Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 03:25 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,977 times

Advertisements

I have somewhat an important question regarding my current home and the possibility of selling.

Currently I am living in Texas right now, but I decided to work on moving back to Michigan (having lived in MI previously for several years). I know that I will need to sell my current house before I could look into buying one in MI. My uncle has expressed interest in wanting to buy my house and I am all for that, but I need a little help in the correct process needed to make this happen.

I have a realtor friend in MI in the area that I know quite well and for right now am just looking to see what is out there in the area that I am looking into. No rush for me to do anything at this point; I already know what kind of home and area I am looking for as well as the price range which I have specified to the realtor.

However, I will most likely need a realtor here in TX for my current house as well in order to sell the house if my uncle plans to buy it, correct? I've had the house for 2 years now and have decided to move back to MI for certain reasons.

I don't understand sometimes why real estate and its related transactions has to be so complicated, but some guidelines/help would be greatly appreciated as to what would be the best way to work with this situation. Thanks for any help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:21 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,216,670 times
If you already know your uncle will buy it and have agreed on a price, skip the agent and get a real estate attorney to draw up the paperwork and handle the transaction.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Agree with your uncle to split the cost of an appraisal and an attorney.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I like the way you think, bindenver.

If the OP intends to finance a home purchase in Michigan, it's likely that securing employment will be necessary to buy anything.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM

654 posts, read 3,456,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I like the way you think, bindenver.

If the OP intends to finance a home purchase in Michigan, it's likely that securing employment will be necessary to buy anything.
Employment won't be a problem since my current job here (for about 2 years), I can transfer to work for the same company out of Michigan as well. That will be the first thing I can make sure of before anything else takes place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate