Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:42 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Well Sunflower if YOU just worked up the nerve to approach me then I would respond

Samston I have not been follow your posts so I have no idea of your history

Do you go out much?
How often do you ask girls out?

Sadly I think a person's Environment has also a lot to do with it
If you are working with a lot of single women in your age group it helps
If you have friends with lots of single girlfriends also can make it a lot easier to hook up
I don't get on with many other women my age. it's because they're too shallow and are into Facebook. I dislike Facebook, and only have an account just because. I generally shy away from pop culture aspects. This is not meant to be derogatory, but I don't have much in common with women my age.

I don't go out much since I don't like bars, they're too hollow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 02:51 PM

545 posts, read 1,556,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
What does everybody else do, that I do not?
Don't worry. I'm still a virgin too. If you're under 30, then you still have time. Get a good education (graduate school, MBA, LLB) and make good money. Don't give a **** about your sex life. Take sex addict drugs if you feel like you are always thinking about girls (SSRI anti-depressants reduce sex urges, you're probably depressed too if you're creating this thread).

Just make money. Girls love guys with money and power. Don't waste time on this forum. If you're spending 10 hours per week thinking about girls, trying to get girls, and etc; that's 10 hours you could be using to make money or get a better education. Once you get 30 or 35 and are making 100K+ then you're gold. Become some kind of manager or executive. If you don't have money, then you can get girls if you have the looks (90% genetic, working out is neccessary but not enough) or if you have extremely good charisma (probably too late to develop if you're already 20 or so). Were you a bully when you were a kid? If not, then you probably don't have what it takes to get girls at bars. Were you some kind of captain or leader in a club? If not then you don't have a charisma. The easiest thing to do is probably money. I guess you can join toastmasters to develop public speaking skills but that doesn't teach you how to go up to a girl and get her number.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
I'm so not looking to upset you but, perhaps it's your breath?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:55 PM

So, people have sex and they don't?

Old 11-20-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
I'm so not looking to upset you but, perhaps it's your breath?
Why are you insulting me? What did I do to you?

Old 11-20-2010, 03:01 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
You may not have bad breath but you also don't have much of a sense of humor either!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:23 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
I don't get on with many other women my age. it's because they're too shallow and are into Facebook. I dislike Facebook, and only have an account just because. I generally shy away from pop culture aspects. This is not meant to be derogatory, but I don't have much in common with women my age.

I don't go out much since I don't like bars, they're too hollow.
You still haven't answered my question: "How many girls have you asked to be your girlfriend?"

But reading the above it seems you're having trouble finding a girl you'd even be interested in being friends with, never mind getting into a relationship.

I'm a bit further along than you. I have no trouble finding girls I like enough to be friends with and when I ask them out they usually say yes. My problem is in developing and maintaining a deeper longer-term relationship.

So my advice is break it down into steps.
Step 1: Find a source of girls with whom you share common interests.
Step 2: Make friends with as many of those girls as possible.
Step 3: If one of them shows interest in you ask her out. If you can't tell if she's interested, but you like her more than the others, then ask her out anyway.
Step 4: If you still like each other after going out a few times, ask her if she wants to be your gf.

If you don't like any girls you meet enough to even befriend them, I don't see how or even why you would want them as a girlfriend, unless you just want to sleep with them.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:34 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
What does everybody else do, that I do not?
Hey, I'm sorry to see that you were all so willing to accuse me of insulting you, but I merely wanted you to consider that if you have
looked carefully at every possible reason for your inability to connect with a girlfriend, it would be foolish to assume that the possibility of
"bad breath" might not even be a factor. You'd be surprised to know that there have been whole industries formed around the bad breath
problems that are ruining relationships today.

Let me put it to you this way: " Why does everyone else have money and I do not"?
There are probably hundreds of reasons why, both being reasons for why they have the money and many other reasons why I do not.
So, why would you believe, if only for a moment, that anyone who really doesn't know anything at all about you, would be capable
of answering your question at all? How can YOU be so sure that your problem ISN'T your breath? Often, it is the most obvious negative
aspect of our hygiene that we notice the least and our breath is often overlooked by us in our haste to find other unacceptable character
defects on which to pin our troubles.

Instead of getting so snarky, why didn't you even stop to consider that bad breath may indeed be your problem? Are there no other
people close enough in life to you, that would be kind enough to respond to you when you ask for a quick "breath test"? The point is, how
can you be so positive that your breath is not the reason why you can't seem to score a chick? I'm leaving you a link so that you can test
yourself, see first-hand whether or not it is your breath that stands in your way, I recommend adamantly that you visit the site and get a
better understanding of just where you are at. I sincerely hope that if it should be something more than bad breath, that you will get some
further direction from other responders here. I also hope that you finally find the woman of your dreams. Have a great day Samston...

Here's that link:

Bad breath: Testing yourself for Halitosis. What causes bad breath?

Old 11-20-2010, 03:55 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times
Same boat here.
I've been told I sound too dry and bland, then when I attempt to go with a differing tone, then I sound "too fake".

After several rejections and some bodily harm that I never got checked out, I'm just going to continue doing what I do to get on with life and take whatever floats my way.

Not to mention there's 7 other siblings in the family, so it's not like grandchildren are going to be non-existent.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:55 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,393 times
Quote:
Society "be yourself and you'll find somebody" and it doesn't work.

I am myself by being respectful and hostile with people, and making them laugh, but it doesn't work.
In my opinion, you may simply need a more effective rationalization. Consider the analogy to an exotic car: I can't afford a Lamborghini and I don't feel bad about that, so why should I feel bad about not being able to "afford" a girlfriend? From one perspective, I may be doing both of us a favor by not insisting on an uphill battle for a relationship (especially if I feel I am in a "light brigade"). We either like each other and are willing to be friends; or, if there is insufficient interest to even be friends, I should take a closer look at why I would want to be in a relationship. If it is only for sex, I may be better off buying it, ceteris paribus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships