Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Way to just lie back and do nothing, JJ.

Yeah, well all I have to do is show up and look preetttyyyy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, now I know I have been doing everything everything for him. Where was Gloria steinem when i needed her?

Next time I "cook" for him Ill leave that red thing on, cover it mayo and see how he likes that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Way to just lie back and do nothing, JJ.
I'm too busy counting my money!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
2mares,
Women said guys shouldn't make it a big deal to order the pizza, take them out on dinners, take them to the movies, take the initiative, be a gentleman, and so on. So if its not that big of a deal, why don't women do it AS WELL? Even a kid can do something like that but a grown up woman with a job and in good health can't?

Quote:
No kidding. See that is how women do everything for men. Men just sit back and expect women to do all the foot work. See how easy it would be for the man to just do it
I was actually saying that TO YOU and your guy who doesn't know how to turn on a computer. All you do is program the payments to be paid automatically with your bank and bingo! Or is that too difficult for you to do? In 1st world countries paying by mail is a bit from the past. I see it in every american bill "save stamps, pay online" kind of thing. I would offer to help you but if you know how to turn on a computer, sign in to an internet forum like this one City Data, search the net, check your email, etc. Then signing in for online monthly automatic payment of bills shouldn't be that difficult, is it?

I would gladly arrange to do the online automatic payment once, and then let technology pay my bills automatically every month, to get the priviledge to freebies: dinners, wine, movies, entertainment, chivalry, protection, etc. And a chance to keep half of what I see if I get bored of the relationship, even if I didn't even contribute a penny. Hey! I wouldn't have to be legally married or anything. Win/Win situation for not a lot of work . Someone approaches me, takes the initiative, feeds me, dines/wines me, offers chivalry, showers me with gifts, I test and make that person work it, etc. I move in, get entitled to half of the assests, etc. I get to arrange online payments once, fix a sanwich or two, etc. Oh, and be nicey. Win/Win situation .

Quote:
My ex got the house we lived in
And let me guess, he didn't contribute anything at all, was terrible, etc., right? Anyways, he still gets to pay you equity.

Quote:
Cooking involves marinating, basting, sauteing, battering, dipping, rolling, chopping, dicing, baking, broiling, boiling, basting and frying. Many of you men believe even if your married and paying 1/2 the expenses, the woman is enjoying living in HIS house. Again, women have to do it all
Like I said before, I am all for EQUALITY. I keep repeating it because women don't seem to get what it means. If both are involved with bringing the paycheck home, both should be involved with everything that has to do with the house, including cooking. See, its pretty bad for men to EXPECT women to do some things at home, right? Why is it totally acceptable for women to expect men to take care of the initiative, planning, chivalry, dinners/wine, romancing, etc.? I think you are understanding what I mean by equality since day #1 now, do you? It doesn't end after the date, doesn't end once you receive your engagement ring, doesn't end once you two move in, nope. It's equality always, no entitlements, no gender card, no, just simple equality were both genders are in the receiving end, both genders contribute in all areas of the relationship.

Still, women bash me for talking about benefiting BOTH GENDERS. Pretty much saying "No, only us women should have all those priviledges, not BOTH genders...you are terrible".

Quote:
I also read there must be a written agreement in order to be awarded palimony. Your point is moot
There are no written agreements and women still receive their nice alimony for dropping the mail in the mailbox or washing a pair of dishes. Works the same with alimony. It can be provided in just a divorce or, yes, written agreement AS WELL.

Quote:
I have no problem implementing some way of insuring child support in fact is spent on the child. It would be difficult.
Reason why many women out there demand ridiculous amounts of child support. Hey! Since nobody is checking them, why not ask for more? The richer the guy, the better deal they get. A woman who ends up marrying a rich guy hits the lottery pretty much. No wonder rich men are highly demanded by women. Those profiles in online dating sites get tons of letters from women. There are 4 in my office building who already scored rich guys. One of them even moved in to his place already.

Still, if a woman didn't spend the money on the child, she just gets a slap on the wrist .

Quote:
But what if these actual expenses were in excess of the average 400/month in awarded cs?
Ask for more, bring the evidence, etc. If not, guy gets sent to jail as it usually happens when they don't provide to the child and exwife.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm too busy counting my money!
Your woman priviledge to be in a relationship, go for it . See, relationships, besides involving a guy doing it all for woman, can be pretty much a career move for women too. No wonder you are counting your money. It's all good, enjoy .

Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Your woman priviledge to be in a relationship, go for it . See, relationships, besides involving a guy doing it all for woman, can be pretty much a career move for women too. No wonder you are counting your money. It's all good, enjoy .
You bet! My tasks for today are:

1. Show up.
2. Look pretty.
3. Count my money.
4. Make a sandwich (Tuesdays and Fridays only).
5. Go to sleep.

I'm sorry you have to fly to Japan to find a woman to split the tab with you. It doesn't seem to be very cost-effective, but what do I know? Math is hard!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
2mares,
Women said guys shouldn't make it a big deal to order the pizza, take them out on dinners, take them to the movies, take the initiative, be a gentleman, and so on. So if its not that big of a deal, why don't women do it AS WELL? Even a kid can do something like that but a grown up woman with a job and in good health can't?
As you have been told over and over, they do!

Quote:
I was actually saying that TO YOU and your guy who doesn't know how to turn on a computer. All you do is program the payments to be paid automatically with your bank and bingo! Or is that too difficult for you to do? In 1st world countries paying by mail is a bit from the past. I see it in every american bill "save stamps, pay online" kind of thing. I would offer to help you but if you know how to turn on a computer, sign in to an internet forum like this one City Data, search the net, check your email, etc. Then signing in for online monthly automatic payment of bills shouldn't be that difficult, is it?
Darlin, I pay my bills on line. I also know how to us the postal service. The point with all this is how you trivalize everything a woman does for a man.

Quote:
I would gladly arrange to do the online automatic payment once, and then let technology pay my bills automatically every month, to get the priviledge to freebies: dinners, wine, movies, entertainment, chivalry, protection, etc. And a chance to keep half of what I see if I get bored of the relationship, even if I didn't even contribute a penny. Hey! I wouldn't have to be legally married or anything. Win/Win situation for not a lot of work . Someone approaches me, takes the initiative, feeds me, dines/wines me, offers chivalry, showers me with gifts, I test and make that person work it, etc. I move in, get entitled to half of the assests, etc. I get to arrange online payments once, fix a sanwich or two, etc. Oh, and be nicey. Win/Win situation .
And I have offered. Not the way he wants to do his business. Sounds like a good situation, Ill bet a lot of women would jump on that too. Too bad men dont do those things.

Quote:
And let me guess, he didn't contribute anything at all, was terrible, etc., right? Anyways, he still gets to pay you equity.
Naw, he paid the utilities. That way he couldnt lie about paying the bills when the juice got turned off. Sure, I got 1/2 equity. Like I keep telling you that is the way division of assets are delt with in divorce. Now youre getting it.

Quote:
Reason why many women out there demand ridiculous amounts of child support. Hey! Since nobody is checking them, why not ask for more? The richer the guy, the better deal they get. A woman who ends up marrying a rich guy hits the lottery pretty much. No wonder rich men are highly demanded by women. Those profiles in online dating sites get tons of letters from women. There are 4 in my office building who already scored rich guys. One of them even moved in to his place already.

Still, if a woman didn't spend the money on the child, she just gets a slap on the wrist .
Women dont demand the amount of cs. There is a formula set by the court based on income on both spouses. Yep, the more $$ and higher standard the more the cs will be.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
As you have been told over and over, they do!
What I keep seeing in the threads is women saying that men should take care of the spending, should be tested, should take the initiative, do the planning, etc. Men who don't do this are stingy, sissies, etc. And so on and on.

Quote:
Darlin, I pay my bills on line. I also know how to us the postal service. The point with all this is how you trivalize everything a woman does for a man
Darling, if you know how to pay bills online, I don't see why you have to drive miles away to a post office when you could either walk a few steps to the mailbox or simply pay them online. You do that online once, and that's it. I would gladly do that once every 1 or 5 years (depending how much an account is used) and get to enjoy the whole package of being in a relationship that women get to enjoy.

Give a person a fish, and he will eat for the day, give a person a fishing pole and they will eat for a lifetime. Teach your man how to arrange online bill-pay. If you want we can look for a YouTube video. There's all kinds of instructional videos in there, I wouldn't be surprised if there are videos that show how to arrange online bill-pay . It will save you all the trouble of clicking a link or two to have a company take care of the payments as long as you use their services.

Quote:
And I have offered. Not the way he wants to do his business. Sounds like a good situation, Ill bet a lot of women would jump on that too.
A lot of women jump on that opportunity as well, its called dating, relationships, etc. You get the whole package that only women enjoy but don't offer, the chance to keep 50% of you see around you if you simply get bored of him, etc. All you have to do is first show up, later on along the road, maybe arrange online paying (like in your case) once a year, fix a meal or two, and you're good to go .

Quote:
Sure, I got 1/2 equity. Like I keep telling you that is the way division of assets are delt with in divorce. Now youre getting it.
Oh sure. That is why I told you how easy is for women to move with a guy, get bored, and snatch away everything in site. Remember how I mentioned palimony and cohabitation before? Win/Win situation for women to be in relationships, actually, a career move. No wonder the topic of how to make a man propose is quite common among women.

Quote:
Yep, the more $$ and higher standard the more the cs will be.
Interesting how women don't want to be with a man, yet, they want him to continue giving her the same or higher standard of living.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Onihc, I don't do online banking. I want the control of paying less if I come up a little short. Or not at all.

"You'll get paid when you come out here and fix it."

Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
The court determines the amount of child support. Custodial parents do not ask for any specific amount, it is determined by the court.

> That is why I told you how easy is for women to move with a guy, get bored, and snatch away everything in site.

It works both ways for both genders. The court does not consider gender when it makes its determination (that would be unlawful). It looks at a custodial parent verses a non-custodial parent. The non-custodial parent (of either gender) pays child support to the custodial parent (of either gender).

My sister has a joint custody arrangement with her ex-husband. She pays him alimony and child support because he was an "artist" (translation = unemployable) and she was the primary provider for the family.

My best girlfriend is a doctor. She paid her ex-husband a large sum in alimony because her salary was significantly larger than his.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
^And if kids aren't involved, the courts usually don't care in the first place. You go your own separate ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships