Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:37 PM

661 posts, read 1,250,886 times

Advertisements

This isn't meant as a slam to anyone, or in anyway to the site. BUT if you Google "relationships" or "relationship sites" or "relationship advise" we are not on the first page. Yet, if you look at many relationship posts why are so many started by those with one, two three posts? Why us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
It doesn't matter, there's always someone who can relate to it whether it's true or fiction. Someplace has to be their 1st post. Why not us? Why someone else?

Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM

You don't seek out an electronics site for a bread recipe.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,697 times
It does seem a little strange to me for a first forum post to be a long, personal post in this section. But then, I have a feeling that there are posters here with more than one identity.

<.<
>.>

I came to City Data and started off in the Atlanta section, since this is a forum about "City Data". Didn't venture into this section for a couple weeks.

....and now I can't get out.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:20 PM

Same here, I was Googling a recipe!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
It does seem a little strange to me for a first forum post to be a long, personal post in this section. But then, I have a feeling that there are posters here with more than
It's not really. People look for answers for a particular problem, they search, they find some appropriate forum, and post about their problem.

They register because of that, not because they care to be regulars on CD.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not really. People look for answers for a particular problem, they search, they find some appropriate forum, and post about their problem.

I think one of my first posts was a personal vent/rant, just because I couldn't deal with talking about it with people who knew me.

I had absolutely no intention on coming back or becoming some CD regular. Well, that post is no longer relevant and I'm still here.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I agree. Me, I'm more suspicious of the ones who are suspicious of everyone.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I agree. Me, I'm more suspicious of the ones who are suspicious of everyone.
Oh, my... did I just incriminate myself? I swear I'm only me!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
This isn't meant as a slam to anyone, or in anyway to the site. BUT if you Google "relationships" or "relationship sites" or "relationship advise" we are not on the first page. Yet, if you look at many relationship posts why are so many started by those with one, two three posts? Why us?
Youshouldknow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships