Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,074 times

Advertisements

Or what about someone you sleep with on the first date?

I thought of this after ItWasWritten's topic on how long to wait to have sex.

Most of my guy friends have said no because she gave it up so quickly. Any relationship they have after that will be casual or booty call only because she didnt make him wait.

Interstingly enough, most of my female friends said yes, if they were attracted to them or if it was really amazing sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
It depends on the person. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post

Most of my guy friends have said no because she gave it up so quickly. Any relationship they have after that will be casual or booty call only because she didnt make him wait.

Interstingly enough, most of my female friends said yes, if they were attracted to them or if it was really amazing sex.
Your guy friends must be either really young and naive or just plain stupid. Let me guess: These same guys also pizz and moan about women who "play games," right?

Please.

No offense, but come on, what is this, the 1950s?

I had a two-and-a-half-year relationship with someone I met in a bar. My SO and I fooled around on our first date--four years ago.

This "giving it up too quickly" crap needs to GO.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Your guy friends must be either really young and naive or just plain stupid. Let me guess: These same guys also pizz and moan about women who "play games," right?

Please.

No offense, but come on, what is this, the 1950s?

I had a two-and-a-half-year relationship with someone I met in a bar. My SO and I fooled around on our first date--four years ago.

This "giving it up too quickly" crap needs to GO.
LOL no surprisingly they are all in relationships and never had a problem dealing with women or getting women. You would think they were young based of their responses though huh lol. One of my friends married a guy she went hoem with the day they met (in a bar!) lol so I know not all guys (and girls) think like that

Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,363,255 times
I've been married 16 years to a woman I brought home from a bar.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:48 PM

17 posts, read 52,534 times
Yah, you can! I did. With him 3 years now. Just go with the flow, don't place rules on yourself...

Old 10-24-2010, 06:52 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
I don't think that you can plan a serious long-term relationship based upon one night of attraction, let alone one night of hot sex.

That being said, it could be the start of something - just realize that relationships are not a static thing - they need to grow, over time, in order to fully develop. A relationship based upon a single night's dream hook-up might quickly become a long-term nightmare.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:26 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times
Quote:
The quick answer is yes, but a few other comments are called for.

The likelihood of it working is low. For one thing, the likelihood of any two randomly selected people clicking on the personal emotional levels needed for falling deeply in love is not high. Since the two are physically attracted well enough to have sex, the odds are somewhat better, but still not good. Why? Primarily because most men (and many women) will sometimes frack anything that moves. (Fans of Battlestar Galactica will know what "frack" means. The rest of you will just have to guess) If you expand your notion of "relationship" to include friends with benefits (which can sometimes be an nice option) the odds improve, but are still not very good in the long run.

Bottom line: Most people can separate love and sex, and thus they are willing to have sex with people who they could never realistically fall in love with. In fact they are willing to have sex with people who they might otherwise find too boring or annoying to even hang out with as freinds. This is not a terrible thing. We don't need to fall in love with people we play tennis with, or people we eat dinner with. Sex can be just recreational fun.

But, of course, if you like the way someone plays tennis, and you play tennis with them enough so that you get to know them, then you might end up falling in love. It happens.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
How? I thought a one night stand was when two people set out for some sex and then never see each other again?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:

You can't "make" a relationship out of anything. If the ingredients are there, then it will happen. Why do people think they can force these things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships