Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 AM

4 posts, read 4,362 times

Advertisements

who should say sorry for breaking up?

the ones who read this article ,pls make some noise here!.tell me what do u think ?im confused!

I'm a university student and like shopping online much ,especially clothes.it's not becos i can't afford buying branded stuff .I just prefer online shopping .

But I have a boyfriend doing exactly the other way.He likes branded stuff.and he always tells me not to buy those cheap clothes online.we argue on it sometimes. The reason I got from him is that if his friends know me buying those "trash" clothes, they would look down on him.well!crap!I think it's funny,but i like him anyway.It's okay ,i can buy a bit less.

he knows I can't change my online shopping habbit.And finally we agree that I only buy stuff on the website of my best chinese friends gave me .it's really a cool one!

And here is an example: when My favourite site is doing sales promotion for 3 years' anniversary, I call my best friend telling her to shop with me!But does that mean a waste of money while he is actually buying branded stuff without any hesitation!??

one day,gues what!!!he told me to break up.Asking why? with tears,the anwser is which you already know!

who should say sorry? me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 AM

3 posts, read 3,142 times
Your ex-boyfriend is a shallow jerk and you're better off without him. Some guys are obsessed with clothing and brands... most are not. You'll find someone that will treat you with the respect you deserve.

and Welcome to city-data.com,

Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,318 times
You shouldn't really change to meet someone's needs unless it's something harmful or along those lines. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying really cheap stuff. Better to save money than to blow it on something overpriced.
Your ex's friends are pretty shallow, honestly. I don't know why he was friends with them.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:46 AM

3 posts, read 3,142 times
Most guys really arent that obsessed with clothes. But I doubt he broke up with you over clothes, sounds like it just wasnt working for him. If he really did break up with you over clothes then he is pretty immature and you deserve much better then that. I doubt many guys think that way

Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 AM

4 posts, read 4,362 times
So confused!
I'm a girl,do you boys think like my boyfriend thinks?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
I see a red flag first of all - are you a shop-aholic? Do you buy things just to buy them. Do you buy in excess amounts all the time or a lot of stuff all the time because you think it costs less? Do you shop once a day, once a week, once a month? This habit is akin to dating a gambler - it's an addiction. The first sentence of your post says 'I like online shopping much' and 'he knows I can't change my online shopping habit'- that sends up a huge red flag to me. You've just said yourself it's a habit and you can't change it.

He may be shopping for quality and you are shopping for quantity. Shopping for quantity usually indicates trying to fill some sort of emotional hole. I, myself only do minimal shopping maybe twice a year and learned long, long ago that quality will beat quantity everytime. I didn't always think that way, but simply looking in my closet at what has lasted the longest (like years and years) and is still in style wasn't cheap.

I don't see anything in your post relative to it's title as to "Who should say sorry about a breakup" but my answer to that is no one. It's something that happens and happens for a reason at the time.

Last edited by Thursday007; 07-16-2010 at 04:39 AM..

Old 07-16-2010, 06:03 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Kick your looser boyfriend to the curb.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:26 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,818,906 times
I wish my wife wasn't worried about branded clothes lol

Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
This sounds like a manuscript proposal for an episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians".

If he wants to break-up with you because you shop for online bargains, and he insists on rockin' the designer labels, just think what'll happen if you ever come down with a serious illness or end up scarred for life from a car accident. Not a likely scenario, but this doesn't sound like a guy who will stand by your side through the good and the bad. Why waste your tears on someone like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships