Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It's just a number. You should base your life decisions on your feelings and not on what the calendar says.

If you "click" then you would be doing yourself and him a disservice to avoid a relationship solely based upon age.

20yrsinBranson
I am starting to think that.... there have been many times in the past I have turned people down, only to see them be stand up guys in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
he is just so sweet and caring.... h hasn't been jaded yet, he does the little stuff. No a bitter bone in his body towards women...

Last night all these young hotties were hitting on him, and I was like, "go for it, don't let me hold you back", and he turned every single one down without batting an eyelash.... he just wasn't inerested, where any older guys I would have been with would have been hiding it, or sneeking in their numbr or at leasting flirting behind my back..... he straight up said, pointing to me, "I really just want to hang put with HER"..... it was the sweetest thing ever.
WTH... enjoy it while it lasts then!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Antlered and Chowhound are obviously not guys who enjoy older women...guys who do are a breed apart...I'm not referring to guys who are just out to bed a MILF or something -- there are men who truly enjoy the pleasures that a more mature woman brings to the table. I know several long term relationships who began at just about the ages the OP references (his and hers)...to each his own, but guys don't make assumptions based on your own preferences.
I've been with a few older women, my SO is 6 yrs older than me.

I do enjoy older women, I lust after Valerie Bertinelli she's in her 50's a good ten yrs older than me, matter of fact Mrs. Chowhound as well as the rest of this forum is probably tired of hearing me lust after Ms. Bertinelli.

So I ain't making any assumptions based on preferences, all am saying is 9 times out of 10 an age difference like that doesn't last with the guy being that young doesn't really work, but, like I posted, good luck to her, no ill will.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
WTH... enjoy it while it lasts then!
Good advice...

If it lasts great....

If it don't, its a good story to tell the grandchildren..... LOL

Old 09-11-2010, 12:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Well, last night he told me he was 21, and I was seriously shocked! I told him his friend said he was 26 this whole time and I thought he was turning 27..... he said his friend lied to get to know me and my friends, and he is actually turning 22... well, HE never lied, he has known my age all along and that I have a 5 year old, and loves my kittens etc and gets along with my friends... he allways just fit in and I never thought anything of it.
What about you and your kid? Do you guys fit in with his friends and family and all that? Or are you kept seperate from all that...

Old 09-11-2010, 04:39 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
he is just so sweet and caring.... h hasn't been jaded yet, he does the little stuff. No a bitter bone in his body towards women...
Last night all these young hotties were hitting on him, and I was like, "go for it, don't let me hold you back", and he turned every single one down without batting an eyelash.... he just wasn't inerested, where any older guys I would have been with would have been hiding it, or sneeking in their numbr or at leasting flirting behind my back..... he straight up said, pointing to me, "I really just want to hang put with HER"..... it was the sweetest thing ever.
Sounds like a dream guy to me And I've personally known some success stories between (much) younger males and older females (and the females would identify everything you're saying here, I'm sure), so don't let age matter just because cultural custom tells you to set up arbitrary boundaries when trying to find a compatible mate.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:47 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,276 times
And the lesson here is... regardless of how long it lasts, always keep yourself open to whatever/whomever presents in your life. If you, do then you might be presently surprised and just might get exactly what you need. MIght be what you need for now or for the long run, you never know.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What about you and your kid? Do you guys fit in with his friends and family and all that? Or are you kept seperate from all that...

These are the questions I wanted to ask. He is only 21, and he has a mother. I wonder how she feels about him dating a 37 year old woman with a 5 year old child. I doubt she will feel that he is ready for that type of relationship. I am sure people will crucify me and say that he is 21 and old enough to make his decisions, but if you are a parent you know where I am coming from. Even if you are not a parent, how would you like your child to be in this young man's shoes? If you are honest, you will say it would not be something you would like your child to do. Also, if someone is old enough to be the person they are seeings parent, I think it is creepy. At this stage in his life, the age difference is too great imo.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:41 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
At 37 you can't spot a 22 y.o. liar?

I would not go for that. Its not about age either. Its about him manipulating a situation with lies to get what he wanted. You want him to apply that to other things? Because he will.

My guess is he wants to try out an older woman and has issues about age. Otherwise he would not of lied about his age to talk to you.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

He has been going out of his way to introduce me to his friends..... they usually guess me from his age to twenty four.... he has told his mom about me and she is ok with it, she would rather me thatn someone who did drugs or was an alcoholic or slept around etc...

His friends are really sweet, and they have a major age range as well, his friends aren't all just his age...

It is kinda like we are a couple of nerds who found a fellow nerd, and so the rest dosen't matter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships