Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,922,371 times

Advertisements

MODERATORS: THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH...GETTING FEEDBACK ONLY! I absolutely would not risk being thrown off this site and will respectfully decline to offer this to anyone here.

I have just made the decision to participate in a marketing system that provides free property websites to real estate agents. It's professionally done, allows for unlimited pics, texting w/call capture and mobile phone website, virtual tour, flyers, automatic placement in 14 real estate search engines, one-click Craigs list, 24 access to marketing logs, brochures and flyers, schedule showings online, facebook and twitter interface, widgets galore to connect it all........as well as, creates a presentation book to market potential sellers.......there's more, I just can't remember it all. (This same product is available to agents at $100 per property). It had to be impressive for me to sign up.

QUESTION FOR AGENTS: If this were a loan officer with a strong following in the community, would you participate if the cost was $0 to you? (and yes, it's RESPA compliant). The only thing asked for in exchange would be to share the leads the system generated and not to give them to another loan officer. Even if you didn't have your own listings, you could put a co-worker's listing up, just to attract buyers.

I am hoping CD admin doesn't wipe this off the City-Data earth, I need independent, impartial info feedback....I emailed 5 agents before I even took training (that excited) and all 5 came back and said yes.....but they are part of my core group, my real estae family. My goal is to find "new to me" agents. What would prod you to work with a loan officer you never worked with before? Would this do it? If listings in your area are sold before the week is out, doesn't that mean those w/ the most listings make the most money?

QUESTION FOR SELLERS: If you didn't know your agent before you listed with them, why did you chose them? Would a high tech presentation turn your head? Would knowing your home is immediately submitted to 14 sites, be a good thing? Do you like the idea that anyone viewing the home online could print a flyer? Would you like to have access to the web traffic for your home........do you want access to the feedback - do you want to be copied on a potential buyer saying that purple room in your home must go?

Anyway........I want to try something new and this appears to be up-to-the-minute new. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I already get all that and more from my broker.

I do not take anything from a lender.

I do not work with first time home buyers and most of my clients have their own relationships for financing.

If a client wants a recommendation, I provide them with three lenders and let them decide.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
...The only thing asked for in exchange would be to share the leads the system generated and not to give them to another loan officer. ...
I would not give my clients just one lender referral. Either they have their own, or I give them a list to pick from.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
I have a lead generating website already. (Point2) I do recommend lenders - depending on the type of product the buyer needs.

Some lenders have the patience for 1st timers, VA buyers, 203k...and I try my best to match them for a smoother transaction.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:55 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Only if it was with one of the lenders I already use and I would still keep 2 names on my list.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
Simply put, No. I would not be intrested in this type of "deal".

Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
No, probably not. The reason I wouldn't is because I wouldn't want potential customers getting emails, letters or calls for something they don't want or have a need for yet. They don't come to my site to get 'junk mail' from a mortgage provider, they come to my site to learn about the community and look at homes. They come to my site for assistance.. I don't see how I'm assisting them in giving out their information to a mortgage broker or provider. Now... *if* there were a box they could click that they wanted to be contacted, yes. Or, if there was a link from my site that went to yours and they clicked on there because THEY wanted to be contacted, and I knew you were a reputable person that didn't add junk fees or charged the most, sure, I would look at the opportunity.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 AM

46 posts, read 126,260 times
No. I wouldn't feel comfortable referring just one lender. My company site feeds to multiple websites, realtor.com, zillow, trulia and more. No need for that service. I can put 21 pictures on company site and a virtual tour.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:42 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
I wouldn't be interested either, but I am sure a rookie agent would be. I also have the names of several good lenders. The only exclusive referrals I make to one lender are because he is the local guy that can do a special Oregon vet loan program so all my vets go to him. Otherwise, I tell my clients a bit about each lender and their personality and often they talk to three of them and then often one of them just "feels right" tot hem. Matching my clients with a lender that I think is the right personality fit for them is part of what I do.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
No. I generate my own leads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate