Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,652 times

Advertisements

Good morning, all. Anyone getting bad flooding? Hope not. Back to staining and painting outside trim today, and more firewood. what a simple life.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,188,634 times
howdy peeps! All over the place here today. Got a pork roast in crock pot for tomorrow. Need to get finished with the craft room redo, move a few more things in there. Bought 2 small shelf units to use as a base for a 6'x 2' board, to use as a workspace. turned out sturdy. Tambre, it was the spare BR-still have the other as a guest room....for all that company we are constantly swamped with, snicker snicker. Speaking of....think any of your bunch will be making it out for a visit???

Had the sprinklers system turned on and wouldn't you know it...one is leaking and I am not sure about some others. I don't knwo that he did that great a job checking them, plus making sure they were spraying the right ways. AND then I ran over one with the mower!! I was a MURPHY in a past life apparently!

Stoy, maybe you can catch some good weather to finish the painting project. Do they let people gather fallen wood on the park service lands?? I guess it is good to keep adding to the stockpile for winter.

okay, need to get cracking a while, BBL

Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM

Cma, i think you just pay 5$ for wood in national forest. our subdivision is cutting trees for fire mitigation this year, as long as you help out you can keep what you want.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Hi Campers, You all know pretty soon it looks like it will be just camper...Where is everyone? I just noticed the amount of posts here and wonder if they will be shutting us down soon....are we moving to another camp site...#7???
Not much to report here, the only good news is my dd is officially done with pre-med. Had her last final yesterday and boy oh boy is she happy. Her professor told her even if she failed the final exam that she would still pass so it took alot of the stress off of her....she is an A student. This exam was in Organics and her "dumb" momma could not have made it pass the first chapter! She is not going to the ceremonies but I am anxious to see the diploma just the same. Now to the next phase and then some day she can support ME!!!

Now all you infrequent posters come back and give us and update!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Morning everyone! Ha Painter- don't you know campers have lives off the computer:??!!
Ah well, those that can and those that do, hike on in whenever I know life caught up with me and I don't spend a lot of time on here or the computer in general....breeze thru is my thing.

CDCD- well showings slowed, but I still say there is a buyer for ya some where, they just haven't found you yet!~! You too Painter. I think those that seriously want to buy a HOME, will...tax credit be damned. Really, solid people have been buying for ages regardless of economy, interest rate or granite.
I thought our agent here would jump on wanting to list us. But she said if we could hang on a while, she seems to think that comps will get better- need to get past all the foreclosure/lowball activity. It is almost like the value of our houses around us didn't really drop, but the people that got in a bind for whatever reason, took some serious lowballs to get out and that messed with the numbers. But a couple of homes still sold pretty close to whatever normal could be considered.

So we'll see...Mister isn't in a major hurry to job seek out of the area- he thinks hiring in the businesses he is interested in will pick up even more, as he has seen a glimmer of hope from those he networks with.

got all my JUNK in the new & improved art/craft room...now to get it organized, so I can see what goodies I need and can make a Dick Blick order-----unless someone knows a better place to order supplies??? I can;t believe I got rid of a bunch of stuff last yr....now I need it

Stoy I guess keeping your neighborhood clear is good- it takes everyone working together like that to help prevent those fires. Plus you get firewood- it all works together huh

Tambre- have you gotten any cows yet??? Now do you have a barn for them or will they just be free roaming?

FOG- are you still working toward a closing?
Gentlearts- how is your deal moving along? did you figure out a mover yet?

Okay campers and peepers- have good day and I will catch ya later!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:07 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,548 times
Hi everyone,

Stoy, how many cords do you have cut, split and stacked now? Are you still looking for a job, or enjoying your new simple life too much. You sound very content and peaceful. Hope you're feeling a little bit better. My job is okay, but kind of isolating with regards to adult conversation. C-ma, sounds like you are settling in with organizing the new craft room. Postponing relisting sounds like it may be a good idea with the low comps. Painter, congratulations on your super smart daughter! I wish she was a vet already, 'cause I could use some advice. We bought five cows, and one possibly has pneumonia, and another one is coughing. We only got them Sunday. Is she going to be a large or small animal vet? Why do you think they are going to close the thread? Lack of activity, or too many posts, or ? CDCDguy, it must be nice to have a break from all those showings, even though they are a necessary inconvenience. If anyone doesn't mind praying for our four legged friends, it would be appreciated. They are all pregnant and due to calf at the end of September.
Attached Thumbnails
CRAZY Camp #6: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1 or better... post 2 :)-new-additions-001-medium-.jpg  

Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Tambre your cows are so cute..yes i said cute and I will say a prayer for them....they look young to be pregnant already? I guess the vet has checked them out...no idea what to do for sick cows

not sure if the powers to be will close camp ...it would probably be due to the large number of posts. I guess they will let us know...then we can take it from there.

I am tired, been going to bed early(for me) and getting up earlier too. I have found that if I get hubby to wake me & tell me to roll on to my back when he wakes up, then sleep a while longer that way, then I can get up & stand upright. It has worked 3 days now, fingers crossed it holds. Felt like the chiro turned into a piggy bank.

All have a good night, sweet dreams!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 AM

good morning all. Tambre, they are so cute!! prayers, of course. i think we have 6-7 cords, it's pine, of course. DH is supposed to help clear a lot near here that has some oak. havent resumed looking for a job, just cant clear my head for it. there is a position avail. for a summer program just like i did back home, may print out application today.
Cma, do you do back stretches? DH does bec. his back has gone out several times and hurts other times. i know though sometimes stretching can have a negative effect, but if you want to know his, let me know.
Carol, how's the weather?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Morning gals and fellow farmer!
Tambre, Not to smart when it comes to cows, but I will have to ask "frank" down the road and see what he says. He has had herds for a very long time and seems to be the go to guy for cows, lol.
My dd was going to specialize in equine medicine but now...may be just small animals. Last year my mare colicked and she assisted our vet, didn't like the part of sticking your arm up to the shoulder into the back end to "release" blockage. So we will see where she ends up in her decision in another 4 yrs when the "special" comes into play with school.

I was referencing the number of posts as to why we would be shut down. Since we are peaceful people there would be no other reason...right?

CDCD, FOG, Gentlearts.....What...you moved on and forgot your friends here?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM

430 posts, read 1,695,953 times
Hello again all, finally checking in. Tambre, I hope your cows are okay. Crazyma, I really admire your art! I bought a book and supplies to do mosaic but still haven't started. Was planning to mosaic some ceramic pots as Mother's Day gifts for my mother and stepmother and maybe also as a housewarming gift for my best friend who is going to be moving into her new palace in a few weeks. :-) Painter, how exciting about your daughter. And what is her next step? My older daughter who is going to graduate from college a semester early (one sem. to go!) just got a great summer internship, relevant to her majors, that pays well and she is so happy about that!

As for me and my house purchase, we are still in escrow though I'm not hopeful that it will go through. Its hard to be a single mom and work as many hours as I do and deal with all this stuff on my own. I'm a mix of deeply disappointed and also just trying to let it go in case it doesn't happen. I feel bad for my sellers, of course, who also need to make plans and know whether they have to move and such.

The inspection day itself was funny - I was worried about it because its a FSBO and I wasn't sure if the owners would be there. Yes, they were, with their two little ones who wanted to play with me the whole time. ;-) The 4-year-old offered a few "secrets" about the house which were informative, hehe. The sellers are very friendly and easygoing and welcomed me to snoop around but it felt awkward checking out the house with them there. The inspection revealed about 7k worth of issues that aren't going to cause the house to fall down tomorrow but will need to be dealt with eventually. I'm not asking the sellers to help with repairs or renegotiate the price since I'm already stressing them out with the Are we going to close or not? factor.

Sigh. Another week or so and I should know for sure whether its going to happen or whether its all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate