Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,156 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the catch up Joy and congrats to Stoy and Tambra. There is hope out there.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Wow Lorrie-we're going back in June for oldest GS graduation. I'm hoping he and the youngest are flying here Mar 27 til beginning of Apr-tha's their Christmas present-DD and I going halves.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Hey Lorrie glad you're going to see family soon and Lacey as fast as time flies March will be here before you know it - can you believe we're almost into December I'm still waiting to find out when DS graduates because then I'll fly back to the states. Probably around June but who the heck knows. Must call the boy and find out.

Well, probably going to turn in early tonight as tomorrow is another dreaded Monday Ugh and still need to do some stuff B4 I turn in.

Here's my nighty-night funny and everyone have a good one! See ya in the morning!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Wow Lorrie-we're going back in June for oldest GS graduation. I'm hoping he and the youngest are flying here Mar 27 til beginning of Apr-tha's their Christmas present-DD and I going halves.

Isn't that great? We have two grandsons almost grown up. I was thinking about me at his age and I was engaged to dh and thought how grown up I was. NOT. Oh to be that age again what fun it was. How wonderful that they will be with you for a few days.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey Lorrie glad you're going to see family soon and Lacey as fast as time flies March will be here before you know it - can you believe we're almost into December I'm still waiting to find out when DS graduates because then I'll fly back to the states. Probably around June but who the heck knows. Must call the boy and find out.

Well, probably going to turn in early tonight as tomorrow is another dreaded Monday Ugh and still need to do some stuff B4 I turn in.

Here's my nighty-night funny and everyone have a good one! See ya in the morning!
Good night Joy.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 AM

Morning all-took my cute little bird out from freezer to refrig as this is the week of gluttony-LOL.

What are we all thankful for? For sure here it's the big H-health.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,277,649 times
Good morning friends...well the two leggers and four legger finally got to Des Moines last night, lol. Ate at the Cracker Barrell which is conveniently, or not, next door to our hotel here...ate there before we ever checked in as we were starving...too tired to shop there though. No fears, not a huge hurry this morning, so time to SHOP before we hit the road again. its a 'short' drive today, only 250 miles so will leave a little later..

Ok, if my sissy needs any more 'stuff', she's gonna have to come get it, lol..this is just too far to drive unless you have a motor home or large luxury car..at least on the return trip we will be minus the trailer as its a one way rental THANK GOODNESS. We had a ton of wind yesterday and it takes its toll on the driver..

Lorrie I am so happy to see you back here at camp. I know we all miss you..prayers for you, glad you are getting to go home to CA for the holidays, that gives you something to look forward to. I know too being away from family is tough, been there, done that. And I so understand about moving and not fitting in. As pretty as Utah was, thank goodness for the wonderful friends we made, we would not have made it as long as we did..we miss them everyday but we needed to get home. Otherwise the locals for the most part had no use for us as we were not 'them'. My best advice if you are going to move to a new area is RENT. that way you are not stuck. If we were to ever go somewhere new, it would be to rent. but count the blessings you do have, Lorrie, and Lacey and those away from friends and family. Sometimes its hard to keep your eye on the big picture when you are lonely...
Well, working on coffee....more coffee...later campers and hi to everyone...hugs~

Old 11-23-2009, 06:13 AM

Love Cracker Barrel-especially for breakfast-the fried apples, grits, sausage gravy-yum plus the shopping. I always buy a jar of their fried apples and put it in stuffing or make apple crisp.

Happy journey!

Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning friends...well the two leggers and four legger finally got to Des Moines last night, lol. Ate at the Cracker Barrell which is conveniently, or not, next door to our hotel here...ate there before we ever checked in as we were starving...too tired to shop there though. No fears, not a huge hurry this morning, so time to SHOP before we hit the road again. its a 'short' drive today, only 250 miles so will leave a little later..

LOL yes, how convenient - shop and stuff but is kind of nice you could go right next door as tired as you guys are.

Ok, if my sissy needs any more 'stuff', she's gonna have to come get it, lol..this is just too far to drive unless you have a motor home or large luxury car..at least on the return trip we will be minus the trailer as its a one way rental THANK GOODNESS. We had a ton of wind yesterday and it takes its toll on the driver..

Girl I've pulled a trailer in winds and it is NOT fun trying to hold on to the steering wheel to keep everything on the road. Poor Carl - his hands must be feeling it this AM - so glad it's a 1 way rental. And yeah, sis wants more stuff, well then 'come on down' lol

Lorrie I am so happy to see you back here at camp. I know we all miss you..prayers for you, glad you are getting to go home to CA for the holidays, that gives you something to look forward to. I know too being away from family is tough, been there, done that. And I so understand about moving and not fitting in. As pretty as Utah was, thank goodness for the wonderful friends we made, we would not have made it as long as we did..we miss them everyday but we needed to get home. Otherwise the locals for the most part had no use for us as we were not 'them'. My best advice if you are going to move to a new area is RENT. that way you are not stuck. If we were to ever go somewhere new, it would be to rent. but count the blessings you do have, Lorrie, and Lacey and those away from friends and family. Sometimes its hard to keep your eye on the big picture when you are lonely...

Amen to that oh wise one.

Well, working on coffee....more coffee...later campers and hi to everyone...hugs~
Glad today not such a long haul for you guys and thanks for keeping us updated on your journey! Hopefully this will be one of the last ones you make and then you and Carl can sit back and go "whew, it's finally over" XX

Quote:
Morning all-took my cute little bird out from freezer to refrig as this is the week of gluttony-LOL.

What are we all thankful for? For sure here it's the big H-health.
LOL week of gluttony - I used to make enough to feed an army just so i'd have tons of leftovers. Could gorge myself forever on turkey and dressing. Yummy. And yes, the big H is definitely something to be thankful for. I always say a little prayer for all my friends having health issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Isn't that great? We have two grandsons almost grown up. I was thinking about me at his age and I was engaged to dh and thought how grown up I was. NOT. Oh to be that age again what fun it was. How wonderful that they will be with you for a few days.
Ah yes, how much we 'thought' we knew at that age LOL I thought I knew everything and was such a 'woman'. HAHAHAHA - don't think I grew up until my 30's and then still not sure I've completely grown up in my 50's lol.

So and while not funny at the time and the whole good can come from bad, started my coffee then since Misty Rose was out of food and I needed to open a new bag - well the dang bag ripped down the middle and kibble flew all over the kitchen floor I've still been softening it up with water so . . . anyway, I sweep it all up into a pile on the kitchen floor (thank God I'd just swept the floor yesterday) and she just starts chowing down. Probably ate at least 1/2 of the big pile that was on the floor. So the good news is lol that I was able to get out A's self feeder so I could put the leftover that was on the floor and the rest of her bag in it. Guess she's grown up enough that I don't have to soften it up anymore. So that's how my morning started lol but at least now she'll always have food and don't have to mess with softening it up

Hope everyone is doing good and had a great weekend. I'll pop back in when more campers are up and about.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Love Cracker Barrel-especially for breakfast-the fried apples, grits, sausage gravy-yum plus the shopping. I always buy a jar of their fried apples and put it in stuffing or make apple crisp.

Happy journey!

Hubby loves Cracker Barrel also but when we travel now we stay away from there since hubby is trying to lose wait has lost 30 lbs so far. We get lean cusines and micowave it at the hotel. First stop is always the nearest supermarket to pick some diet drinks and dinner there. This way we also get to eat in our room and have more of a restfull night. That is just us though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate