Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There is a voyeur for every exhibitionist in this world. It's not like the biggest train wrecks aren't the most exciting threads here.
So true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
I think I like the old days when couples would actually argue right in front of you. Sure it could be uncomfortable to be right there to witness it, but it was also pretty entertaining. I knew one couple who would get into a fight in front of the rest of us almost every time we saw them. Seeing it on Facebook wouldn't have been as much fun.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:23 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
A friend who is a family law attorney told me that 40% of divorces today have the word facebook somewhere in the paperwork. People are out there finding old loves and thinking that things will be the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago I guess. The real deal is that we are no longer in the 1980's, 1990's or even early 2000. Life goes on and old loves are best left back in time. A good friend "Suzy" that happened to be a Junior High Girlfriend of mine happened to have dated a high school friend of mine, "Allen" way back in the early 1980's. I have remained friends with both over the years. Suzy moved on dated several of my friends and eventually met a good man that she has 4 beautifull kids with. She is happy and living the dream. Allen also ended up getting maried and has 4 beautifull kids. Allen went on to leave his wife and kids and move to another nation for work. Because of facebook he was able to see that Suzy was one of my friends. He made a friends request that Suzi accepted. Over a 2 month period they corresponded and eventually exchanged numbers. One morning Suzi called me a little upset. She told me that Allan had asked about going out and spend some time with her. He made in her eyes inappropriate comments and it kind of floored her. Suzi is very happy with her life and in love with her husband. She ended up dropping facebook from her life as it didn't seem like a good place for her anymore. I ended up dropping Allen from my friends list as I didn't think his actions were that great.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think I like the old days when couples would actually argue right in front of you. Sure it could be uncomfortable to be right there to witness it, but it was also pretty entertaining. I knew one couple who would get into a fight in front of the rest of us almost every time we saw them. Seeing it on Facebook wouldn't have been as much fun.
Those days haven't ended. Facebook just enhances their fights. They still fight in person, but if you miss the fight, there's always facebook.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
A friend who is a family law attorney told me that 40% of divorces today have the word facebook somewhere in the paperwork.
I've read about it, too, and it only makes sense. It definitely leads to waking up a lot of sleeping dogs...

Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
A friend who is a family law attorney told me that 40% of divorces today have the word facebook somewhere in the paperwork. People are out there finding old loves and thinking that things will be the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago I guess. The real deal is that we are no longer in the 1980's, 1990's or even early 2000. Life goes on and old loves are best left back in time. A good friend "Suzy" that happened to be a Junior High Girlfriend of mine happened to have dated a high school friend of mine, "Allen" way back in the early 1980's. I have remained friends with both over the years. Suzy moved on dated several of my friends and eventually met a good man that she has 4 beautifull kids with. She is happy and living the dream. Allen also ended up getting maried and has 4 beautifull kids. Allen went on to leave his wife and kids and move to another nation for work. Because of facebook he was able to see that Suzy was one of my friends. He made a friends request that Suzi accepted. Over a 2 month period they corresponded and eventually exchanged numbers. One morning Suzi called me a little upset. She told me that Allan had asked about going out and spend some time with her. He made in her eyes inappropriate comments and it kind of floored her. Suzi is very happy with her life and in love with her husband. She ended up dropping facebook from her life as it didn't seem like a good place for her anymore. I ended up dropping Allen from my friends list as I didn't think his actions were that great.
There seems to be a high number of married people on Facebook who use it to relieve marital and sexual boredom. I have definitely had them talk to me privately and try to escalate things into some sort of online affair. I'm single, but I have no desire to be someone's personal blankie so I always shut those people down pretty quickly. But I can easily see how two bored married people can get together online and develop an emotional affair. If your friend Suzi were in an unhappy marriage, who knows how the story might have ended.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
There seems to be a high number of married people on Facebook who use it to relieve marital and sexual boredom. I have definitely had them talk to me privately and try to escalate things into some sort of online affair. I'm single, but I have no desire to be someone's personal blankie so I always shut those people down pretty quickly. But I can easily see how two bored married people can get together online and develop an emotional affair. If your friend Suzi were in an unhappy marriage, who knows how the story might have ended.
So true. Chances are I would never have heard of it either as I am sure that people playing those games try to keep it on the downlow.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
A friend of mine just put the breakdown of her marriage on Facebook.

It was so sad. One day her status was something like 'i can't wait for ***** to get home'
and a couple of days later it was
'how could you do this to me, guess I'm single again and our marriage and boys mean nothing to you. I never imagined pain like this.'

Or something like that.

I'm not laughing - I feel awful for her. They've been married since she was 19 and have two sons.

I don't know why she put it on Facebook - it does seem odd, but I guess she's just reacting to whatever awful news he gave her when he got home. Poor thing and at least she's getting an outpouring of support and maybe that's what she needs to cope? I don't know.

Normally I find stuff like that ridiculous, but this has been heartbreaking to watch.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:11 PM

42 posts, read 83,778 times
Quote:
To be fair, he has not said a peep. I keep wishing he will show up to stoke the fire, but no such luck! I doubt he'll say anything publicly at all.

She was always a drama ho, and he was always pretty quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is a fun spectator sport. Most I ever said was my divorce was finalized. A friend went in on my ex's account (the ex wife voluntarily gave her the password to her account) and found all sorts of items that went to my divorce attorney. It expedited my filing for divorce, it also resolved that I would never talk to the cheating pathetic excuse o a human being again.

I removed the ex early on. Well once I had the evidence I needed... Then about the time it was finalized I removed her mother, mothers spousal equivalent, sister and a bunch of her inbred cousins. I deleted a bunch of my family who sided with the cheater, in fact I wont talk to those members face to face, unless its to tell them to get out of my sight. I had a few who I was friends with before I met the evil witch that I kept and some who I actually like.

It is entertaining to watch the stupidity.

I have to admit that you had to get enough guts to actually make people realize that you are not a doormat. I had to do this in real life. Alot of times people tell me to cut your losses and go on. Its hard at first, then later on, its start getting easier to bear the brunt.

I hate to be in the boat where the person whom cheats gets on facebook brags about it to shame the innocent party, It will come back to bite the person in the hiney. I have seen this happen to two game playing couples.

I would say they were in their late 30's to 40's at the time. They were heavy into drugs, Mind all warped, using the kids against my parents. The kids would get wild, then the parents dump their kids off on my mom and the family to take care of and straighten out. Then my aunt and uncle would come threatening to call the law on my mom. The drama continued to the point where I have no love for my aunt and uncle. I basically cut them out of my life.

They have facebook. I do not add them on, if they tried to add me on, I will deny and block them.

I have no time for drama in my life. I have plenty time for peace and tranquility. I do not condone messing with another man's property. It should be highly respected. We do not see alot of this in today's world.

Divorce is running rampant. This is all I have to add.

Stone of refuge

Old 10-11-2010, 12:25 PM

943 posts, read 2,281,099 times
Quote:
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

At some point between yesterday afternoon and this morning, she deleted all of her angry posts, posted on his wall a public apology for having done him wrong by telling the world that he shagged his wife the night before, and now she has a picture of the two them as a profile pic.

Things are calm now, but I'm sure things will pick up again in a month or so.
Ive seen people break up on Facebook and then embarrassed tell you they are just friends but really dating.

Some people will come online to complain about spouses and scream they are getting divorces. I did it here to vent, and didnt divorce, so have a bit of red face. Some people do get counseling and have relationships be saved or go into a more mutual truce place. I learned lesson from that be careful of what you post about relationshiups even anonymously on internet. This country imploding and people are under so much stress. I never posted on Facebook EVER about any of this stuff.

But if this is an adulterous relationship, thats pretty bad. She is mad at him for having had sex with his wife? and being public about this, not hving people care she or he is an adulterer? Now that is weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships