Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 04:22 AM

50,429 posts, read 64,199,369 times

Advertisements

Good morning, all. Our move is progressing. We're packing our brains out, and I am stressed about everything. We don't anticipate any problems with the closings, but something could always go wrong at the last minute. We will be entirely packed up on two rental trucks the day before our old house closes. Then, we will need to hover here for a day until we leave for the two day trip to GA. There, we will will hover again for a day until the closing down there.
So, there is so much room for disaster to happen in our logistical nightmare that I just wish I could go into a coma and wake up after the move is over.
On the brighter side, I remind myself that I think we are meant for this move to happen now, rather than before. We sold our house on Easter. We found the new one on my birthday. We're moving on the date that, as a little girl, I chose as my favorite date (5/20). Omens? If we had sold 3 years ago, we would have bought at the top of the market, and I also would have gone through an illness in a strange place with new doctors and no family around.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,820 times
Morning....Good to see you both CDCD and Gentlearts!

Gentlearts, Everything happens for a reason and it happens when the time is right. You dont have much longer to stress and then you can sit back and take it all in as a bad dream. Before you know it you will be here saying can you believe it has been a year already! I am so looking forward to starting another project ( house ), the move would be nothing. How are your plans for the reno going?

CDCD, You too..when the time is right. Since you are not in a have to situation then maybe the dead line you have set will be the best thing to do.

I had a long talk with the agent last night about the comps, land ect. According to the comps both sold and listed I am the least expensive. Alot of the competition has pulled off the market so there are very few places with acreage now, good for me I suppose. So she has deteremined my price is not an issue it is that no one wants rural...duh..I figured that one out all by myself. She also met with her broker and other agents...same story. I am tired of it only takes one speech........

Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,154,521 times
Morning everyone,

Gentlearts, just know that whatever happens, you will be strong enough to deal with it. Hopefully everything will go smoothly at both closings. Are you driving the rental trucks yourselves? I love your analysis of the reason your move didn't happen until now. It does sound like a good omen!

CDCDguy...good plan. I remember when our house had been on the market for so long, and I took it off for the winter months, it was such a relief. It gives you time to relax and rethink the selling process.

Painter, you have done everything you can to try to make your place marketable. Will say a prayer for you, too.

Crazyma, the storms missed us, but this week is looking like a good one for severe weather. The cow is still sick I'll say a prayer that your family situation can be peacefully negotiated, regarding your father's estate.

Stoy, you must be getting in good shape with hauling all that wood! You know what they say, wood heats you three times...once when you cut it, once when you split it, and once when you burn it.

Dogmom, those darn b****. Glad that Carl's shoulder is healing well.

Well, have a great one everyone!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,027,755 times
Gentlearts, it'll be all worth it soon!! love that you have a favorite day, mine was always the last day of school!! (as a kid and the last 3 years of work )
my brother wants me to draw up another logo. exciting, we seem to be having the same ideas on it. it's for a marathon poster/ad.
was supposed to have snow and rain showers today, instead pure sunshine. bbq chicken, beans, tomato salad, and maybe biscuits for dinner, yum!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,450,820 times
Hey Stoy...Am I invited to supper?

Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 PM

Sure, DH is also making grilled veggies!!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Default Stormy weather

Morning everyone,

Looks like a rainy weekend, which is going to make it difficult to plant some seeds I'm trying to get started in the garden. Flash flood warnings all over the place. Storm season is here.

So the latest excitment was we had a tornado evacuation at school yesterday morning. I won't soon forget the sound of the tornado siren, the principal's order to evacuate, and the looks on the teacher's faces while they were quickly getting those kids lined up for the walk over to the safe building. Yes, the storm building is about a city block away. The hardest part was waiting outside the storm shelter, while the lines of little ones slowly trickled into the building, not knowing if they would get inside in time. Luckily, a tornado never touched down in the area. Guess alls well that ends well.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM

Wow, Tambre, that sounds scary. It was the last day of school here yesterday for some kids, maybe high schoolers. how about for you?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Wow, Tambre, that sounds scary. It was the last day of school here yesterday for some kids, maybe high schoolers. how about for you?
Hey Stoy, How's everything. How many cords do you have stacked? School ends next week here, but I am done treating kids as of yesterday. Back east, they don't get out until the end of June. Feels good to be getting out early! Still have paperwork to get done for report cards...ugh.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Hey, tambre, having less bad moments. went to the movies today for first time in a long time. saw robin hood. was good, not like the kevin costner one, though. done with wood for now. you'd think i'd have lost a few pounds from throwing it around. uh-huh. this is the larger wood pile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate