Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:21 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,809,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Police is on the lookout at Craigslist to fight prostitution, still, those dating sites mentioned here and others, the dating scene, a bar/club scene, etc. is totally legal? Isn't it technically the same thing?
It's a guy trying to get into a woman's pants with his money. It's a woman trying to get into a man's wallet with her sex and personality.

Is that prostitution?

If men didn't like gold-diggers they would go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,525,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I'm so glad women like that aren't into beta manlets. I'd rather be dead than have an entitled golddigger.
I may be able to help you with this. of course I'm going to have to make you pay up front.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,044,512 times
Just a sidenote: I don't see the point in complaining about people who only want to date someone with money. People who have money aren't the ones complaining; they either hang out with others who also have money or they buy what they want, knowing full well that it is purchased. They don't care, why should anyone else? They can spend their money the way they want. It's the ones who don't have the money to buy what (who) they want that are complaining. In other words, if some had that kind of money, they'd be too busy getting what they want to spend it complaining. Money can't buy love--but it does get some a reasonable facsimile, apparently.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:16 PM

78,906 posts, read 61,081,227 times
Quote:
PassTheChocolate & XxBabeeChick,

You girls are crazy .

Oh well, prostitution is just that. ANYTHING exchanged for sex which is normally seen in a street corner at night or a casual fling. Guys, in one way or the other, end up paying for sex. So why make a scandal about prostitution being oooh sooo bad. It's an everyday thing really.
Where prostitution gets bad is where it involves lack of consent and a number of prostitutes are trapped, abused and enslaved into such a role. They've busted at least 2 sex rings around here with women from China and E. Europe who were tricked here and enslaved as such.

There are a number of reasons for people to be attracted to each other. That's for them to work out.

Personally, I would not date a gal that found me attractive mainly for financial purposes...and I wouldn't date a gal that was only good looking.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM

78,906 posts, read 61,081,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Exactly.

It's like when they asked Donald Trump's wife-to-be if she would be with him if he wasn't so rich.

She replied, "Do you think he'd be with me if I weren't so beautiful?"

Of course, the he-man woman haters' club would rather jump on women for being materialistic, ignoring the fact that materialism is driven by shallow men.
Really, anytime someone around here has dating woes the next step is to blame.

They won't date me because.....
-too short, not rich...blah blah evil women
-too heavy, don't like strong women....blah blah evil men

IMO, these are often people frustrated with dating because they can't get what they want and rather than address themselves (which they can control) they play the blame game. When I started dating again I was VERY unhappy with the first 3 months or so efforts. 40lbs later....no problems at all.

Here lies personal responsibility. RIP.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM

9,229 posts, read 16,585,184 times
Quote:
Oh well, prostitution is just that. ANYTHING exchanged for sex which is normally seen in a street corner at night or a casual fling. Guys, in one way or the other, end up paying for sex. So why make a scandal about prostitution being oooh sooo bad. It's an everyday thing really.
I was waiting for someone to come up with this, it was just a matter of time.

I joke about it because it is an utterly ridiculous line of thinking. I'm no hooker, my man doesn't pay me for sex. I don't repay him for dinner with sex. Husbands are not johns and wives are not hookers, well, not because he pays the bills anyway.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,298,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I was waiting for someone to come up with this, it was just a matter of time.

I joke about it because it is an utterly ridiculous line of thinking. I'm no hooker, my man doesn't pay me for sex. I don't repay him for dinner with sex. Husbands are not johns and wives are not hookers, well, not because he pays the bills anyway.
When I hear woman say that their sex ain't free, that how can a guy want sex without taking them out shopping and for dinner first or at least later, etc. When there are women who will hold on sex until their guy puts the toilet seat down, takes out the trash, washes the dishes, buys them something, etc. It's all about "Give me X, and I will reward you with sex". Anything that is exchanged for sex is prostitution. That is, cold hard cash, jewelry, fancy expensive dinner, some shopping, a vacation trip, drugs, an engagement ring, etc.

Now, if it comes down to a woman who is all for equality 100% (not only in the things that benefit her) and she is involved AS MUCH with all kinds of expenses, chivalry, engagement ring, , protection, home improvement, etc. just like her guy would then that is a bit different but how many women would be willing to go for equality in the relationship? See what I mean?

Last edited by onihC; 06-17-2010 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-17-2010, 03:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,326,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Personally, I would not date a gal that found me attractive mainly for financial purposes...
Nothing personal, MG, but are you confident you can always tell...? Because I highly doubt it.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:06 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,298,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
It's a guy trying to get into a woman's pants with his money. It's a woman trying to get into a man's wallet with her sex and personality.

Is that prostitution?

If men didn't like gold-diggers they would go away.
Good poin Childfree. If men didn't like gold-diggers, they would go away. Also, if women didn't sell their sex (prostitution) there wouldn't be men buying them. How can we end this? Maybe with a little bit of equality in relationships .

Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,809,466 times
Quote:
Good poin Childfree. If men didn't like gold-diggers, they would go away. Also, if women didn't sell their sex (prostitution) there wouldn't be men buying them. How can we end this? Maybe with a little bit of equality in relationships .
Equality in relationships.

Do you mean more sex or more money in relationships!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships