Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:36 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Since apparently we can't make generalizations on this forum, I want to ask:

Why do SOME women seem to be more attracted to, say, a guy who's a drug dealer and had his parents spend $30K on rehab only for him to celebrate getting out by getting ****faced and high than a normal guy?

I'd say I'm a decent catch. I don't have an abrasive personality, far from it in fact. I do well in school, I have a spotless background, I genuinely care about people and my friends will all attest to it. Probably the only things I lack are a car (which plenty of my people my age who live in big cities don't have) and the body of Michael Phelps. I consider myself intellectually curious and not ignorant.

And yet women aren't all over me like flies. They'd rather go for the aforementioned druggie, or the guy who's all tatted and pierced, or the guy with sociopathic tendencies. This isn't hyperbole either.

Really, what the **** am I (and other guys like myself) doing wrong? Someone please enlighten me, because I certainly feel like I've got almost all the RIGHT attributes that a stable woman would want.

It may be the women your attracting??
Because guys like you dont do nothing wrong.
So take a look and see why your attracting no good women??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,276 times
Wowza, OP, sounds like you're hanging out in the pound and wondering why you don't get fleas???? Instead of trying to scale down to a skank level why not hang around/seek company that inspires you to be what you see in yourself? Anybody can lay on a turd and seek green flies but how many pople actually feel that is what they deserve?Ok, at one point or the other depression can hit....

But I think you just want to feel alive and wonder why those people around you don't enhance your desire for joy and life. Surround yourself with positive and if the outside peeps aren't there give it to you, give it to yourself and you will exceed your expectations. Before you know it, you'll be fighting off hot chicks that love your winning and positive personality!

Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
When someone tells me that he is a catch and that women should be after him, I wonder is he a catch in other people's eyes or just his own? Just because you think women should want you doesn't mean they will. Many times we can't see ourselves objectively. For instance, do you actually like women? Women like men, who like them. Many men on CD seem to believe that women are only out for money, cheat, and only date the really hot guys. Women are just like men in that we come in all different shapes, sizes, and personalities. We are all different, and we want different things. Try getting to know some women as friends and go from there. I am sure there are women out there that would like to get to know you.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
Ok dude, to help you out, I right clicked on your stats and I found a couple of problems.

1st off, your Sword of Magnitude is only a 4. Most chick's want at least a 6. I believe the shield of trojan will give you a +1 on this and +1 in melee, however you will lose -2 in Stamina.

2nd, you definitely could us a Cape of Fidelity to enhance your likelihood of not cheating and to give you +1 defense against fire magic. You can upgrade it later to Cloak of Fidelity if you can find the staff of anti-douchebaggery.

In all seriousness, like someone else said, woman say they want the nice guy, but it's been pretty well documentened that a lot of woman tend to go for guys they need to fix.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,409 times
Quote:

Why do SOME women seem to be more attracted to, say, a guy who's a drug dealer and had his parents spend $30K on rehab only for him to celebrate getting out by getting ****faced and high than a normal guy?

I'd say I'm a decent catch. I don't have an abrasive personality, far from it in fact. I do well in school, I have a spotless background, I genuinely care about people and my friends will all attest to it. Probably the only things I lack are a car (which plenty of my people my age who live in big cities don't have) and the body of Michael Phelps. I consider myself intellectually curious and not ignorant.

And yet women aren't all over me like flies. They'd rather go for the aforementioned druggie, or the guy who's all tatted and pierced, or the guy with sociopathic tendencies. This isn't hyperbole either.

Really, what the **** am I (and other guys like myself) doing wrong? Someone please enlighten me, because I certainly feel like I've got almost all the RIGHT attributes that a stable woman would want.
let's start by getting a car. Buses are so unromantic and such turn offs.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:03 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,409 times
well after you have a car, man up and stop going after this chick who is after bad boys. She does not represent the whole women population, just some and many times just it's just a stage.

We heard this before, a guy making generalizations about women cause they have a crush on a bad boy. Dude, been there done that. I liked the bad guy, he wasn't jail material but he was a total jerk. He wasn't that good looking either, and I'm actually being very generous. I wasn't in love with him but he was witty, smart and funny as hell. He's dead now, unrelated to his crappy personality. I really don't regret it, I had fun and I knew the guy was not marriage material.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:08 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Quote:
So alright, I could stand to lose a few pounds. Let's say I'll do that.

Perhaps I do give off a sense of entitlement... I certainly don't feel like I do, but it's hard to look at what's under your nose. How do I fix that though? When I say I want a woman, it's really mostly NOT about the sex (although that's certainly nice). I want a companion, someone to live my life with. Yeah I've got best friends and all, but they really aren't the same (if they were, nobody would get married!).

I certainly don't think I'm a Brad Pitt or Edward Norton lookalike, but I consider myself at least somewhat handsome. I'm not that discriminatory in my tastes. I don't mind a woman who's got a few extra pounds if she 'wears it well.' Again, I know I should lose some weight, but I don't look grotesquely fat, just husky. This girl in my health class who I had a brief infatuation for would probably rate on most men's scales as at least cute... frankly my favorite feature of hers was her face, although the rest of her was nice as well.

Finally, it's a bit hard for me to change the environment I'm in. I don't want to transfer schools (since I do like my school and the program I want to study is very reputable), and school's where I spend most of my time (the rest is either spent at home or hanging out with my friends). I'm in a club, and there are a couple cute women in it... perhaps I should try that. Sadly one of them is a senior who's likely graduating soon.
Is it possible that you're going for women who are out of your league, so to speak? I understand that what's inside is what counts, you find the one you love attractive, etc, etc, and you don't sound like a bad guy, but all the women you've talked about you've described as "cute." Is it possible that there are some great "nice girls" in the class who you are overlooking because you've immediately got your eye on the cutest looker in the room?

While that cutest looker is thinking about the cutest guy in the room, some other decent girl may be wishing you would pay her a little bit of attention.

Also, are you going up to these women, making conversation? You might find that as you meet more people, you find girls (of all attractiveness levels) that you have more in common with and a connection may form that way.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
When someone tells me that he is a catch and that women should be after him, I wonder is he a catch in other people's eyes or just his own? Just because you think women should want you doesn't mean they will. Many times we can't see ourselves objectively. For instance, do you actually like women? Women like men, who like them. Many men on CD seem to believe that women are only out for money, cheat, and only date the really hot guys. Women are just like men in that we come in all different shapes, sizes, and personalities. We are all different, and we want different things. Try getting to know some women as friends and go from there. I am sure there are women out there that would like to get to know you.
I don't really like or dislike women as a whole. I do think there are quite a few out there who are "only out for money, cheat and only date the really hot guys" but I'm always willing to give a person a chance and get to know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
let's start by getting a car. Buses are so unromantic and such turn offs.
Sure, except I don't have the money for a decent car (figure I'd need at least $2,500 to get something that won't break down 6 months of purchase), and even if I did, I certainly don't have the money for insurance (which would cost more than some car payments) or gas. Maybe in Miami things are different, but around here public transportation is good enough that it's not uncommon for a person to not own a car.

@h886, probably. I'll keep my eyes more open next semester

Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

Who cares? If you find the men she likes detestable, what do you think she's going to be like?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
It's the principle of the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships