Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Does that also hold true in your opinion for good looking men?...
Not into guys. However though I do tend to dislike those I deem the "Beautiful people". These are the ones that from childhood on are gushed over for their attractiveness. This leads to a entitlement personality that lacks depth. While good looking on the outside, inside they are untested and shallow. Now of course not all attractive people are this way.

As to judging these people that is a separate subject. I simply look for what might be likely. They are not judged for being recognized for what they are. Anymore than a poisonous snake is judged. It (or they) fit a type. Actions from them tend to also fit that type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,082 times
I don't have any insecurities. Healthy people don't lol.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Not into guys. However though I do tend to dislike those I deem the "Beautiful people". These are the ones that from childhood on are gushed over for their attractiveness. This leads to a entitlement personality that lacks depth. While good looking on the outside, inside they are untested and shallow. Now of course not all attractive people are this way.

As to judging these people that is a separate subject. I simply look for what might be likely. They are not judged for being recognized for what they are. Anymore than a poisonous snake is judged. It (or they) fit a type. Actions from them tend to also fit that type.

I am sure that you have met and gotten to know every good looking person in the world, and that gives you the ability to know what types of actions they always commit. Maybe your insecurity is that you don't feel attractive. This would tend to make you jealous and distrustful of those who have what you believe you lack.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
It's a long list and we don't have that kind of time!

Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am sure that you have met and gotten to know every good looking person in the world, and that gives you the ability to know what types of actions they always commit. Maybe your insecurity is that you don't feel attractive. This would tend to make you jealous and distrustful of those who have what you believe you lack.
Neither jealous nor distrustful. Poisonous snakes do not always bite and even when biting do not always inject poison. My looks have allowed me to skate as well. Not always, so I know when and where it happens. I have one foot in many doors.

Developed personalities take work.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
I like everything about myself.

One thing I would like to change is the first impression I give off to people. I give off some sort of vibe or look that makes people uneasy with me. I mean, I don't frown or look mean, I guess I give a look that I am not sure what it is but I want to change that. I want people to feel comfortable when they meet me.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:58 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It's a long list and we don't have that kind of time!

Start slowly and start from the beginning. One piece at a time.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 PM

199 posts, read 490,900 times
A lot of things, I try and be as confident as I cant seem but women cannot overlook the traits im insecure about

Old 12-29-2010, 12:40 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,490 times
woman, nothing to fear. Do not be shy.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
A lot of things, I try and be as confident as I cant seem but women cannot overlook the traits im insecure about
In my experiences it's best to face your insecurities. Insecurities are nothing more than fabrications of our own imaginations. I say don't let the make believe world of "what if" rule the world you live in. There is no way to know how everyone will look at our insecurities, but I believe if we give those insecurities power over us, people will see this and not be able to over look them. However, if you face and defeat your insecurities, people can't help but look past them as they will no longer exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships