Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM

389 posts, read 777,281 times

Advertisements

WOW that is sad.

This is what I'm talkin' about when I say that people are too dependent on technology. haha, everyone says I'm wrong. But look @ that mess. Kids writing emales to people that is unrightfully called "Pen Pal." It's PEN pal, not keyboard pal. Hot Damn it!

Jessie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My kids have them through school...but they use email now instead of pen and paper.
See that's what I was thinking. Not to mention safer. You are not giving out your address.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
It butters my bread.
I know what you are saying. But in the past I had penpals. And it was rather exciting getting a handwritten letter. I don't know maybe I'm weird but I liked it.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,635,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I saw in the personal ads that someone was seeking for a person to be a pen-pal? Really? People still do this?
People in prison do. They usually don't have access to the internet. If a person is looking for love its important to explore all avenues.

Prison Inmates | Prisoners Seeking Pen Pals - PrisonInmates.com (http://prisoninmates.com/homepage.php - broken link)

Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
In highschool I had a french foreign exchange student. We wrote for a couple of years once she went back home. I wish we had kept in touch - like someone else said, it is great for the language skills as well as the exposure to another world.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
People in prison do. They usually don't have access to the internet. If a person is looking for love its important to explore all avenues.

Prison Inmates | Prisoners Seeking Pen Pals - PrisonInmates.com (http://prisoninmates.com/homepage.php - broken link)
No THANK-YOU!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I know what you are saying. But in the past I had penpals. And it was rather exciting getting a handwritten letter. I don't know maybe I'm weird but I liked it.
I can't read cursive. I think I was changing schools when we learned that. My brother can't read good..he missed phonics.

I like getting hand written notes from an SO....that I can agree with.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
In highschool I had a french foreign exchange student. We wrote for a couple of years once she went back home. I wish we had kept in touch - like someone else said, it is great for the language skills as well as the exposure to another world.
Exactly in my 20's I had a foreign pen-pal. He sent me pictures of his country, currency, and cigarettes? Lmao! I didn't smoke! He wrote on his countries paper with his language. He was a soldier too.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
WOW that is sad.

This is what I'm talkin' about when I say that people are too dependent on technology. haha, everyone says I'm wrong. But look @ that mess. Kids writing emales to people that is unrightfully called "Pen Pal." It's PEN pal, not keyboard pal. Hot Damn it!

Jessie
Well, times have changed...sorry to say. Surely you listen to music differently than you did 20-30 years ago, right?

My kids write thank you notes and letters to their grandparents but they email their foreign penpals...

Old 07-25-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I can't read cursive. I think I was changing schools when we learned that. My brother can't read good..he missed phonics.

I like getting hand written notes from an SO....that I can agree with.

Cursive is hard to decipher with all the bad handwriting. My cursive is hard for my son to read, because of being an artist. I have the tendency to mix, calligraphy, topography, and real cursive together. I usually print for him.

Hmmm...since I'm a optimistic , I wouldn't care. I analyze everything and weight pros and cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships