Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,025 times

Advertisements

What do you think of Swinger couples.. Or just swingers in general.

This is what my co-workers and I chat about..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
Swingers? Nope, not here. I dont share well.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
oh Joe...

I love to swing. It was all the rage back in the old days.. no one wants to go for it anymore? what's up with that? the stuffed petticoats, the saddle shoes, the snappy dress tuxes... the tubas, the percussion going wild... the police threatening to break it up if "you young kids don't knock off that noise!!" , the tossing, and twirling, and stamping, the spats!!!! It's so energetic and just keeps you bouncing all night long!!

*coughs* but on another note. Swinging couples as in wife sharing/husband swapping? kinda eliminates the whole idea of a marriage to begin with, no?

I wouldn't share with someone else, even if I were just seriously dating him! why would I want to? But call me old fashoined.
*sad shrug* find me someone who thinks the way I do

Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
I can tell you this - a number of people you know are likely part of the swinger community. It is one of America's best kept secrets. It's also quite repugnant to me, but I am a live and let live practicer.

Three acquaintances of mine I know swing. They have kids too. I find this morally bereft, to continue this lifestyle once kids are in the picture. Just look at the family whose next-door neighbor kidnapped, molested, and murdered thier daughter, because he wanted "in" on the swinging the parents were into, and they turned him down. I don't remember the names of those involved, but this happened here in SoCal.

I don't care if grown people choose to do this with other grown people as long as they are all willing participants. I don't think it's right if someone is pressuring someone else to try this if it's a turn-off to them, and I certainly don't think children should be included in the mix.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
oh Joe...

I love to swing. It was all the rage back in the old days.. no one wants to go for it anymore? what's up with that? the stuffed petticoats, the saddle shoes, the snappy dress tuxes... the tubas, the percussion going wild... the police threatening to break it up if "you young kids don't knock off that noise!!" , the tossing, and twirling, and stamping, the spats!!!! It's so energetic and just keeps you bouncing all night long!!

*coughs* but on another note. Swinging couples as in wife sharing/husband swapping? kinda eliminates the whole idea of a marriage to begin with, no?

I wouldn't share with someone else, even if I were just seriously dating him! why would I want to? But call me old fashoined.
*sad shrug* find me someone who thinks the way I do

You are to much...Lol....Well over all I agree with most of you.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:55 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,291,928 times
Well, this is how my relationship with my girlfriend in college basically ended..... She suggested not so much "swinging" per se, but an "open relationship" that would eventually become an "open marriage" which pretty much suggested to me that she'd already done it and just wanted to make it a new rule as I got her to admit who else she was thinking about.......

So that was kind of that as it was such a foreign idea at the time that I felt there was no way I could ever go for it......

Now??? Well, my attitude is a bit different. I would think it's fine so long as it's understood by both parties and both play safe, etc.... I'm not saying it's a lifestyle I'd choose for myself, but I'm not going to trash it either, again, so long as both are cool with it.

In retrospect, the story with my ex there ends right there at that suggestion. I never saw her again and the relationship died a natural death, but I have wished a LOT since then to see her one more time to apologize for my reaction and praise her for having the guts to at least ask me that in the first place rather than cheating....... Guess I've grown up a bit since then....

Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,475,039 times
Sex, religion and politics are not part of our worklife discussions.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times
If it floats your boat - then go for it.

What's the point of having a relationship with someone, if you're going to bounce from bed to bed with other people? Makes no sense. Blah.....

Old 08-15-2007, 01:52 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times
Oh yuck! I tink if someone swings they might go outside the group for a little strange and maybe bring back a gift to the rest of the group. Oh yuck!

Last edited by citigirl; 08-15-2007 at 02:11 PM..

Old 08-15-2007, 02:10 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,319 times
Not for me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships