Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:35 PM

339 posts, read 1,287,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think the root of the entire problem lies in the choice of Dave & Buster's as a meet-up place. Seriously.

Think about it - you're going to a place where drunken people are re-living their recently-departed childhood - screaming and crying and running around like a bunch of unsupervised brats.
LOL, omg I was thinking the same thing! Although I had fun playing Fast and Furious and a few other games...I found it to be extremely juvenile. We played 2 games where for 20 minutes we were shooting terrorist jumping from behind stuff. But, it was HIS idea to take me there. I wanted to meet him at a bar but he didn't like the bar scene.

Anyhow...he ended up texting me the next afternoon asking how I was, so it had NOTHING to do with ME. Mind you, I didn't tell him I was leaving town...but truth is, I actually was leaving town the next day. So by the time he texted me, I was 50 miles out of town. I told him that I really didn't get the impression he was interested, because when he left all he said was, "well, lets hangout again sometime." Then he ask me for a pic to get him thru his workday

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Meeting up with someone at the last minute (and IMO last minute means making a date anytime that very day) means one of two things:

1. He had something better to do and it fell through.
or
2. He has something better to do and it starts later on that night.

Either way, aren't you worth more than that?

I personally should have known. His profile was listed in California, yet he lives in Denver. When I asked him about it, thinking he was visiting...he says, "oh, some people act really relentless about meeting up, so I decide I rather just message people than for them to message me.

It just didn't sound right, and since he couldn't ask me out afterwards I really wasn't interested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
uh, why do you think a guy would meet you at 11 pm who had never met you before? do you think he walks to talk about your childhood, or just chat, get to know one another? i don't think i would be remiss nor cynical in saying that alot of people seem to be missing the underlying assumption of the guy here. he thinks he was gonna get some. why oh why oh why would you be putting together last minute dates from someone you met on the internet on a friday night? i don't mean to be mean or anything, but if you were a friend of mine in real life i would tell you the same thing. this is NOT going to give any favorable impression of you to anyone you meet under these circumstances. its like you were setting up a booty call. you may not think that way, but the guy does. i mean, a chick he never met, wants to meet him late night, on a friday, at the last minute. this is NOT a great beginning. this is a booty-call-structure. this smells like desperation on top of it.

what are you searching for? Mr. Goodbar? do you want a relationship, or are you too busy for long term stuff and are just trying to have fun? i mean, there is nothing wrong with that, but i am afraid you may be cheapening yourself in your methods of doing so. maybe if we knew exactly what you were hoping to get from these transactions it would help us understand. if you are wanting something deeper and long term you shouldn't choose fly-by-night methods in getting there. its a heartbreak waiting to happen.

i hope this doesn't sound harsh- i am not trying to be a smartass and dismissive like people on here often can be- but maybe you are hurting yourself needlessly, like us women often do, and it doesn't have to be that way.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:57 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
When someone calls you last minute ( usually it's booty call ) just say " No sorry , I have plans "

Don't let someone disrespect you like that.

You are too important to go out last minute with someone who obviously was killing time....

Next time first date always make it SHORT. That way if he sux you can get out of it early !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships