Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times

Advertisements

Travel'r, you know women, that's for sure.

Hoosier, you wouldn't fail if you went with Travel'r's ideas. A nice piece of jewelery or dinner too would be a plus, but a gift like that....man, I'd melt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 03:12 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
One idea that has come to mind is to take her to Lake Louise in Canada...just above Montana. She used to go there when she was a kid and has always told stories of how much she loved it. Only problem I foresee is the drive in March through Montana and Canada. We love cold weather so maybe even a mountain retreat would be fun. Keep the ideas coming as it sure is helping me!! Thank you all.
I was going to suggest renting a cabin for the weekend actually since you are in the land of lakes and so close to Canada.. Maybe something with a big hot tub and a fireplace with a bear skin rug. Sounds gorgeous!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hoosier, how are you going to choose from all these terrific ideas??? FLdreamer, I'm there!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:10 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
I'd like to take all of you on these fun trips...an alas it wouldn't be romantic...even with CD running in the background. I remember exactly where we ate, we we had to eat and the entire day. It was a lunch date that morphed into the entire day. She did have a Chatty Cathy doll. That would be fun to do! I do have to take some of these ideas for her birthday which is only three months after our anniversary...and her 40th b'day!

Love the cabin and fireplace idea. There's a great place in the Dells that could possibly work...just have to find a place for the kids for the weekend.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:59 AM

356 posts, read 1,179,255 times
If you like the outdoors, there are several bed and Breakfasts in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, several nice cabins also.
Places to Stay in Eureka Springs, Arkansas (http://www.eurekasprings.org/places-to-stay/detail.asp?id=71 - broken link)

Our favorite, is the Benton Place, be sure to book early, and the Benton Suite.
The Benton Place named one of Inn Travelers "Most Intimate Places" in America!Arkansas Luxury Lodging: Where memories are made at the Benton Place Inn, Eureka Springs, AR
Eureka Springs, Arkansas in the Beautiful Ozark Mountains

I would also suggest Maroma Mexico. South of Cancun, it is secluded and very romantic. A great place to give her the diamond tennis bracelet...

Mexico II (http://www.honeymoons.com/RivieraMaya.html - broken link)

El Dorado Royale Resort, Hotel, All Inclusive, hotel information, online reservations, Punta Maroma Mayan Riviera Mexico Travel Guide (http://www.si-mexico.com/hotels/mayan_riviera/el_dorado_royale/el_dorado_royale.htm - broken link)

CATALONIA PLAYA MAROMA HOTEL

Mexico Hotel - Guest Comments - Maroma Orient-Express Resort and Spa (http://www.maroma-mexico.com/guest.htm - broken link)

Good luck.....

Old 06-24-2007, 08:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Hot air Ballooning with Champagne breakfast or something similarly unforgettable ( Spa, a nice luxurious break away etc..). In terms of object I like the Welsh Love spoons ( a traditional carved wooden heart-shaped spoon which can be engraved with dates, names etc..) . It is a very old tradition ( men would carve it out for their beloved as a symbol of Love ). They have a lot of different symbols , all with different meanings. Google "Loves poons" ( my favourite is the Lovespoon Gallery in Mumbles, Wales). You can order online and they ship to anywhere in the world. A very unique and unusual gift. Have a fantastic time whatever you decide.
Lovespoons @ THE LOVESPOON GALLERY MUMBLES SWANSEA WALES.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hot air Ballooning with Champagne breakfast or something similarly unforgettable ( Spa, a nice luxurious break away etc..). In terms of object I like the Welsh Love spoons ( a traditional carved wooden heart-shaped spoon which can be engraved with dates, names etc..) . It is a very old tradition ( men would carve it out for their beloved as a symbol of Love ). They have a lot of different symbols , all with different meanings. Google "Loves poons" ( my favourite is the Lovespoon Gallery in Mumbles, Wales). You can order online and they ship to anywhere in the world. A very unique and unusual gift. Have a fantastic time whatever you decide.
Lovespoons @ THE LOVESPOON GALLERY MUMBLES SWANSEA WALES.
Love the ideas! And that is a cool website. I've saved it in my favorites. I think hot air ballooning would be so much fun. I'd have to get over my initial fear, but think it would be lots of fun!! Thank you.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
AWWW....Hoos you sound like an old romantic fool, that all us women would die for I think you should be giving lessons in "wife appreciation" Sounds like no matter what you decide your wife will love it

Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Love the ideas! And that is a cool website. I've saved it in my favorites. I think hot air ballooning would be so much fun. I'd have to get over my initial fear, but think it would be lots of fun!! Thank you.

You're welcome ! You can also get Lovespoons for other occasions such as Christenings, Weddings etc... And no I do not have a share in the business !

Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,882,949 times
Your idea was a great one. We are on year six and we said at ten we would relive our honeymoon. If you can you should try and do a trip, but tell her nothing. It really makes it so much more fun if you can blindside her with your romantic self. Part of the fun is bragging later to your friends about how you did it all by yourself and she didn't know. You mentioned that she likes Country and Christian music. A trip to Nashville could be really fun for her. I live in Texas now, but just moved from Nashville. There is so much to do there. Just a thought. I don't think you need to worry to much, you seem like a guy who will get it right!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships