Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times

Advertisements

My life is passing me by. I never got with a girl because I was always in a hostile environment. I've finally escaped when I turned 24, (LOL). Now, I'm in another unfavorable situation (still safe, just...broke)

I've never really asked a lady out, not because I am afraid of her saying no, but I am afraid of her saying yes. I guess I'm afraid that somewhere down the line, she will realize that I am pathetic and then leave me. At least if I knew a woman would say no, I would initiate a quick conversation and then move on after the "rejection."

Now, I am a very good looking man. Think Chris Rock with Dreads. That is only slightly less attractive than Shrek with Jheri Curls, or Quasi Moto with an Afro. So why am I more afraid of acceptance than rejection?

I'm just being real and sharing (some laughs).

But yeah, I am really more afraid of acceptance than rejection.

Can anyone relate, or am I a weirdo? (Please tell me that I'm a weirdo)

Last edited by TJenkins602; 08-06-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
So what race of girls are you interested in?

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Yep, you're a weirdo. That's ok, so am I!

144 posts, read 201,156 times
Yes you are.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM

145 posts, read 325,930 times
Commitment-phobe

Quite common.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
No woman wants a guy who thinks of himself as pathetic. You need to work on your self esteem first, learn to love yourself and your life, before you can find someone that will love you. Some guys tend to think that they are pathetic and lead a pathetic life, but if they could onoly land a girlfriend, their life would change to great overnight. It doesnt work that way. Create an interesting life for yourself, along with healthy level of self confidence and self esteem, and women will pick up on that, without you having to say it or even demonstrate it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:13 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
I understand.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
So what race of girls are you interested in?
I go for Girls of any race

With me, you'll be in first place.

Yep, you're a weirdo. That's ok, so am I!

You should have seen me last night.

ME: Would you like to...go... out... with me?

WOMAN: YES!!!

Me: (Startled, frightened)

WOMAN: ...

ME: That's... great!!! I'll let him know (Starts to run)!

WOMAN: You've asked me if I wanted to go out with you!

ME: No, I asked you if you want to go out with Mi. Ronnie Mi, the foreign exchange student. (Runs and jumps out the door)

Lady swings a whip that wraps around TJenkins602's waist

LADY: (Scorpion's Voice) GET OVER HERE!!!

Poor lady.

She was really hot too.
(Okay, that was just an extreme example. I didn't run out on her, the date is on for this friday)

I think it might be a commitment issue. I just feel a little inferior when I'm with a woman, no matter how she feels about me. When they say no, it takes a little pressure off of me.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 08-06-2012 at 02:29 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 01:25 PM

677 posts, read 1,539,014 times
You still feel damaged from your childhood. You avoid intimacy- a close relationship- because you don't want others see that you're damaged. You have trust issues because the people you loved first- your parents- broke your heart.

You need to heal your broken heart before you trust anyone else with it.

Best wishes~

~l~

Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No woman wants a guy who thinks of himself as pathetic. You need to work on your self esteem first, learn to love yourself and your life, before you can find someone that will love you. Some guys tend to think that they are pathetic and lead a pathetic life, but if they could onoly land a girlfriend, their life would change to great overnight. It doesnt work that way. Create an interesting life for yourself, along with healthy level of self confidence and self esteem, and women will pick up on that, without you having to say it or even demonstrate it.
That's how it should be. But, for some reason, I attract girls no matter what I think about myself. I'm really trying to work on myself and keep everything simple, but when those legs open up, you know I come divin' LOL!!!

I'm puttin up a sign sayin "UNDER CONSTRUCTION." or something like that.

But, yeah, I agree with what you are saying. True words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships