Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
We're actually not sleeping together right now. She went to bed about 5 hours ago, gets up at 6:00 AM to get ready for work, and I've been on my exercise bike for 2 hours of that time and catching up on the internet ever since. I haven't slept a minute!
You need more horizontal dancing exercise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 11:33 PM

972 posts, read 542,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Men in their 40s haven't lost interest at all. It's just that they aren't idiots about sex and women anymore. A 25 year old man will put up with all sorts of shenanigans, manipulation and drama if he thinks there's a good chance he will get laid that night. A 45 year old man isn't going to sit around putting up with that anymore, he doesn't feel he needs sex that badly, so he'd rather go home and have his peace and quiet. They are very much as interested as ever, but if you aren't a pain in the ass.
This pegs it, at least for me.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:52 PM

^^^^ I agree. OngletNYC has it exactly right. That's the way I feel too.

I am surely interested in women but I'm looking for a LTR, not a quick piece. I've already proven that celibacy is not a fatal disease. I'm sure I'll get the cure, probably soon. I see no way I won't find the love of my life by 2019 at the latest. I'll be with her longer than I'll have any interest in sex, maybe 85-90 by then. My sex drive works just as well as it always has and my T-level is fine. I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

I have plenty of time, plenty of money, plenty of friends, a satisfying number of first dates. I have it made in the shade.

I'll go rep Onglet for the post.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:15 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
What OngletNYC said. Thats what I was saying, but Onglet said it better.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
What OngletNYC said. Thats what I was saying, but Onglet said it better.

Yeah, that was pretty spot on. Good post.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:21 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

By Joe N.

"I am sixty two and have a healthy libido, but have talked to many men (over a hundred) who freely admit that they lost interest in women by age forty. They are not gay males, just turned off towards women. Something about the male female games seemed to turn them off and they would just as soon have a date with their left hand. I know that sounds crude, but it is a reality for many men.

What do you think it is?

The definition in society world wide is that a man is a provider. Could these men be disinterested in being a provider? Could the responsibility associated with having to provide for a family be driving them away from women?

Could it be that they have just met too many artificial women who have turned them off to women in general?

Any other ideas?"

Please discuss?

PS- I DID NOT write this NOR am I saying I agree or disagree with it.

As a 56-year-old man, I think Joe N. is pretty much an idiot.

Desire is a product of hormones coursing through your system, not some weird, phony-baloney pseudo-intellectual construct of gender roles.

If you read that nonsense and agree with it, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:40 AM

BTW I did rep Onglet. — Joe N. is right too, for some men. Some of my male BFFs are that way: "Women are just too much trouble."

I don't agree with Joe or my friends but I'm glad I'm not like them. There's a significant MGTOWs out there who have too many battle scars and probably low T-level.

For one example, one buddy is 72 and was a soft drink addict. He got fat and went insulin resistant, then full type 2 diabetes (gotta inject). He admits he can't even get an erection. He is very sour about women and has no interest. — I've told him for decades to quit drinking that crap, lose some weight, get some exercise. He's a funny guy but he effed his life over. I'm glad I'm not him!

Another buddy same age, thin, never drank soft drinks, went type 2 anyway. He's very happily married, I haven't asked him about his sex life but he loves is wife.

There is no single story for men over 40. As far as myself, I've never done better. We didn't have OLD when I was 40 but now I'm having the best dating year of my life. I think I'll be in an exclusive relationship in several months if my present success continues. Thank the gods for OLD!

Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
For one example, one buddy is 72 and was a soft drink addict. He got fat and went insulin resistant, then full type 2 diabetes (gotta inject). He admits he can't even get an erection. He is very sour about women and has no interest. — I've told him for decades to quit drinking that crap, lose some weight, get some exercise. He's a funny guy but he effed his life over. I'm glad I'm not him!
Soda is horrible. So glad I gave that crud up long ago. Lost a ton of weight. I was a Mountain Dew addict for most of my 20s. People need to dump that junk.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Soda is horrible. So glad I gave that crud up long ago. Lost a ton of weight. I was a Mountain Dew addict for most of my 20s. People need to dump that junk.
I gave up soda in my teens, and never had more than 2 a day. Beer was much better (got a 6-pack?). I can't remember the last time I had a soda, I don't understand ppl who get hooked. Do sodas have drugs? ... Caffeine for one. And for some, sugar. For others the artificial sweeteners may cause harm.

It seems that the "sweet" taste has some of the same bodily responses even when calories are not involved, and cancer causing too some of them.

You have a problem with sodas if you drink a 12-pack a day. That won't end well for you.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:32 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Originally Posted by OngletNYC

"Men in their 40s haven't lost interest at all. It's just that they aren't idiots about sex and women anymore. A 25 year old man will put up with all sorts of shenanigans, manipulation and drama if he thinks there's a good chance he will get laid that night. A 45 year old man isn't going to sit around putting up with that anymore, he doesn't feel he needs sex that badly, so he'd rather go home and have his peace and quiet. They are very much as interested as ever, but if you aren't a pain in the ass."

And this just increases even more when you reach the 50's. I still look back at some of the ridiculous things I put up with in my twenties. Some who expected me to chase endlessly and jump through hoop after hoop to somehow prove I was worthy of their time. Of course that was well before OLD which if used correctly you can weed out a lot of that nonsense. Nowadays, if there is even the slightest hint of game-playing I'd be gone. Luckily I found a gem who is even more of a straight-shooter than me. She says what's on her mind and expects the same thing in return. Very refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships