Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:14 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times

Advertisements

I run the mechanical and electrical "house" but DW runs the kitchen. This corresponds to our individual expertise, each benefits from the other's "hardcore knowledge".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i do but i live alone.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
That's right, I'm the "Master of My Domain"

Than again, I'm single.........

Who's the main decision maker in your house? Why?

Me
Since Im the one paying my own bills
My boyfriend and I have seperate apts.
We spend time at each place
But its my pent-house
I call it that since I live on the top floor the 3rd floor..lol

Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Shame on you!

Does he have any say in the household matters?
Of course he has a say in houshold matters. I am not a controlling tyrant by any means but I'm also a strong willed woman. If I want something, I will work VERY hard to persuade him to see things my way. I have to say....it works most of the time.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Of course he has a say in houshold matters. I am not a controlling tyrant by any means but I'm also a strong willed woman. If I want something, I will work VERY hard to persuade him to see things my way. I have to say....it works most of the time.
Most of the time........what methods do you use that work most of the time?

Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Most of the time........what methods do you use that work most of the time?
We actually agree on alot of things so it's not very often we find ourselves at an impass. He trusts my judgement and I trust his. When we can't agree, I point out the benefits/detriments of such and he does the same.

However, my profession is in sales and I generally end up convincing him. ....batting my eyelashes and pouting helps too!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
We actually agree on alot of things so it's not very often we find ourselves at an impass. He trusts my judgement and I trust his. When we can't agree, I point out the benefits/detriments of such and he does the same.

However, my profession is in sales and I generally end up convincing him. ....batting my eyelashes and pouting helps too!
LOL.............I guess those methods would work on me too.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
That's right, I'm the "Master of My Domain"

Than again, I'm single.........

Who's the main decision maker in your house? Why?
That's funny.

Back when I was married we generally just had division of labor. If something was important to the other they generally got what they wanted.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:08 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Rather than contend for dominance, remember this: when neither of you wears any pants, good things often happen!

Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Rather than contend for dominance, remember this: when neither of you wears any pants, good things often happen!
I don't think anyone on this forum is looking for dominance. That's a very strong word.

Most would probably agree their spouse is better at doing some things and vice versa. I see nothing wrong with that in a relationship.

If I do get married, I hope she has great taste because I am terrible at picking out household items that look nice. I know what I like but I don't have the confidence to make the selections.

I'd be more than happy to let my wife have that task all to herself.

I think a lot of couples function like that. Seems to have worked for my parents for over 40 years.

I would say "the art of compromise" is the phrase that pays in a long successful relationship.

Last edited by Ron.; 07-30-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships