Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times

Advertisements

ask the temptations. or sam and dave. them fools could dance.

i think nowadays its a club/hip hop thing where guys are expected to dance. used to be back in "the day" (pretty much anytime prior to the sixties) a gentleman WOULD know how to dance. course there was no bumping and grinding, alas.

i used to live at a venue and we would (and still do) have monthly/bimonthly square dances. it was SUCH fun to see strangers dancing with each other, and it was done in such a way that everyone could do it without being shy. just "swing your partner"- and the dances would have several moments where you would have to dance with someone next to you who hadn't danced before. delightfully old fashioned and a wonderful ice breaker!

i am, btw, a GREAT DANCER. : P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i used to live at a venue and we would (and still do) have monthly/bimonthly square dances. it was SUCH fun to see strangers dancing with each other, and it was done in such a way that everyone could do it without being shy. just "swing your partner"- and the dances would have several moments where you would have to dance with someone next to you who hadn't danced before. delightfully old fashioned and a wonderful ice breaker!

i am, btw, a GREAT DANCER. : P
Yah, there's something really sexy about that swing your partner and you get to flirt a lot!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:56 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire. - George Bernard Shaw
And that is a good thing.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I personally just love moving to the music, shaking my body in the way that feels liberating, erotic and sensual. It makes me feel sexy and free. When a woman dances with confidence, the floor lights up and she knows it too. That's one of her ways of expressing herself and her sexuality.

I think men love to dance too but don't always admit it.
Jeez, I got horny just reading that.

I also agree

Old 12-11-2010, 09:00 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,871 times
Quote:
I think men love to dance too but don't always admit it.
No, (I and I know that I am not alone) dance for one reason and one reason only; to get women. If I'm seen on a dancefloor it is because I'm hunting for a good lay and nothing else.
(I really do not like dancing)
So this is only done when my desire for women get's temporarily greater than my dislike for dancing.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Stupid thread....

If you are guy and can't get women except by dancing, you have problems.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Jeez, I got horny just reading that.

I also agree
I just got horny reading that you got horny.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:30 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
No, (I and I know that I am not alone) dance for one reason and one reason only; to get women. If I'm seen on a dancefloor it is because I'm hunting for a good lay and nothing else.
(I really do not like dancing)
So this is only done when my desire for women get's temporarily greater than my dislike for dancing.
Men who dislilke dancing are generally bad at it, no way to get women this way.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:29 PM

28 posts, read 45,128 times
I LOVE dancing.

I love going out to dance. I love dancing with other people. I love the music, the dancing, the drinks, the night and the whole thing of it. I will also put on some ABBA or something else when I am at home and dance around and around - all by myself!

What's not to love? Actually I don't even know WHY I like it myself so much. It is a mystery. But I don't much care as to the reason, it is enough just to dance and dance and then dance some more.

But I particularly like dancing with someone else, they can move you and be in sync with you and it is all nothing to do with the intellect - just dancing. And it is great.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:33 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
I just got horny reading that you got horny.

Max's mama and MonaLisaVito, both horny, imagine that maybe you and I need a Cool - Hand to cool us down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships