Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times

Advertisements

I
Quote:
LOVED Yan Can Cook!! Wonder what happened to him?
I still see him on PBS on Saturday mornings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Oh lots of recipes....Ina Garten's Roast Chicken with Fennel is now the only way I cook roast chicken.

Let's see, Paula Deen, Giada, and Emeril. I have tried a couple of Rachel Ray's not as much one was Chicken Pot Pie without the pie. Basically pot pie filling with biscuits. So not the thirty minutes she claimed it would be but it was good.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Oh lots of recipes....Ina Garten's Roast Chicken with Fennel is now the only way I cook roast chicken.

Let's see, Paula Deen, Giada, and Emeril. I have tried a couple of Rachel Ray's not as much one was Chicken Pot Pie without the pie. Basically pot pie filling with biscuits. So not the thirty minutes she claimed it would be but it was good.
Can you share the recipes with us?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 PM

The Roast Chicken with Fennel (I usually can't find fennel in the grocery store so I just substitute quartered potatoes)

Perfect Roast Chicken Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

Paula Deen Creamy mac and cheese
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Emeril

To many recipes to name. Since moving to Texas we eat a ton of crawfish in the spring so I usually just look up recipes he uses with crawfish. He also has a good one for herbed trout.

Rachel Ray

Chicken in a Pot, No Pie Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network
Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Apples, No Pie, à la Mode

These are just a few....

Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I like Giada's Wild Mushroom Risotto with Peas and her Turkey and Artichoke stuffed shells, Rachael Ray makes a good Cuban spiced pork tenderloin and I also like her spinach and tomato soup. All of these recipes can be found on the food network web site.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM

79 posts, read 319,863 times
I have made Paula Deens Pumpkin Gooey Cake every Thanksgiving since seeing that episode a few years back. I LOVE Paula Deens recipes. I like quick and simple. I printed out some of Emeril's recipes but alot of ingredients and alot of time, so never did make any of them. I got the Deen Brothers Cookbook and tempted to make a few out of that one day.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,500 times
I watch Food Network a lot and have tried many of the recipes from those shows. I usually just go to their website whenever I need one of the recipes. They make them real easy to find by sorting them according to the show host and the date of the show.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:49 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,976 times
I often make dishes I have seen on TV...as far back as Juia Child's old shows!

I made Ina Garten's baked shrimp cocktail recently, it s great. In fact, most of Ina's recipes are down to earth and are things I would cook in an every-day world. Same goes for Tyler Florence...his recipes rock! Tried his "Ultimate Beef Stew" and have adopted it as my own favorite stew recipe. Same goes for his Cornish Hens with Figs and also his Brussels Sprouts with bacon and shallots and balsamic...fantastic.

Alton Brown's Christmas Fruit cake is marvelous too!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Alton Brown's Christmas Fruit cake is marvelous too!

I am not sure about alton brown's recipes. I tried making cinnamon rolls like he did. He "proofed" them in an oven with hot water. So didn't work out for me. I had better luck raising them on the counter than in the oven. I guess I did something wrong.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

285 posts, read 616,407 times
Do it the easy way. Go to foodnetwork.com All of their TV chefs' recipes are available online. They have technique videos, coupons, contests and lots of good recipes. You can do searches by food, TV show, chef, or meal (i. e. dinner with steak in 30 minutes). I've made Ina's scampi several times and Tyler's Ultimate pulled pork is fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes