Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,257,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I care about animals AND people.
While I certainly don't expect everyone and anyone to be capable of this, it's surprising that it's such a mystery for some.

Any way, here's a pick of Halley tonight dealing with the heat. Clearly, she could give a fig about the naysayer's here.

Singles who are "in love" with their pet(s)... good "relationship material" (or not)?-halley.jpg

Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,810,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I would just like to point out that it's possible to care about animals AND humans at the same time. The bonds that people have with their pets can be very strong and very beneficial for both the human and the animal.

Most of my volunteer work over the years has been (and continues to be) with animals. However, people benefit from this as well. I once briefly fostered a beagle who had nowhere else to go, and a not so fun case of separation anxiety. He was adopted by a family that had a young boy. When the family adopted him, the boy told us that Buddy was going to be his friend and that he didn't have any friends because other kids make fun of him. It almost made me cry when I heard that. There's something special about a boy and his dog.

I also donate money to human causes when I can. I support cancer research, the lung association, JDRF and other causes. I sent money for Haiti. I buy wrapping paper and other crap from my friends' kids to support their schools. Those of you who don't like animals may think I have a mental illness because I let them sleep in my bed, but I assure you there is nothing wrong with my human relationships. I care about animals AND people.
Later in life, would you mandate the husband sleep with you and the dog too???

Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,578,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Later in life, would you mandate the husband sleep with you and the dog too???
I'm not into bestiality and I've already stated I won't kick my dog out of the bed. The last man who slept in my bed had no problem with it.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
While I certainly don't expect everyone and anyone to be capable of this, it's surprising that it's such a mystery for some.

Any way, here's a pick of Halley tonight dealing with the heat. Clearly, she could give a fig about the naysayer's here.

Attachment 67690
That face! She's precious.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,810,368 times
Quote:
I'm not into bestiality and I've already stated I won't kick my dog out of the bed. The last man who slept in my bed had no problem with it.
I wasn't hinting at bestiality at all, in the least.

But is it "actually" a requirement that the dog always sleeps in your bed and your dude will have to share his bed with two life forms??

Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I wasn't hinting at bestiality at all, in the least.

But is it "actually" a requirement that the dog always sleeps in your bed and your dude will have to share his bed with two life forms??
My dogs can choose where they want to sleep. If that's in my bed, so be it. I wouldn't kick them out. The man who is right for me loves dogs just as much as I do and would have no problem with this.

Honestly, the "problem" is not the beagle in the bed, it's my other dog's snoring. LOL

Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,347,173 times
Quote:
My dogs can choose where they want to sleep. If that's in my bed, so be it. I wouldn't kick them out. The man who is right for me loves dogs just as much as I do and would have no problem with this.

Honestly, the "problem" is not the beagle in the bed, it's my other dog's snoring. LOL
Well, liking/loving dogs and sleeping with dogs every single night are most likely two quite different concepts to many people. If you do online dating, it's probably best to mention this fact in your profile. It'll save you and many men a lot of wasted time.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, liking/loving dogs and sleeping with dogs every single night are most likely two quite different concepts to many people. If you do online dating, it's probably best to mention this fact in your profile. It'll save you and many men a lot of wasted time.
I don't do online dating, so no need to worry.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,347,173 times
Quote:
I don't do online dating, so no need to worry.
Actually, I think it's best mentioned early on in any dating situation.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,257,786 times
Our dog is pretty small, and she's typically under the covers at the foot of the bed. One of the cat's, Xeno, will end up in the bed as well. Usually, on the dh's pillow lol. Xeno is his cat, so his problem. Our other cat is always off by herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships