Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:01 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
neither cheating nor abuse existed?

So if those two categories were forever banned and it never were to happen in relationship then wouldn't it erase stereotypes, negative attitude towards the opposite sex and everyone would get along fine?

Without those two pain killers, I'm positive sure there would less break-ups and divorce rates would decrease greatly.
I disagree.

I think most divorces happen due to personality clashes and unreasonable behaviour. Behaviour that just makes living with that person intolerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:02 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No. I've never had a problem with either one (I assume when you say abuse you mean physical abuse). It doesn't mean the relationship will work, much less be perfect.
^^^This.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:50 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Gee, I think there's a host of other good reasons to divorce. My first marriage didn't involve either and really sucked. (Maybe some "mental abuse" could be sited, depending on what you include as mental abuse.)

There was no love from her for 20 years. No sex for about 12 years. No intimate conversations. We got along fine as friends, but I wanted more. I think there are even more wives who complain about a lack of intimacy, being ignored, etc. Poor financial management is a big one, as is dependency on drugs and alcohol. The list goes on and on.
Exactly. It's things that build up until one thinks "life is too short" and one party offs and leaves.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:35 PM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
Please! I've been in relationships with both physical/mental/verbal abuse, cheating, and incompatibility. There are still a lot of reasons for relationships to turn to crap, like when people hate your mother, or when people are just with you for your money or looks. yotta yotta yotta, you know what I mean, cheating & abuse aren't the only things that crumble a relationship.

But yes, I guess break up rates would drop a bit, but relationships would probably never be perfect even if you take away all of what I put above.

Jessie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships