Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times

Advertisements

I agree- I think 'femininity' is about more than trying to look trendy/sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Femininity is so much more than putting on makeup, styling your hair, and putting on a dress.

It's about the way you act, walk, talk, move, smile, speak, carry yourself, and interact with others. Much of it is body language and facial expression.

You see those girls in the trendy dresses - face full of makeup and hair full of products - teetering around in heels and being generally loud, drunk, and obnoxious. Those girls aren't feminine.

Then you see a woman - the way she moves is smooth and sensual, her voice is soft and inviting, her dress suggests at her body beneath, and that look she just gave you - wow. That's feminine.
You got that right. Well said.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,623 times
I love showing my feminine side!
I don't think too much about showing it, but it naturally comes out around most people.
But around others (My mother, other family, ) it kind of finds itself inside of me.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
It is hard to put into words, but it would be impossible to not show my femininity....I am a woman through and through. I love being womanly, and dressing in a way that shows off my curves...not sluttly....just quietly sensual...it is also about how you present yourself. The way a woman smiles says a lot...and her mannerisms...not fake just feminine.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I am never slutty outside my own home.

I love the quietly sensual look. The one thing I have is great legs and that's what I try to accentuate. I change things. One time I may look pretty androgynous and the next time, quite girly.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:24 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
I put a lot of effort into making my feet look nice. I always have polished toenails and toe rings. Even in winter, though toe rings are kind of uncomfortable under boots. Kinda sucks when your best feature is your feet, but I work with what I got.

Eh, whatever. I'm female, and I make sure I look it. Luckily, it's not that difficult. =P

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
I think Ellen is beautiful. Her makeup is so pretty. But yeah probably not something guys would be attracted to, not that that matters to her! I do wonder though what kind she uses now since she's vegan..anyways..

I feel guyish at work a lot. I get dirty and dusty I don't want to wear my cute clothes and I'm definetly not wearing anything tight or anything that shows my cleavage whether I got dirty or not (just because I'm not comfortable showing that at work) so I end up looking like a 13 year old boy skater. :/ To feel more like a girl I wear perfume, do something simple/cute with my hair, and wear mascara. That probably the only things possible to since I work really hard at work.

I don't think I do those things to "get noticed" though. I actually really really don't want to get noticed but at the same time I don't want to look like a boy I dunno maybe that's giving mixed signals? But if I'm totally covered up all the time, isn't that the signal guys should be getting?

Old 11-09-2010, 04:27 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,122 times
Some women exude more femininity than others. Like some of you said, a lot of it is how they carry themseves. Even the tomboy look can be very eye catching.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Femininity is so much more than putting on makeup, styling your hair, and putting on a dress.

It's about the way you act, walk, talk, move, smile, speak, carry yourself, and interact with others. Much of it is body language and facial expression.

You see those girls in the trendy dresses - face full of makeup and hair full of products - teetering around in heels and being generally loud, drunk, and obnoxious. Those girls aren't feminine.

Then you see a woman - the way she moves is smooth and sensual, her voice is soft and inviting, her dress suggests at her body beneath, and that look she just gave you - wow. That's feminine.
Yes! +1.

Could not put it into words the way you did. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 AM

7 posts, read 11,728 times
I think shoes can show my feminine, I love shoes, different shoes can take you to different place, or more precisely, comfortable shoes will take you into a wonderful world. Special is the high-heel shoes, and I love CL shoes.

I'm new here, I just want to join you. have fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships