Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Will Smith, who's one of the most successful actors in Hollywood also has quite noticeable ears
Noticeable they are! If I were a man with such ears, I'd grow some longish hair.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
And BTW, Mercury Cougar is on target: Finding the humor in life is a major element of success.
And speaking of "cougars" ...
Although I am not physically deformed, I married a woman who, by all logic, should not have been attracted to me. She has a fetish for younger men, and she likes them relatively small and thin. I am older than her, taller than her, and I'm not as thin and muscular as she likes. But she fell madly in love with me anyway. (In other words, I married a cougar, even though I'm an older guy. Ha!)

So, I guess the moral of the story is: looks are not everything.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Well, you said you're on campus so you're probably under 25. There's a lot of superficial females on a college campus, and campus life is very clique-y.

Get your degree. The real world begins after you're out of college and in the workforce anyhow.

I think you see your ear deformity as being something insurmountable when it's your personality that is the first thing someone notices about you when they aren't superficial.

Don't waste your time with superficial people they are vain, insecure, and self absorbed.

Who'd want to date that?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well, you said you're on campus so you're probably under 25. There's a lot of superficial females on a college campus, and campus life is very clique-y.

Get your degree. The real world begins after you're out of college and in the workforce anyhow.

I think you see your ear deformity as being something insurmountable when it's your personality that is the first thing someone notices about you when they aren't superficial.

Don't waste your time with superficial people they are vain, insecure, and self absorbed.

Who'd want to date that?
Well, did you notice Le Roi's very good question was never answered...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 PM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Who'd want to date that?
Given what you say here, my point about the other men stands stronger then.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:15 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Will Smith, who's one of the most successful actors in Hollywood also has quite noticeable ears but it sure hasn't caused him any problems.
His ears are cute. Makes me wanna just nibble on them a bit.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanX View Post
Hello I'm a 21 year old college and I was born with an ear deformity. I'm not able to attract young women at all. I never experienced the first kiss, date, and girlfriend. Regardless if a woman is a 10 or homly they have no interest in me. Women have no physical attraction towards me. Over 20 women have rejected in me a row.

To tell you a little bit about myself. I'm black. I'm 6'0 at 165 pounds with a little muscle tone. I wear glasses because I can't medically wear contacts. My hobbies are watching football, basketball, and video games. I'm an active member of two clubs on campus so some people know me around campus.
I was envisioning Quasimodo, but just an ear? Hmm grow long hair?

I don't think messed up ear(s) will turn a woman away. It must be something else.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:45 PM

18 posts, read 48,914 times
There's so many reponses that I won't make a huge post quoting everyone. Secondly thanks for the responses.

I don't have problems with my personality. People say that I am funny, witty, smart, and fun to be around. I love watching sports and sometimes playing with friends.

I am a member of two clubs on campus. I have met people in clubs and started friendships. Women in these clubs have zero dating interst in me at all. Regardless of that I am very active in these clubs. I am the treassure in one club.

As far as the video game commenets please do not stereotype me as a guy who only stays at home to play video games. I like video games, but they do not consume my time. I only play games a few times a month at best. I am too busy having fun with friends to always play video games.

I am not expecting most women to ask me out on a date. I know some women do ask men out or at least say they are interested before the guy mentions it.

It's not just superfacial women who are rejecting me. All types of women reject me. Even the most unpopular and undesired women on campus will not give me the time of day. I'm black so I don't have the option of growing long hair. Dreads aren't an option because they look awful on me.

To the comments about getting a job after college and try to date. I will not be open to dating after getting a good job. I will not pay someone to date and love me. I rather die lonely then paying someone to be with.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,276 times
OP- Honey, It's an ear!! I happen to have an ear fetish...only if they are "cold" but give me something different YOWZA! You are just different as we all are....who wants run ofthe mill?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Dude, seriously. Black guys can grow their hair long, I don't know if it would look good on you, but you don't have to choose between just dreds and a crew-cut. An Afro may be sort of retro, but, who cares if it makes *you* look good?

For that matter, maybe some facial hair would draw attention away from your ears?

And I didn't say get a job and then head for the Mustang Ranch. I said hit the gym, hit the books, build yourself up during your college years. Graduate with a good degree and get a good job.

OK *then* you get your ears "fixed" ie plastic surgery.

The above will result in well-founded self esteem, you will feel good about yourself because you have made something of yourself. That's not to say you are a nobody now, but your lack of self-confidence is strong and obvious over the internet, it has to be more obvious in person.

Like I posted elsewhere, even if you are, right now, to be blunt, ugly - if you hit the gym and get built and ripped, if you optimize your hairdo, including facial hair, and get some good clothes - I mean even if you are starting out as a "2", you will be up to about a "7" on most women's radar.

You can't get built in 3 days or even 3 weeks, but after 3 months you should see noticable improvements.

But like all my ideas this seems to involve serious work so you probably wont' be interested.

And, seriously, dude, big ears or protruding ears don't really qualify as a "deformity" - The Elephant Man was deformed. You just have big ears. Maybe you should do some volunteer work in a hospital, particularly one that deals with wounded warriors coming back from the Sandbox. That would maybe put your situation in perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships