Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,126 times

Advertisements

So I started seeing this guy a bit here and there, then got all shy and avoiding here and there, then this past 2 weeks we finally got together, and he has slept over ever night since then, but isn't "hitting on me" really, we mostly watch movies and fall asleep snuggling....

He has already been man enough to put up with two of my ladies nights, and met all of my sweet and super nerdy best group of friends in the world, and still seems interested, and then two times now he has brought a few of his guy friends over, and still seems interested after their input....

Well, this weekend he is bringing his munchkin over for the weekend, so is this kinda making me more of an officaial "girlfriend" now do you think???

I know I am an insecure woosie after 7 years in a very abusive relationship, so it is really hard for me to trust..... he does hold my hand in public too, talks about family etc....

Should I just give in and let myself enjoy this now? Stop having my guard up with him.... I am SOOOO afraid of getting hurt, and the thought of letting him in is making tears stream down my face...

I am so ready to be loved after being treated so badly for so long, yet petrified as well.

So guys, do you think it is probly safe to say he is truly interested and I don't have to be paranoid he is some player?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Should I just give in and let myself enjoy this now? Stop having my guard up with him.... I am SOOOO afraid of getting hurt, and the thought of letting him in is making tears stream down my face...
Are they tears of joy or pain from your bagage?
IMO if you are still having doubts take it slow. I dont know how long you have been seeing each other but no need to rush into anything.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are they tears of joy or pain from your bagage?
IMO if you are still having doubts take it slow. I dont know how long you have been seeing each other but no need to rush into anything.

tears of joy and disbelief that I found such a good guy.

We are both in the same boat too, I just lost weight after being the fat girl for so long, and he has allways been the fat guy and just got in shape, so we are both two scared people who are used to being the wall flowers and not the daters or players, so it is really kinda neat how we found each other in the same playing ground with no idea about the opposite sex and kinda shy etc....

I am glad we are taking it so slow, but when he met my five year old yesterday, and now I am meeting his two year old, I feel so honored, like mabey it is finally my turn for love....

That last sentence made me start cying again, lol.... what a sap!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
I hope everything works out great for all of you. It is refreshing to hear the good relationships and hear from happy people.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Thank you! It is just something that I need to share, and hey it sure is scary at first, so just feeling it out I guess.

I have been the matchmaker for so long and seen a lot of my matches get married, have kids, or at least be head over heels, so it is really weird that it might actually be my turn....

Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
If he is introducing you to his kids, that means he is interested in you.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean it will work out, but the process is moving in the right direction. Proceed at a rate you are comfortable with.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
So I started seeing this guy a bit here and there, then got all shy and avoiding here and there, then this past 2 weeks we finally got together, and he has slept over ever night since then, but isn't "hitting on me" really, we mostly watch movies and fall asleep snuggling....

He has already been man enough to put up with two of my ladies nights, and met all of my sweet and super nerdy best group of friends in the world, and still seems interested, and then two times now he has brought a few of his guy friends over, and still seems interested after their input....

Well, this weekend he is bringing his munchkin over for the weekend, so is this kinda making me more of an officaial "girlfriend" now do you think???

I know I am an insecure woosie after 7 years in a very abusive relationship, so it is really hard for me to trust..... he does hold my hand in public too, talks about family etc....

I am so ready to be loved after being treated so badly for so long, yet petrified as well.

So guys, do you think it is probly safe to say he is truly interested and I don't have to be paranoid he is some player?
IMO, it sure is starting to look that way. Unless he is a patient player, most would have given up already but not all! You should allow him to show his interest in you and hang out with the kid. BTW, has he hoisted ya up on his shoulders yet hon? That is what I would have done!LOL...... She is so little and cute!LOL........ Anyway, enough of me razzing you and good luck with this fella!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
IMO, it sure is starting to look that way. Unless he is a patient player, most would have given up already but not all! You should allow him to show his interest in you and hang out with the kid. BTW, has he hoisted ya up on his shoulders yet hon? That is what I would have done!LOL...... She is so little and cute!LOL........ Anyway, enough of me razzing you and good luck with this fella!

thank ya! No shoulders yet... sounds fun though.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Shoulders? Are shoulders the new thighs?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
thank ya! No shoulders yet... sounds fun though.
If you have a rugged one it is coming?LOL......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships