over. Only 30 some odd days until the holidaze are over. I don't do them well to begin with and this one is among the worst
can you say turkey
I know how hard this is for you Sara and keeping you in my prayers. Not exactly my fav time of the year either so I can relate. This year has been especially rough on you and hope the new year which is right around the corner brings more peace and tranquility XX

Annie hope your bird turns out good but since your DH was so sweet to get it going so some team work there, bet you and the kids will feast like kings! Tell him Happy Birthday and give him tons of hugs and kisses from his pseudo sister-in-laws (and ship that dang DNA lol)

Shel hope you feasted though sorry so tired from working had to do it in shifts - and sure will be good when Bella gets out of never ending heat. Has your sis picked out a sire yet so she can just get that litter out of the way and have her spayed? How ya feeling after your shot? Hopefully those were just normal, right after side effects.

Amy, you guys are on the road but hope you found a good place to have Thanksgiving. Safe travels and the way you're doing it maybe everyone was already in place when you were driving so you caught a break on traffic.

Lorrie, hope you and Gary, and of course the furbabbies had a good day.

Lacey - hope ya hit the jackpot! Seems like you might be on a winning streak dodging the bullet the way you did with SIL lol Hope Mr. L. doing good and the weather will give you guys a break. Ugh. MN in the winter.

Carol, hope you and kids had great day and the boys next door didn't go firing off their dang guns. Not what you, horsies or furbabbies need.

Feel like I'm missing some campers but am still so stuffed from last night think i have dressing clinging to my brains lol stayed well away from the one 'drunk' - she started to sit at the table I was at and someone else THANK GOD said, oh bob and sandy are sitting here so she went back to the table she was originally sitting at. Talk about dodging a bullet. She was drunk when she came by my office earlier in the day and so hammered when I left someone had to drive her home. Real shame 'cause one of my friends who has been sober for like years has been trying to get her to go to AA with her, but poor woman in total denial, even after wrecking car, getting huge ticket etc. Can't imagine spending my retirement drunk all the time and not like there's not things she can and does do to keep occupied - not that I'll ever fully retire but . . . sad really to spend what should be a happy time in life (not having to work, had a nice sports car) being drunk all the time.

Well, need to get my act together and head to the office - want to do as quick as possible in and out, get a bit of shopping done then get back home before town gets insane. Have a good day girls and I'll pop back in later when I'm home.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
can you say turkey
Sara, I'm sorry it was not a good day..want to share? Sending prayers and hugs your way my friend
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/hugsbearfam.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Sounds yummy dogmom! Let us know how the winery was today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
That is a shame about your mom. KUDOS to your brother for setting her straight!!
Quote:
can you say turkey
Sara, holidays can be a downer especially when the ones we love are no longer around to celebrate with us. Prayers and peace to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
TURKEY! oKAY I said it!

In my house the fridge is more stuffed than the residents, it looks like it will be a repeat dinner for a couple of days here. We will not be out shoppin' in the craziness, don't do crowds well. It is always insane and the traffic, well lets just say I do not want to contribute to the "rage".
Hope you all had a wonderful day and are on the road to recouperating from binging.
Sounds like you and your daughter will be feasting for awhile. That is what I hate about going to my sisters house for the holidays. I NEVER have leftovers! She sends a slab of turkey, ham and a stuffing ball home with me and that is IT!! I'm going through pumpkin pie withdrawal right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shel hope you feasted though sorry so tired from working had to do it in shifts - and sure will be good when Bella gets out of never ending heat. Has your sis picked out a sire yet so she can just get that litter out of the way and have her spayed? How ya feeling after your shot? Hopefully those were just normal, right after side effects.
Bella is still in heat!!! She called the vet and the vet said something is wrong that it should have never lasted this long! He said she might not be able to have a litter and might have to be spayed. Say some prayers that it isn't anything serious with Bella and a simple spaying will be the fix. My sister would be devastated if anything happened to Bella.

On a bright note...her and Watson played like favorite cousins. He was exhausted last night when we got home. He usually takes a few naps during the day and yesterday--NONE! He went right to sleep when we got home at 1 AM!! We got up at 11 am today!! I let him out to potty and he is sleeping by my feet again!! Poor baby! He had fun though. Only tried a few times to get with Bella and we corrected him!

That pain in the side of my neck went away but I noticed it is back again today...hmmm..

Stoy: When is the big move day?

Amy: Where are you at now? Did you make it to MO yet?

Annie: Hope Scott's day is filled with happiness! Tell him Happy Birthday from me! Dang--wish I was there to sing happy birthday and partake in that cannoli filled cake!!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Hi Shel..the holidays, sadly, are not always happy ones..sometimes they can be downright depressing...I gave up on Normal Rockwell holidays long ago.

Gee I hope nothing is wrong with Bella..how long has she been in heat now, like 3 weeks, thats a long time for a little dog I would think...sending doggy prayers her way..let us know.

Glad you and Sir Watson got a good night's sleep. Yes that is the problem with eating at someone else's house. You are lucky to get a plate to take home, that's it..next year we will be home and I will do Thanksgiving and who ever can get to our place can come..we are all too far spread out anymore.

Ok heading out shortly..chat later hi to all campers!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:49 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Shel, our dog's first heat lasted a month! dr said that was normal, got her fixed shortly after. no leftovers for me either.
Sara, hugs.
Barb, enjoy your day at the winery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate