Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times

Advertisements

I just started a new job and so I'm learning the new computer system and I'm so nervous that I cannot concentrate and I am dizzy and slow and have a rushing in my head. I am very experienced at my job and the people believe that I'm some kind of super employee when actually I'm struggling to maintain a standing position. I barely feel like I am going to make it through the day and am so scared of being critisized. I'm not sure if this is what I have always been like or if my past issues are finally coming through....I don't know if they are going to end up firing me because they will discover I suck and I'm mortified
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
You have an anxiety disorder. Go to your Dr. and get something for it.

You'll be right as rain in a few weeks.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You have an anxiety disorder. Go to your Dr. and get something for it.

You'll be right as rain in a few weeks.
I dispense meds what meds do you think would be in order?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
If you have a good manager, they already know that nobody can possibly hope to understand the exact environment for weeks (unless it's simple). Sometimes it can take months to bring a good employee up to speed so that they can be a fully capable member of a team.

For a while you can blame any mistakes on not knowing the environment. The system may be similar, but the environment is rarely the same. It's very realistic. Just don't make excuses for yourself or you will start to look like someone who... makes excuses....

From an employer's perspective, just be in control of the system and the situation, if any.

By the way, therapy, medications, and counseling are the wrong route to take. Alcohol does more than any of those things could ever do, and solves the problem in one night. FWIW.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
If you have a good manager, they already know that nobody can possibly hope to understand the exact environment for weeks (unless it's simple). Sometimes it can take months to bring a good employee up to speed so that they can be a fully capable member of a team.

For a while you can blame any mistakes on not knowing the environment. The system may be similar, but the environment is rarely the same. It's very realistic. Just don't make excuses for yourself or you will start to look like someone who... makes excuses....

From an employer's perspective, just be in control of the system and the situation, if any.

By the way, therapy, medications, and counseling are the wrong route to take. Alcohol does more than any of those things could ever do, and solves the problem in one night. FWIW.

No alcohol for me! I think part of my issues stem from my husband who is now sober, but, years of me hiding and enabling him have taken their toll I think and the stress is massive

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I don't know how to help myself this is why I'm asking. I have tried for so long, but, it is getting so I can't hold it together any longer. I just started working longer hours and while this is a common feeling I usually feel like I know what I'm doing at my job. I don't want to walk out of my job, but, this could happen.
What exactly is your role?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
I dispense meds what meds do you think would be in order?
It runs in my family. Your Dr. has plenty of options. Change is usually the reason for an anxiety disorder to appear.

My last reaction was about 5 years ago. We moved, our son went away to college, I changed careers, we had some problems with the new house.

Everything was fine, until about 2 months later. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt much the same as you. After some trials with different meds, I was back to normal.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post

I agree with 43north... It sounds like you are panicking. Everyone, and I mean everyone realizes that it can be overwhelming and confusing when trying to learn a new system or whatever. Try to accept that there are going to be mistakes, or the feeling that you are taking too much time to learn it, etc. Honestly, everyone goes through this. Try to remember this and chuckle and just relaaaax... Trust me, they'll understand.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 09-06-2010 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Added

Old 09-06-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
What exactly is your role?
I'm a pharmacy technician. When you fill a prescription you probably drop it off and pick it up with the tech. The pharmacist is the one who is responsible for checking the RX and overseeing everything. I just started with this drugstore six days ago after working for the same comany for 10 years and I am freaked out. I have always been an amazing tech and my new employeers are expecting me to be amazing, but, I am so not amazing They confided in me that I make more money than anybody else even though they are training me and this is weighing very heavy on me.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
I'm a pharmacy technician. When you fill a prescription you probably drop it off and pick it up with the tech. The pharmacist is the one who is responsible for checking the RX and overseeing everything. I just started with this drugstore six days ago after working for the same comany for 10 years and I am freaked out. I have always been an amazing tech and my new employeers are expecting me to be amazing, but, I am so not amazing They confided in me that I make more money than anybody else even though they are training me and this is weighing very heavy on me.
Obviously your job is a very important one. That only adds to the stress. In addressing the bolded part, you must have been good to last at the previous job for 10 years. Again, it's fine for them to train you, no doubt you will pick things up and show them just how good at your job you are. Try to sit back and consider that for a moment. It's obvious, by your posting here, that you care a great deal about doing a good job. I think if you sit back and think about it, you'll realize that you are as intelligent, caring and dedicated as you need to be to perform this work productively.

I wish you all the best. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships