Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Funny enough, he's blaming me for the divorce now and saying he would have stayed married. Crazy--he thought I'd stick around while he went out with men? Yes, I felt something in the wind, but I thought it was a mid-life crisis, not something this big. Well, he left 1-1/2 years ago and most of the bad stuff is over, and my SIL is married to a wonderful man now, but neither of us can really believe these men and it doesn't matter anyway--I'm ready to move on.
You already know thats a load of crap, excuse me for having to put that way, but I'm glad you're over it and ready to move on from this.
Best Wishes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
"Man up" I hear that all the time.... (rolls eyes) Well, maybe he wanted to come out years before but our society was not so accepting of these guys back then.

Plain old fashioned creepy to be attracted to a fit, in shape, trim beautiful woman with ZERO baggage? I'm a guy and you think I'm going to buy that?
Show me someone with ZERO baggage and I'll show you either a multi-bllionaire best-selling author with all the answers or a dead person.

Which reminds me, I just had a discussion last night with a 50-something year old man who doesn't get older men who chase younger women. And this guy has a lot going on for him and could have one--or more--if he wanted. He says he had younger women and unless they've come out with a new breed, they're no different than they used to be. He says women 40+ have less drama and play fewer games. Finally, a man who gets it.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:35 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Show me someone with ZERO baggage and I'll show you either a multi-bllionaire best-selling author with all the answers or a dead person.

Which reminds me, I just had a discussion last night with a 50-something year old man who doesn't get older men who chase younger women. And this guy has a lot going on for him and could have one--or more--if he wanted. He says he had younger women and unless they've come out with a new breed, they're no different than they used to be. He says women 40+ have less drama and play fewer games. Finally, a man who gets it.
I just 41 a few weeks ago, and to be honest I'd feel silly with a woman in her 20's, maybe, maybe 29 or so but she's have to be a bright and with it type of person.

I got ripped on earlier about my comments about youngins.

I guess for me, it boils down to this, We ain't gonna be in the bed 24/7, so I want to talk about something other then the latest boy bands, hanging out at the mall, or taking her finals.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:27 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Wyo, I don't blame you one bit for that one and I'm glad you got out before you lost all chance at happiness.

Aw shucks, Mountainman, that was sweet.

Funny enough, he's blaming me for the divorce now and saying he would have stayed married. Crazy--he thought I'd stick around while he went out with men? Yes, I felt something in the wind, but I thought it was a mid-life crisis, not something this big. Well, he left 1-1/2 years ago and most of the bad stuff is over, and my SIL is married to a wonderful man now, but neither of us can really believe these men and it doesn't matter anyway--I'm ready to move on.
LOL, he might very well have thought that! My boss was married at 19 and within a couple of years found out her husband was going to gay bars and having flings with men. She was shocked, but then proceeded to see a lawyer so she could get on with her life. He was very upset and didn't understand why they couldn't remain married. He said he loved her and that he just had these special needs and she should understand that this was just a part of him. More likely he didn't want to be out to his family and needed her for a cover.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Humans are crazy and you really can't be certain about anything other then yourself... In other words, people are going to do whatever they want to do and if I were you I would not loose any sleep over why this person did this or did that...

Just look on the bright side, at least these people had the guts to tell their significant others about the new lifestyle they wanted to pursue instead of hiding the relationship on the side and potentially exposing their significant other to STDs.
I watch a lot of things like the Investigation Discovery channel and there are all these women who one day find out they are married to the serial killer whose deeds have been on the news for years.

I also love the ones who find out one day that their husband is married to someone else, too. One woman married to an international airline pilot was upset because her husband got home a day after their child was born. Turned out that he was late because another wife in another part of the country was having a baby the same day.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Plain old fashioned creepy to be attracted to a fit, in shape, trim beautiful woman with ZERO baggage? I'm a guy and you think I'm going to buy that?
Actually you've got it backwards in this situation. My SIL was absolutely gorgeous and still is, and the 17 yo that he left her for wasn't nearly as pretty even if she was 11 years younger. Also, the relationship lasted maybe 5 years after that b/c the girl turned out to be nuts. His kids were quite young when he left her--maybe like 5 and 8. While she has moved on nicely, the fact that he has gone and done it again to a stepmom that the young men dearly loved is really hard for all of them to accept and the boys are having to relive all this. And, he claimed that he'd never slept with this one either. It's interesting that the wives are beautiful but the lovers are not--I think that he doesn't feel that he deserves the great luck he's had in his life and has to go and do something to mess it up. He's not bad looking but he's not the kind of man that women drool over.

And yes Virgode, I know mine fed me a line of crap--he's trying to get out of paying child support. That and like Mightyqueen said, he didn't want to come out to his family so he's very cross with me for forcing the issue. He wanted me to tell everyone that we just decided that it wasn't working anymore, which lasted 30 seconds with my 93 yo g-mother. She arched her eyebrows at me and said, "And?" So yes, I think Man up is indeed the right term. After all, what kind of man hides behind the skirts of a woman for 23 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships